Sequel: Swimmers Story

My 3 Dedications And Me

Some News Is Bad News

She woke up later to see Michael trying to edge away from next to her “Sorry!” he said and she groaned getting up, she put the dishes down in the kitchen and he smiled “Right get to bed champ” “Really, champ? I don’t think I’m quite there yet” she replied stretching and he laughed “One day, think like one and be one! Anyway I’ll be here early to awake your lazy ass so sleep well because you’ll work hard tomorrow,” he stated as she waved as he left.

She walked through the door to see Michael looking less than amused at her being 20 minutes late, “Sorry” she mouthed and he was about to growl at her when she spoke “Okay dad, are you sure you’re okay on your own?” she asked and he sat back down waiting patiently for her as she appeared at his side. She pinned the phone to her ear with her shoulder as she tied her long dark hair up, “Well if you need me to come over tell me okay?” she said as she stretched her shoulders out.

“Okay, yeah! Love you too dad, tell momma I love her and I hope she feels better soon. If you need me for anything ring me, bye” she said ending the call and putting it on the chair next to Michael. “Give me 5 minutes,” she said before walking to the other end of the pool finishing getting ready as she gritted her teeth, she stretched again spotting Michael watching her intensely. She rubbed her eyes pushing the tears from her face before diving in to the pool and swimming towards him hauling herself up on the side resting on her elbows to look at him.

“Okay sir what we doing today?” she asked and he looked at her “Are you sure? Do you want to talk…” “What are we doing today?” she repeated her dark eyes trying to convey something and he nodded before giving out orders and she smiled at him thankful he understood her. She jumped out the pool later on her body wasn’t as tired as it used to be and she knew she was pushing herself further “Well done, I want to work on your starts though tomorrow. We’ll look at different techniques for you and which works better for you” he said and she nodded disappearing in to the changing room and he showered getting changed waiting for her at the exit.

She walked out walking towards him and as soon as she got to his side she grabbed him dropping her bag burying her head in his shoulder and he smiled hugging her against him, he heard the door and saw his old coach walking in, he picked Dolly’s bag up guiding her in to the changing rooms.

He hugged her again as her head pushed to the base of his neck “I’m sorry Dolly, are things no better?” he asked her and she shook her head “She’s been taken in to hospital, she passed out at home and their neighbour found her” she explained and he tightened his grip on her.

“Dolly! Do you want to go see them?” she shook her head “Well you know we don’t have to train although something tells me you like it” he offered and she nodded “I’m sorry I was late, dad’s just a bit lonely I think and he’d just got home before going to see her” she reasoned and he shook his head.

“No you’re fine, she’ll be okay Dolly” he reassured kissing the top of her head “Eww! Mikey!” she laughed before pulling away from him and he laughed at her. She wiped her eyes “As if you just did that! You’re gross! Your lips have touched me too many times already what with the whole mouth to mouth thing” she joked as he smiled at her.

“I’ll give you a ride home but I’ve got to go see Bob seeing as he’s here, come on” he stated motioning for her to join him, “Michael! I thought I saw you! How are you?” a man Dolly recognised asked and Michael answered “Bob this is my friend Dolly” Michael introduced and Dolly smiled at him. “So how’s life going for you? Have you been swimming?” “Yeah, life’s good and yeah we’ve been swimming. Got to get exercise somehow haven’t you” he answered and his old coach nodded.

“So what you doing coming don here at this time of day?” “Well if I’m honest I came down to see what you’re using this pool for. Not making a come back are we?” he joked and Michael smiled “No I told you I’m done with that, I still swim but no more competing for me. I said I was trying my hand at other things now” “Yeah I know but I’m just testing you” his old coach grinned at him “Anyway we should get going, nice seeing you Bob” Michael said hugging his old coach “Yeah, I’ll see you soon I hope! And nice meeting you Dolly” he smiled and she nodded “You too!” she replied and Michael waited for her to walk with him.