Sequel: Nightmare
Status: Hey Guys! Do take some time & read this first ever fanfic of mine! Do comment what you think! Much appreciated!

Seize the Day

The Confession.

“Hey baby, how are you doing?” Matt smiled. He hugged me close and kissed my forehead. “I miss you so much you know that, Natasha?” He kissed my lips and embraced me again. I then heard Matt talked on the phone and looked like he was in a hurry. Must be Brian. “Baby, I gotta go. Brian just called. We gotta rehearse for our new album tour. I’ll be back pronto!” he said, trying to sound optimistic. He kissed my hands and stayed in the position for a few minutes. “Oh Nat, you don’t know how much I hate leaving you.” He whispered and walked towards the door. Soph took his place and sat by me throughout the day. She was ranting and babbling about work and was talking sweetly of Brian, as if she recounted that night.

“I actually like you so much, Natasha. From the first time I set my eyes on you I knew you were different. I knew you were meant for me.” Matt continued as he squeezed my hands and I squeezed back in return. I guess that was enough assurance for now. “NATASHA CHAYANNE ADAMS! Happy Birthday! Ain’t it nice to see you!” said the ever bubbly and loud sister of mine, Natalie Chayanne Adams as she hugged me tight. “Ooh, and who do we have here?” She scanned the group and hugged Soph. I introduced the gang and she blushed. I think I saw Johnny winked at Natalie. Hmm. Natalie then ushered us in and I saw some guests crowding around Mr & Mrs Adams. I ran towards them. “Mum, I missed you so much!” I said while I hugged Mrs MaryAnne Adams. “Congratulations on your anniversary, Sir!” I said teasingly and extended my hand to Mr Leonidas Adams. He laughed and pulled me in for a hug. “Happy Birthday, Natasha! How is daddy’s little girl?” he asked and we had a catch-up session. Mum was glad to see Soph as well and they wished her the best in her endeavors. “Now Natasha, aren’t you going to introduce him to us?” Mum said as she motioned her head towards Matt. “Oh, right! Mum, dad, this is Matt. Matt, this is Mrs MaryAnne Adams, my lovely mummy and that would be Mr Leonidas Adams, my dearest daddy.” They shook hands and my mum pulled him in for a hug. “What a handsome boyfriend you brought back Natasha! Sending you off to live with Soph was definitely a good idea!” Mum joked as she beamed with pride. Matt and I looked at each other and I gave him an apologetic smile. Mum and dad later excused themselves from us and joined the other guests. “Phew,” I sighed. Matt looked at me lovingly and joked that he loved being called Nat’s boyfriend. I knuckled him jokingly and he pulled me close and started to kiss me passionately. I was overwhelmed by his sudden brazenness but I kissed him back, fully aware that I wanted this, too. The sudden commotion in the vast living room disrupted our moment and we looked towards the direction the crowd was looking at. Somebody was about to make a toast and it was Brian! “Hi everyone! Mr and Mrs Adams have been very very nice to give me an opportunity to make a precious announcement.” Everyone looked at each other questioningly, not knowing what Brian was trying to say. He ignored our faces and continued. “But first, I would like to wish my tough girl over there a Happy Happy Birthday!” he said while motioned his glass towards me. The guests cheered and applauded. I smiled and did a little Miss Universe wave. “Moving on, I met a special woman one fateful day. It was not really glamorous since I was covered in blood. Well, not really “covered” but you know.” He said while motioning his fingers to imitate the quotation marks. The crowd laughed. “She nursed my wounds, not knowing that she nursed my broken heart, too. I know I should go for her and not just leave her after that day. May I call upon the ever so lovely Miss Sophia Lauren Brooks to join me in this toast?” Oh dear, is he going to do what I think he is going to? I gasp. Sophia walked towards him and he went on his knees. “Marry me will you Soph?” He dropped the bomb. Tears were evident in Sophia’s eyes and she nodded rather confusingly. “Yes I will Brian. Yes, I will,” she finally spoke up and Brian slipped a finely cut diamond ring on her ring finger which fitted perfectly. They kissed and the whole atmosphere lit up and the guests were cheering on. Mum and dad hugged them and gave Soph their blessings. I ran towards her and gave her a congratulatory hug. “OMG Soph! I couldn’t believe it! Congratulations babe! I’m so happy for you! Very happy for you!” My hug tightened. I shook Brian’s hands and pulled him in for a hug. “Take care of Soph alright? I always knew you two were meant for each other!” I said. “Thanks Nat! I will!” he replied. The rest of the band went up to them and congratulated them. Even Natalie and the rest of the guests gathered around to offer their well wishes. I smiled widely as I walked towards the garden. I could use some air right now.

“Natasha, how are you my darling princess?” Mum’s voice echoed in the room. Princess? Seriously? Dad squeezed my hands and they sat by me. They were discussing about Natalie’s engagement to Johnny and asked my opinion on the location. “Since you’ve been travelling for quite some time, dad and I wanted your opinion! Where should we hold the engagement party dear?” Mum asked. On our yacht of course! Natalie has always dreamed of being engaged on a boat at the Monterey Bay Area. I heard mum sniffed into her handkerchief and dad assuring her that everything will be alright. They left after an hour and Soph took their place. She was talking about her marriage. She seemed happy and I was genuinely glad. She asked for my opinion on the theme of the marriage ceremony and asked if it was okay for me to be her bridesmaid. Silly Soph, of course I’ll be her bridesmaid!

“Hey girlfriend, whatever you’re thinking of right now?” Matt’s voice broke the tranquility. I chuckled. “Not much. I’m just so happy for mum, dad, Soph & Brian!” I said. “Me, too. It’s kind of cold outside, you wanna come in?” he said. I arched my eyebrows and looked at him. “Okay, failed attempt then!” he laughed and gave me a well-deserving hug. “I like you, too, Matt. Trust me, I do.” I uttered under my breath and I felt his hug tightened. We sat like that for quite some time and parted only when Soph & Brian came to fetch us in. We spent the night at the Adams’ and I was rudely awakened the next morning.