Short and Sweet

Chapter 2

I stepped passed Felicity winking at her as I led the very sexy new boy into our classroom.

"My name's Keegan. Who are you?" I questioned as I sat on my desk looking at him. He flashed his pearly white teeth at me. My heart fluttered as I returned the smile.

"My name is Kaleb. My father just got stationed here. We were in England for about four years." he spoke as he stood at the desk behind mine. I nodded with interest in this guy.

"Kee Kee, who is this?" Felicity asked timidly. I smiled at her and wrapped my arm tightly around her shoulders.

"Fi Fi, this is Kaleb. Kaleb this is Fi Fi." I introduced as I smiled at her. She gazed at him in awe and he held his hand out to her. She grasped it shaking it weakly.

Oh my god! My best friend is totally hot for him!

"Your name is it really Fi Fi?" he questioned her. She shook her head gaining a little confidence. I stepped back letting them talk a little bit. I walked out into the hall to talk to my other friends.

"Hey, do you have a cigarette?" I asked as I leaned against the lockers staring at my friend Selena. She shook her head as the bell rung.

"Looks like you better get to honors calculus." she sneered before stalking down the hall. I rolled my eyes and sticking my middle finger up at her before walking back into my class room. I sat next to Felicity who was staring intently at me.

Fi Fi and I have been friends since forever ! I trust her with my entire life. We may disagree but we always find a way back to each other. Am I a sap or what? I never understood how we became friends. I am so...wild and rebellious and Felicity, well she's not any of that. I don’t even know if she is cable of breaking her sweet, innocent catholic roots. Not saying that I’m not religious, I mean we attend the same church but I am far from innocent.

"What are you staring at Felicity?" I asked as I dug out my uncompleted homework. She shook her head and cleared her throat as Kaleb passed to talk to the teacher. I leaned in so we could talk "privately"

"He is so hot!" she whispered loudly. I smiled and nodded in agreement. It kind of bugged me that Felicity was into this guy because, I was into him also. I knew I had to beat her to the punch.

Oh my god! What am I thinking? This is my best friend, I shouldn’t be thinking this way

"Felicity I want to date him." I said bluntly. She looked taken aback by my comment. I looked forward again feeling like complete dog shit for saying that to her. She fidgeted around in her seat before tapping on my desk gaining my attention. I turned towards her avoiding her gaze.

"What if I want to date him too Keegan?" she questioned. I gulped and met her gaze finally.

"Fi Fi, we barely know this guy. Let's just wait it out, get to know him and then we'll see who he wants to date." I compromised. She seemed to be pleased by this because she nodded quickly and smiled at me once again finalizing our agreement. I turned to the board and began taking notes on the importance of pi.

I have to win Kaleb's heart, no matter what. Best friend or not. I must win.