Status: On going :D

Lock Down

Chapter 1

I laid there on the bottom bunk in my cell; apparently we were getting a new inmate today? I had no idea right now since I couldn't be bothered leaving my cell to go talk to some of the inmates I considered friends. Give it half an hour and it would be lunch I guess I could find out then, that is if I get up and go to lunch.

Lately I'd been skipping meals and staying in my cell, it’s not like I'm scared of getting my ass kick because I'm not. No one comes near me. Except for a couple of guys I call friends. All the inmates know of me for my crime, apparently killing someone makes you a threat.

Although to look at me you wouldn't think to look at me that I could much damage. I was about six feet tall and very thin like skin and bone thin. I had black hair that reached my shoulders at the back and had razor cut on the right side where my fringe swept across my face covering my left eye. I had pale blue eyes that used to be rimmed in black liner before I got put in here.

It’s really not like that. I never killed anyone even the police confirmed that but I got sent down for murder anyway.

I snapped my eyes open when I heard someone walk into my cell. He was shorter than me by the looks of it; he looked to be skin and bone like myself. He had slightly tanned skin with gorgeous brown eyes that I could stare at all day. His light auburn hair was shorter than mine but reached his ears. His fringe swept across his face covering his right eye, leaving his left one to be seen. He was dressed in the typical prison inmate uniform that we all had the unfortunate pleasure of wearing.

I sat up and stared at the guard for a moment. "This is your new cell mate Chance. If I find out you've laid a finger on him we'll move him from this cell leaving you alone again." He said with a laugh.

"Yeah yeah whatever" He left leaving me alone with my new cell mate. "Names Chance"

"Stephen" I nodded as I watched him look around almost scared to do anything.

"Top bunks yours unless you want to swap and don't hesitate just make yourself at home I don't bite." He smiled before placing his box of stuff on the top bunk and leaning against the wall.

"Top is fine, what did the guard mean when he said about laying a finger on me?" I looked up at him seeing him looking at the wall behind me.

"It’s just a personal joke between us since I'm gay. But don't worry I won't touch you." He nodded actually looking at me this time. "If you stick with me no one will touch you."

"How is that?" He asked.

"Majority of the inmates are scared of me." I replied gaining an unsure look from him.

"Why?"

"Because what I did to get in here." He looked like he wanted to know but was scared to ask. “Don’t
worry I’m not going to touch you. You can sit down if you like, I promise I won’t bite.”

He shrugged before taking a seat beside me but not too close.

“How long have you been in here?” I glanced to him while trying to figure out how long exactly I’d been in here.

“A few months or something I’m not too sure.” He nodded.
“How long did you get?”

“15 years min but hopefully I get out in half the time.” I replied before looking away from him.

“Bloody hell what did you do?” He asked, I looked to him seeing he was looking at me.

“You want to know?” I asked, I couldn’t help the smile not many people asked me that. Only Stuart and Jack knew what I’d done.

“I do actually.” I nodded.

“Murder, that’s why I’m in here.” His eyes widened as he stared at me I guess shocked. “I didn’t really kill him before you even ask if I did.”

“I didn’t think you did. Just looking at you, you don’t look like the type.” I shook my head a smile on my face.

“No I don’t have it in me.” I chuckled to myself as I shifted on the edge of the bed so I was facing him.

“So what happened?” He asked.

“I was out with my friend Dakota when her ex boyfriend pulled out a gun on her for splitting up with him. I attempted to get the gun off him but the idiot pulled the trigger as I was about to break his wrist. The police even confirmed my story but I still got sent down.”

“That’s shit man.” I half shrugged.

“Yeah well, still murder. Why are you in here?” I asked him rather curious now that I’d told him my story.

"Murder" I nodded while still watching him as he looked down.

"Did you kill them?" I asked I wasn't sure if he did he seemed rather insecure about the subject.

"No" He looked right at me when he said that.

"What happened?" I asked being a little to careless when a tear fell tracing its path down his cheek.

"My friend committed suicide, I found him and they locked me up thinking I killed him." He looked away again avoiding eye contact once again.

"I'm sorry if it makes you feel any better I believe you didn't do it." He looked to me and smiled softly.

"Thanks" I nodded and smiled back at him.

"Don't let anyone in here see you crying, makes you an easy target." He nodded again wiping his eyes.

"Lunch time, line it up." One of the guards shouted, our cells being opened by one of the switches.

"Come on, let’s get something to eat." I said pulling Stephen up by his but not too rough to hurt him. He smiled and followed me out of our cell. He stayed close to me all the way to the cafeteria; he even sat with me at my table with Jack and Stuart.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys liked this, it's my first try at a story like this. Thanks for reading ^^