Status: Workin' on it.

Somewhere In Neverland

Boy Next Door

I shut the front door and walked to the end of the driveway to look around.
I had already finished helping my mom put the boxes in the house. We're gonna unpack later tonight.

I started walking down my street to kind of familiarize myself with the place. All of the houses were beautiful. They were all painted pretty colors. There was a yellow one here, and a blue one there, and a white over there.

After a few houses, I made it to a small park. I found a bench and wat down. I pulled out my cell phone to see if I had any text messages. I had 1.
From: Alley
*hope you're enjoying Baltimore! Miss you already. :(*

It made me sad. I missed Alley so much. I sat at the park for a while before finally deciding to get up and walk back home. I put my headphones in and walked slowly back.

As I made it back to my house, I heard laughing. I looked next door and saw two boys around my age wrestling around on the ground.

One of them was tall and lanky, with black hair, and the other was a little shorter, with messy brown hair and bushy eyebrows.

The messy brown-haired boy was adorable. I couldn't help but stare a little.

The boy with the messy brown hair shouted "HAHA JACK! I WIN! SUCK IT!"
The black haired boy retaliated with "Fuck you Alex!"

Alex. That was his name.
Without thinking, I laughed out loud. They both stopped and looked at me. Jack jumped to his feet and immediately started walking towards me. Alex got up and did the same.

"Hey!" Jack said, "Who are you?"
"I...um..I'm Amber." I managed.
He instantly cracked a grin. "I'm Jack! Nice to meet you."

"Are you new here?" Alex asked.
"Yes. I just moved in here." I said while pointing at the house behind me.
"Awesome! I live there, and Jack lives on the next street." He said smiling, "I'm Alex, by the way."
"Hi, Alex. I'm Amber."
"Nice to meet you, Amber!" He smiled. I melted.

All of a sudden, Jack pointed to my hair. "I LOVE YOUR HAIR!" he said excitedly.
My hair is bright pink/purple.
"Thanks..You're actually the first person besides my friend Alley that complimented it instead of just staring like there's something wrong with me." I said.
"It looks awesome." Alex said.

"Thanks, guys!" I said.

"So, where are you gonna be going to school?" Alex asked, curious.
"Dulaney High. I'm registering tomorrow, and they said I should be able to start."

"ALEX. She's gonna be going to school with us! Fuck yeah!" Jack yelled.
"That's where we go to school too. If you need someone to show you around or need someone to hang with, you could hang with Jack & I. We have some other friends too, but they're cool." Alex said.

"Really? That'd be great! Thanks." I smiled at Alex.
He smiled back and I swear, I saw him blush.

Ales pulled out his phone and checked it. "Jack, bro. We gotta go. Zack just texted me."
"Okay." Jack said.

"It was nice to meet you, Amber. I'll hopefully see you tomorrow." Alex grinned.

"It was nice to meet you too. I'll definitely be looking for you." I smiled back.

"Okay, see ya later!"

He and Jack walked off, and all I could do was stare.

I turned around to go inside and thought to myself, "Well. Maybe Baltimore won't be so bad after all."
♠ ♠ ♠
Heyyyyy. :)
So, Alex & Amber?
Yes/no? Lemme know what you think!
She'll be starting school in the next chapter. :3
Comment & subscribe please. c:

-Haley. :)