Status: I'll update as much as I can. c:

Sing Me To Sleep

Chapter 6

It was now a month since the incident. My dad has been coming home earlier than before. Something about the situation still bugged me but I just brushed it off.

Things with Jaime started to become rough. We'd have little time to talk to each other and when we did, we would always seem to be arguing about something. I definitely am not liking where all this arguing is going. I like to think he's just stressed with everything, about starting a new band and finding the right people, but I wasn't really good at convincing myself.

Then, one day it all went downhill. 

We were in the middle of Skyping when he got really serious.

He sighed, "Ariel, something's been in my mind lately and I've given it a lot of thought."

This started to worry me. "What is it?"

"I think we should take a break. If feel like I'm holding you back from living in Vegas. I just have a feeling like I'm making you miserable, and I can't stand at the thought of you not being happy. We're constantly fighting and I've seen you cry so much because of me. I just think we should let go. Who knows maybe just for a short amount of time or longer. I just don't want to make you anymore miserable."

I looked at him in disbelief.

"I-I- what?" I started tearing up now. I couldn't believe he was doing this.
"Jaime, no. I'm not miserable. It's the total opposite. I'm happy with you. Yes, we have our arguments but that's normal. Everyone has their arguments. Please, Jaime don't do this to me. I need you."

"Baby don't cry. I'll still be here. We just need to be on our own for a bit. Ya know? Maybe in the future things will look brighter."

I breathed in deeply "If this is what you want, I'm not going to force you to be with me. Just know I don't agree with you. I never want to let you go but you're forcing me and I just want you to be happy."

"Ariel, no d-"

"Bye, I love you."

I quickly disconnected without letting him speak and I broke down. I don't know what to do, what to feel. All I knew was I felt empty. A huge void in the middle of my chest. I put my laptop on the floor and turned off my light and just hurled into a ball under my covers.

I heard my phone vibrate several times but I made no effort in getting up and checking who it was.

I cried myself to sleep and I didn't care. I only cared that this was just a dream.

The next morning I made no effort in looking presentalbe for school. All the memories came back from last night and I was in no mood to do anything. I laid on my bed for a few minutes and got up and took a quick shower. I air dried my hair and put on whatever I could get my hands on. It was starting to get pretty chill so I had on a sweatshirt and a pair of jeans. I applied very little eyeliner and didn't bother giving myself a second glance. I picked up my phone and remembered it was vibrating a lot last night. I looked through it and it had several missed calls from Jaime and text messages begging me to call him back, but I ignored all of them. I didn't have the strength to speak to him. I did have a message that I did not expect. It was from Derrek.

From: Derrek

"I know it's late and sorry if I woke you up, but do you want to do something after school, tomorrow?"

I just stared at my phone and thought I should probably do something to distract myself and not sulk all day in my room. I guess it will do me good. I would give him my answer when I see him.

As soon as Marisol was done getting ready we headed out to school. The car ride was really quiet. The radio wasn't on. I guess Marisol felt awkward because she shifted a lot in her seat.

"Alright, this is bugging me. What's wrong?" She looked at me with a serious face.

"Wh-what?"

"Something is wrong. I can tell. Your eyes are dull and you seem, what's the word...dead?"

"Nothing is wrong. Maybe I am dead."

"Whoa there. Is it Jaime?" I flinched at the sound of his name. It hurt. I miss him, badly.

"Yeah, it's him. What did he do?"

"Uhm, he broke up with me..."

"WHAT. WHAT IN GOD'S NAME WOULD HE DO THAT? THAT GUY IS HEAD OVER HEELS IN LOVE WITH YOU SINCE I CAN REMEMBER!!"

"Marisol, would you not yell." By this time we were out of the car and some of the people in the parking lot were staring our direction. "Things happen." With that I walked away, avoiding anymore discussion about the topic.

"OH DON'T WORRY. I'M YOUR SISTER AND WE'LL FINISH THIS DICUSSION LATER."

As I walked into the building, Derrek spotted me and walked up to me.

"He-Ariel? Are you okay?" He looked worried, looking straight into my eyes as if they would give him the answer. We've been getting really close lately and it amazed me how he hasn't gotten tired of me yet.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said with no emotion which didn't quite convinced him.

"Alright, you don't have to tell me, but do you mind me taking your mind off of things. Let's say after school? Usual hang out spot?" The usual spot was at a skate park down the street, which a lot of kids from school seem to love going to.

I lamely smiled and nodded. I tried to convince myself I should go out and have fun but my heart aches and all I wanted to do was talk to Jaime and make things better.

Derrek gave me a big hug before walking to first period since the bell rang. Much of the day was a blur. I didn't pay much attention to the teachers nor the students. During guitar class, Derrek tried to cheer me up but it didn't work much and stopped after he noticed it. As soon as the last bell of the day rang, I felt little relief I can finally get away.

Marisol sent me a text informing me she will be going to a friend's house. Now I don't have an excuse to delay myself from going to the skate park. Once I was at the parking lot, I spotted Derrek leaning against my car.

"Hey fucker, you're going to scratch my car." I said as I walked up to him. I guess it didn't come out as a joke as I thought it would because his face dropped. "I'm kidding. Get inside. I don't have to drop off my sister."

He did as he was told and we headed down the street to the park. When we got out we headed towards a small table.

"So, are you going to tell me what's going on that has you so emotionless today?" He smiled at me.

I tired to smile back but it wasn't happening.

"Jaime broke up with me last night." I informed him blankly.

He didn't say anything for a couple moments and I could see the different emotions in his face. He finally settled with a serious face.

"I'm really sorry, Ariel. He's the biggest idiot for letting someone so amazing go, just like that. I mean it."

"Thanks, I guess." I gave him a small smile.

The rest of the time at the skate park, Derrek tried his best to make me laugh and distract me. This time he was able to accomplish that. Derrek was getting closer and closer to my heart. It was kinda scary seeing someone I just meet two months ago getting attached to me. Time will only tell how things will end up.
♠ ♠ ♠
ugh. ~ sorry it's short and been a few days since the last update. I've kinda had trouble how to piece things together to get where I originally wanted things to go.
Anyways, sorry for all the time lapses. I'm trying to get where I actually want to be. >.<
Hope you enjoyed this one and thank you for reading.
I'd love some feedback. I want to know what you guys think! c: