Sequel: Swimmers Story

My 3 Dedications And Me

Departures And Arrivals

She was packed and ready to leave when Michael walked in the house "Okay let's go!" he called and she dragged her stuff to the car before they set off. Michael left her at the airport and she left very nervous, "Hey" a girl at her side said and she looked at her. "Team USA?" Dolly nodded "Well they tell me I am, still feels like they've made a huge mistake" she replied and the girl laughed. "Oh I felt like that too! First games?" "Yep, you're Katie Ledecky right?" Dolly asked and she nodded smiling. 

"I feel bad now for not knowing your name!" "Oh don't! Dorothy, I'm Dorothy" she replied and Katie nodded. "Well Dorothy it's nice to meet you, so what is it you do?" "I'm a swimmer too! Butterfly mainly" she smiled as Katie nodded and by the time they'd got to Rio it felt like Katie might just become her friend for the games. They all piled on buses to the hotels and all the swim team were on one together "Okay when I say your name listen because I'll tell you what room you're in and who you're with!" a woman shouted up the bus and it fell silent.

Dolly heard a laugh from nearby and turned to see Allison Schmitt sat with Ryan Lochte, "Mr Lochte let's keep the comedy routines to a minimum!" the woman called and he shot her a bright grin. Michael was friends with both of them and had always spoke nice things about them. The woman set off on her list "Ledecky and Schmitt, room 63. Vollmer and Hersey, room 64. Franklin and Phoenix, room 65" she recited and Dolly looked round to see Missy Franklin sat next to Allison Schmitt and Ryan Lochte on the back row and Allison Schmitt didn't look that happy.

"Why can't I stay with Missy? We shared last time and nothing happened? We're like sisters!" Allison argued with the woman. "I don't care! You're given who you're given!" "But that Ledecky girl has been sat with another girl all the time, can't we just get her to swap rooms and then put me with Missy?" Allison reasoned. "Allison what's up?" Missy asked as she reached Allison's side "I'm trying to swap to your room but she won't let me! I told her Ledecky has a friend in that girl she was with at the airport and on the plane" "Oh you mean the brunette she was with on the bus? That's Dorothy Phoenix, she's sharing with me. Well Dana said that was Phoenix, recognised her from the fly at qualifying" Missy explained.

"Well there we go! Phoenix takes my place with Ledecky and I go in with Missy" Allison said to the woman who shook her head as Dolly stood with Katie. "Charming! We must be unpopular!" Katie joked and Dolly nodded, "I don't care! Nobody changes rooms! Now get inside and stop bickering!" "Allison its fine! I'll see you in the morning I'm beat!" Missy called walking over towards Dolly and Katie. "Hi I'm Missy Franklin, you're Dorothy Phoenix right?" "Hey, yeah. Nice to meet you" Dolly offered. "Hi Katie! Hope everything's okay!" "Hi, yeah and you! I best get inside I'll see you tomorrow Dorothy, bye" Katie called walking inside with an angry looking Allison Schmitt.

"Well it looks like we're roommates so I guess we're going to have plenty of time to get to know each other. But the basics are: 21, Pasadena, neat freak and dislikes early starts" Missy listed as they walked inside and in the elevator. "22, Baltimore, likes clean and tidy and actually really likes being up early" Dolly replied smiling as Missy opened the door. They spent some time talking before Missy went to bed and Dolly's phone buzzed 'Hey Phin! I just got to my room! Turns out I can share with Ryan so that's a winner! Hope the flight and everything was good and I see you made friends with Katie, she's a nice kid! Anyway I'll ring you in the morning to organise training but I want you up at normal time. Sleep well, Mikey xxxxxx' she read and she climbed in bed. 'Someone's been using his name to get the room he wanted! ;) I got Missy Franklin and she's really nice so far. Yeah Katie's lovely, would I dream of being up late? Speak to you tomorrow, night! Dolly xxxx' she texted setting her alarm and falling asleep quickly.