His Secretary

Chapter 1 - The Interview And The Parking Space.

Chapter 1 - The Interview And The Parking Space

Cyndi POV

*beep* *beep*

THUMP

My ass hits the floor. A groan escapes my lips. No, not the morning. I hate the mornings. I glance at the alarm clock, its only 9:23- Nine fucking twenty-three! I try to get up as fast as I can but I fail as I slip on my sock, damn the slippery hardwood.

This is bad, I have to hurry. I get up again and run to my closet. What to wear, what to wear? Just as I am about to open the closet door, my cell phone starts to ring.

My head snaps from left to right, trying to search for the phone. My room looks like more of a teenage boy than a twenty-three year old woman. There are clothes scattered everywhere along with dozens of cans of beer. The point: my life is a mess. The phone ringing breaks me out of my thoughts. Shit!

To the right, I run across the room to the dresser and throw the clothes off it in order to find my phone. No such luck, my neck snaps to the corner on my let, there! I groan, another pile of clothes. I really need to clean up. Throwing clothes onto my left and right, I find my phone at the bottom, quickly flipping the phone open; I hit the 'accept call' button.

"Hello?"

"Is this Miss. McCain?" asked an annoyed voice over the phone.

"Yes, that's me."

"I am calling from the Traton Enterprise." The interview! That I'm already running late for. "I'm just calling to confirm if you're coming today."

"Yes, of course I'm coming." I say really fast. I'd be an idiot to miss out an interview from one of the biggest and richest companies out there.

"Alright Miss. McCain, I'll see you there."

"Sure. Bye."

I let out a sigh of relief. I thought she was calling to let me know that there's no need to come anymore. I look at the clock again, 9:42. Double shit!

I run down the stair, almost running into the dining table, taking a left and a right to the laundry room. Opening the door to the room, I look for the laundry basket. It's empty, what the? Rummaging through the washing machine, I look for my towel. I take it out, to find it wet.

"For the love of god, you've got to be kidding me!" I don't have time for all this, I'm already running late. Oh who gives a fuck, ill just use the damn wet towel. Deciding this, I run back up the stairs. Dodging the dining table and the fridge, jumping over the shoes and the clothes, I finally make it to the bathroom.

I quickly strip out of my clothes and throw them onto a side and jump into the tub. I turn on the hot water and moan as it hits my body. Damn that feels almost as good as sex; obviously I wouldn't know that because I'm a virgin. And I'm damn proud of it too. I pick up the bottle of shampoo from the rack on the wall. It weighs close to nothing because there's barely any shampoo in it. Key word: barely, which mean there still is shampoo in it. Opening the lid of the bottle, I try to squeeze the shampoo out. Not enough, I squeeze the bottle harder, it makes a funny noise and I chuckle to it.

I rub my hands, spreading the shampoo fully onto my hands and rub it onto my scalp. Fast, fast, fast. Hurry Cyndi, hurry. I scream and my back hits the tub as I slip on the shampoo. The hot water is done, damn it! I hate cold water. I quickly rinse my hair and turn off the water. Goosebumps cover my entire body, I really hate cold water. You just hate me, right fate?

No time for complaining, I have an important interview to get to. I drag my trembling body out of the bathroom to the closet once again. I go through the closet, trying to look for my best clothes. Life isn't easy when you're poor. I was born an orphan, my father had died in a car accident before I was born and my mother died giving birth to me. But I don't feel sad because I don't know what it feels like to have a family therefore there is no use in crying over something that I know I'll never have.

I just quit my last job; I worked at an adult sex toy store. I know, disgusting, but hey, you have to make money somehow. My boyfriend had dumped me when he found out about my job, not that I blamed him. He called me a slut and a whore, but that did anger me, he has no right to judge me like that. Yes I worked at an adult store, but that doesn't mean I had sex with every customer. Besides, like I said before, I'm a virgin. That is when I decided to quit my job and try to look for a respectable one, and what can be more respectable than working at the Traton Enterprise? Nothing, that's what.

I quickly put on a pink blouse with a tight black skirt; it looks business casual, that's all I need. I grab my resume folder and make my way downstairs and grab an apple from the fridge on the way. Don't forget the house keys, I remind myself. Picking up the keys from the counter, I make my way out the door and turn around to lock it.

Standing on the porch, I take a deep breath in and out. You can do this Cyndi. Pulling out the car keys from my purse, I unlock the car and insert the keys to turn the car on. The car makes a funny noise that I really don't like. I try again; the car makes the same noise again. When I get this job, the first thing I'm going to do is move out this cheap apartment and buy a new car.

I bang my head against the steering wheel, "lord, please get me this job!"

Steven POV

*beep* beep*

I open my eyes to the 8 o'clock alarm blaring; I sit up and hit the 'snooze' button. I take off my silk robe and get out of my round bed. The curtains open and the lights turn on as I clap my hands twice. I have to be at the office by 10 o'clock.

