Status: Active

Life Cycles

Her Story

Carmen, Tye, and I had arrived to the park and Tye ran off to the playground while Carmen and I sat on the bench. I draped my arm on her shoulders and smiled at her. Carmen looked back at me, giving me a small smile. Tye called our names telling us to watch him go down the slide. We watched him go down the tallest slide in the park and Carmen cheered him on like any good mother would. I smiled and cheered with her which made her smile. Tye made it to the ground safely and ran off with a friend.

I chuckled to myself, remembering when I was his age. “He’s really a cute kid, Carmen,” I said and brought her close enough that she was cuddling with me. She blushed and mumbled a thank you. “I can’t believe that the father bailed out on you two,” I said and gently played with the strands of her hair. She sighed and bit her bottom lip as she moved closer to me.

“Blaine, Tye’s father, was my boyfriend at one point, during high school, but we’ve been friends for a few years before we started dating. However, after a year of dating, he wanted to have sex with me, but I wasn’t ready and kept ignoring his advances. Then one night, he forced himself on me, taking my virginity from me…” She said breathed in heavily and then exhaled slowly, “A month and a half went by and I had found out that I was pregnant with Tye. Blaine broke up with me, telling me that if I had agreed to have sex with him when he asked the first time, I wouldn’t be in the situation I was in.” She sighed, sitting up in Indian style on the bench, “Once he broke up with me, I knew that he didn’t want anything to do with me or Tye. But of course you can see that I went through with the pregnancy with the help from my family. I stayed in school, although the whole student body kept calling slut, whore, and other rude names.”

I couldn’t believe what she just told me. If I knew Blaine, he wouldn’t be standing right now. No girl deserves, especially Carmen, to be in a situation like she is in. She sighed, “I have sacrificed everything, even my full ride to UCLA, but if I didn’t, I wouldn’t have the sweetest and cutest little boy ever,” she smiled at the end and hugged her knees. After all that she has been through, she’s still positive. I definitely give her props for that.

“Well I can say that you are doing a great job as a single mother,” I complimented, still playing with her soft, beautiful hair. She blushed but smiled. Man she’s so cute and she doesn’t even realize it.

“Thanks, Telle. You’re so nice. I’m surprised you don’t have a girlfriend, especially since you’re a great guy.” She said I looked away this time, my cheeks turning red as well. She giggled softly and grabbed my large hands, holding them in her smaller ones. I faced her and smiled. “Thanks Carmen. If only girls did like me for that reason, but unfortunately it doesn’t go that way for me since I’m a ‘rockstar’ and what not,” I explained as I laced our fingers together, hoping that she was okay with this. She didn’t pull her hand away so I knew it was okay. I smiled and sighed contently. I know this will sound cliché, but her hands fit in mine perfectly, that I didn’t want to ever let go.

“I’m really glad we’ve became friends the day we met, Telle. It’s really nice having a friend again,” she said looking down but our fingers were still laced together.

“I’m glad too. And now that I know that we live close to each other, we’ll definitely have to hang out more.” She smiled and nodded.

Tye had walked over to us, rubbing his eye as if he was tired. I took out my phone to check the time and it read ‘4:35 PM’…Wow time went by quickly. I looked back over to see that Carmen was holding Tye, talking to him in a baby voice. I couldn’t help but chuckle softly, it was the cutest thing ever and she looked very cute doing so. She looked at me and smiled softly before biting her bottom lip again.

“Sorry for the baby talk, I’m not used to having friends sit beside me and hear me talking to Tye like that.” She said and kissed Tye’s forehead.

“It’s no problem at all, I thought it was cute,” I complimented and she blushed before nodding with a small smile.

Tye faced Carmen and yawned before telling her that he was tired and was ready for his nap. I chuckled again, Tye was a cute kid. Carmen nodded and looked at me with a small frown. I didn’t like her frowning, she’s to pretty to have a frown placed on her pretty face. “I hate to end this so soon, but I have to go home since it’s time for Tye’s nap. I’m really sorry.” She said and began to stand up.

I smiled and stood up with her, “Don’t be sorry, I definitely understand. Let me take you home,” I offered. She nodded and agreed to let me take her home.

We walked to my car and she put Tye in the back seat and buckled him up and made sure that he was safe and secure before she got in the passenger seat. I got into the driver’s side and started the car. Carmen was verbally giving me the directions to her little apartment. When we arrived, I parked the car in the parking lot and walked with her to her door. She unlocked the door to her apartment and told Tye to lay down in his bed. He nodded and faced me. He hugged my leg since and told me goodbye. He was such a good kid. “Have a great nap, kiddo. It was nice meeting you little one and I hope to see you again.” I said and he laughed, hugging me once more before he went inside to his room.

Carmen closed the door slightly before facing me. She smiled softly, “You just made his day by saying that.”

I smiled. “I’m glad. He’s a good kid and takes after his sweet mother.” I complimented, making her blush.

She smiled, “Thanks,” blushed more, looking down briefly before our eyes captured one another again. “Thank you for coming out to the park with us. It was really nice of you to hang with us…I’m sure you had better things to do than to just sit and talked with me.” She said as she fiddled her thumbs together.

I smiled wider, “It was no problem at all and I enjoyed myself really. I love talking to you and watching Tyler play on the playground. It was relaxing.” I told her with all honesty. I grabbed her hands and held them in my own.

“Thank you Telle, I really did enjoy your company. It really has been a long time since I had hung out with a friend. You’re so easy and comforting to talk to…and it was just really nice,” I smiled because I knew she meant every word.

“Good, I’m happy that you feel that way. And know this; you can always come to me to talk about anything and everything. I’ll always be there, no matter what. Scout’s honor,” I put my hand over my chest and she laughed, a cute laugh.

Tye called for Carmen from the inside. I chuckled and took this as my cue to say goodbye. “Tye is calling for me. Thanks again for today Telle, I hope to hang out again soon,” She said and I nodded.

“I understand and you’re welcome. We will hang out soon, before I have to go back to Cali to the studio,” I walked up to her and gave her a hug, which she returned. “Have a good night, sweetheart,” I said and kissed her cheek softly. She blushed but said good night in return. I smiled and turned around, heading towards to my car.

“Telle, wait” Carmen called and I stopped in my tracks and turned to face her. “Are you busy tomorrow?”

I thought about it for a minute or two, before realizing that I didn’t have any plans for the next few days. I shook my head, “Nope. I’m free all weekend. What’s up?”

“I was wondering if you would like to come over and stay for dinner tomorrow.” I smiled and was flattered that she wanted me over tomorrow.

“That sounds great, I would love to come over.” Her smiled brighten as I accepted her offer. She was happy for sure and we briefly discussed what time would be best to come over.

“Great, I’ll come over tomorrow evening,” I affirmed and she nodded.

“Perfect. See you tomorrow. Goodnight Telle, drive safely,” She waved and watched me get in my car.

“Goodnight sweetheart,” I called and got in my car. I started it and drove off in the direction to get back to my home. My smile never escaped my lips as I thought about tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh I'm sorry that it has taken me a month to get this chapter out. I just have been busy with this semester of college. I'll admit that this is the worst semester of college ever. Anywho, I hope you like this chapter but I know the next one will be way better. Leave me some feedback, I would love to hear what you guys think.