For those of you don't know me, my name is Steven Traton. I'm the owner/CEO of the famous Traton Enterprise, the largest construction company in Canada. The company was originally started by my father, but was bankrupt when my father passed away. I worked my ass off to get the company back on its feet and at its best. Graduating university at the age of 20 isn't easy and doesn't happen very often, but I did it and I'm damn proud of it too. Some may call me cocky or arrogant but I call it self-confidence.

After taking a quick shower, I stand in front of my closet door.

"Black." I say to the speaker beside the closet door.

The door opens and all the black clothing comes to the front while the others go to the back. Raking my eyes over the suits, I pick out a black Armani. Satisfied with my choice, I put on the suit and button the cuffs on my wrists. I leave my hair naturally curly, no need to comb them. Walking to the dresser, I look at myself in the mirror; ladies say I'm good looking and it is also what I believe. You can call me cocky, I really don't care.

Opening the top drawer on the right, I rake my eyes over the collection of watches that I own, at least over 50. I pick out a black Rolex watch open the drawer filled with ties. Putting on a black tie, I walk down the stairs into the kitchen.

Angie smiles at me when I look at her, I smile back but my smile drops as I realize that I'm supposed to be mad at her. She realizes it too. Angie is my little sister, but not by blood. Her parents passed away last spring and my mom decided to adopt her as soon as she found out, putting aside the blood relations, Angie is no less than a blood sister.

"Steven." Angie's soft whine breaks me out of my thoughts. I pretend as if I hadn't heard her.

"Steven." She tries again. Did I mention that I'm really good at ignoring people?

Angie turns me around, puts her hands on my shoulder and shakes me wildly.

"Steven! I'm sorry, please don't be mad at me, please talk to me." she cries, fake tears cloud her eyes. How do I know her tears are fake? Because my little sister is a demon.

I quickly get up and lock her in a headlock and rough up her hair with one hand, "you little demon you spend $10,000 and then you ask me to forgive you?" ten fucking thousand dollars.

"I said I'm sorry! I already feel bad, don't make me feel worse. Your the one that said 'go 'crazy'" she says in a man voice.

"You bitch, I said 'go crazy' not 'go ape'" I rub her hair harder and she screams.

I let her go and she falls the ground with a loud 'thump'. I snort, serves her right. No more time for fooling around, I have to get to work. I press the 'down' button on the elevator and the door opens with a 'ding'. Entering the elevator, I reach the first basement, this basement is the garage.

I have a large collection of cars, I love cars. Taking the keys to the Lamborghini, I walk to it and open the door to take a seat. The door automatically opens as the car reaches the exit and I'm off to work.

It's a 15 minutes drive to work, it doesn't take that long, and having a fast car really gives you the advantage. People stare at my car as it stops at the red lights; this only makes me smile wider. Yes I'm pretty damn proud of what I have and what I do. Why shouldn't I be? I worked hard to get where I am today.

I enter the company's parking lot and look for my usual parking. The parking are not labeled, it's a part of the company's equality rule. You can park where ever you want. But I have my spot, I don't demand the spot, the employees just leave it empty for me.

I slow down as I reach my parking space, turning the steering wheel to turn the car, when I'm rudely cut off by someone else.

"What the fuck! I was going to park there!" I was turning in, when this person stole my parking.

'you snooze, you lose." A girl gets out of the beat up century-year old beat-up car. She's not bad looking, pretty face, blonde hair, nice body. But bitch stole my parking spot. I stare at her as she takes her leave; I notice that she's holding a folder in her hand. I smirk wide, she's in for a surprise.

Cyndi POV

I hurry to the entrance of the building, I'm just on time. I walk to the front reception. A middle aged woman looks up and smiles when she sees me.

"Hi, I'm here for the interview." I say to her nervously.

"Of course dear, walk right from here and the first hallway to your left." She says pointing towards the right. I smile thankfully at her and walk towards the right.

When I enter the hallway, I find men and women sitting on chairs. I gulp and walk to a lady with a tag that read 'supervisor'.

"Resume." I hand her my resume and she motions me to take a seat. I look around for an empty seat and sit at the closest one. Time went by. I watched men and women enter and exit the door. They looked hopeful as they went in but disappointed on their way out. This scared me as to what is waiting inside the doors. I glance at my watch, 12:56pm. It's been almost three hours.

"Cyndi McCain" my head snaps up to my name.

A man has the door open and is looking around the room. I stand up and walk over to him, my eyes raking the floor nervously. This is my first interview at a big company, so the chances of me getting the job aren't that big but that doesn't stop me from trying.

"Cyndi McCain" he asks me. I can only nod.

He motions for me to follow him. We enter a well furnished room. The room and really big and has beautiful furniture.

"I've been waiting to see you." says a familiar voice. I eyes meet a familiar face.

I gasp out loud. "You!" I point at the man. He's the one from this morning, is he following me? But wait what is he doing here? Is he here for an interview?

"What are you doing here?!" I ask him, bewildered.

He only smirks. The man who escorted me inside gives me a harsh look, "what do you mean 'what he's doing here' he's the CEO and owner of this company. Steven Traton." He says

Oh My God.

_______________________________________________________________________________