Status: Completed 7/5/2014

Left on the Sidelines

I Can Feel Your Tonight, It's Killing Me

-Ryan-

When I got up the next morning, I drove to Nash's apartment and walked in. "Get dressed, we're going to the studio," I said as I opened the door. He stared at me for a few seconds before saying, "Why?"

I walked into his bedroom and found some clothes for him before going back out to where he was. "Just trust me," I replied, throwing the clothes at him.

About 10 minutes later, after picking up Jamie and Ian, we arrived at the studio. "Seriously, man. What are we doing here?" Nash asked as we walked inside. "We are here to help you get over Danielle," Ian answered. He groaned, "I don't want to get over her." "Okay, maybe not get over her, but we're gonna give you two a little push," Jamie said.

"Hey, guys," we heard when we walked into one of the recording booths. "Hey, Demi," I smiled, hugging her. "You're going to help give us a push with Demi Lovato?" Nash asked confused. "Yes," Ian exclaimed. "How?" Nash said loudly, "I mean, no offense, Demi, but how?" "We're going to write a song," Demi grinned.

Nash was still confused, so I helped clarify, "Basically, you're going to write the male part, we're going to tell Demi about Danielle's all-over-the-place feelings for you and she's going to write the female part, then we're going to put it together, and you and Demi are going to sing it at our show tonight." He looked at me, still confused, but more shocked now, "We're going to write a whole song in less than 12 hours?" I gave him a look and he sighed, "Alright, whatever."

-Danielle-

"Shopping, shopping, shopping," Katia repeated over and over, bouncing in her seat in the car. "I will turn this car around if you don't calm the heck down, missy," Jenna yelled jokingly. Katia stuck out her bottom lip, then looked at me. I threw my hands into the air, "I'm not in this! I'd like to stay on Jenna's good side." "You know it," Jenna laughed, pulling into the mall's parking lot.

"Basically, everything in this store is ridiculously cute, not to mention affordable," Katia told me as we walked into Forever 21 after insisting we go in when I mentioned I'd never been to one before. "I know that, I've just never actually been to one in person," I laughed. "What do you mean?" Jenna asked. "I've looked at their website, but we don't have Forever 21 where I lived in Indiana," I shrugged. "You deprived child," Katia gasped, "Here! Let me guide you through the store." "Kat, we do, believe it or not, have a Rue 21, which I know is basically the same thing," I smiled, "The only difference so far is that Forever 21 is way bigger." "Which means more cute things," Katia exclaimed. "Okay, lovelies. Let's just get shopping before Katia hurts herself," Jenna giggled.

When we got to the venue a couple hours later, Jamie and Ryan were the first ones to find us. "Oh, hey, guys! Come with me," Jamie said as he grabbed mine and Katia's hands and Ryan grabbed Jenna's and they pulled us quickly toward backstage. "Slow down! Where are we going?" I asked.

They didn't answer, but when we fully got backstage, Ryan yelled, "Surprise!" Katia, Jenna, and I all screamed before we just stared in shock.

"She's..." I tried to finish my sentence, but it just wasn't working. "Demi Lovato," Jamie smiled. Katia nodded quickly, "Yeah, but...what..." "How.... Why are you here?" Jenna asked her, much more calm than Katia and I were, though she was still shocked. "I was in the neighborhood and the band wanted me to do a special appearance, so here I am," Demi smiled. "I love you," I randomly said, still in shock. "We love you," Katia corrected. "Whatever."

The guys went on stage and Katia, Jenna, and I talked to Demi - after we had calmed down, of course - until it was time for her appearance.

"So, for this last song, we'd like to do something different. Nash and a very special person wrote this earlier today and if it's okay with you guys, they'd like to sing it for you," we heard Ryan say and the crowd scream. Ryan then smiled, "Please help me welcome Miss Demi Lovato!" "Well, that's my cue," Demi laughed over the screams.

As Demi, Katia, and Jenna walked over to the side of the stage, I called after them, "I think I'm just gonna stay here." Katia turned around and came back to me, pulling me up, "Nope, you're coming, too!"

I groaned and listened as Nash talked to the crowd, "So, as RK said, Demi and I wrote this song earlier today, but what he didn't tell you was why. You see, there's this girl I really like-" he looked over at me and I looked at him in shock, "-and, well, if you just pay attention to my lyrics, you'll understand what I'm trying to say, and Demi's lyrics are what I know this girl is feeling."

He looked back toward the crowd and started the song.

See, I can't wake up.
I'm living a nightmare that keeps playing over again.
Locked in a room so hung up on you
And you're cool with just being friends.

Left on the sidelines, stuck at a red light.
Waiting for my time and I can't see:

Why don't you love me? Touch me.
Tell me I'm your everything,
The air you're breathing.
Why don't you love me, baby?
Open up your heart tonight
Cause I could be all that you need.
Oh, why don't you love me?
Why don't you love me?

He looked at me as Demi started singing:

See, I'm just too scared to tell you the truth
Cause my heartache can't take anymore.
Broken and bruised, longing for you
And I don't know what I'm waiting for.

Left on the sidelines, stuck at a red light.
Waiting for my time, so just tell me:

Why don't you love me? Touch me.
Tell me I'm your everything,
The air you're breathing.
Why don't you love me, baby?
Open up your heart tonight
Cause I could be all that you need.
Oh.

Nash looked at me again:

Why don't you give me a reason?
Please tell me the truth.
You know that I'll keep believing
Till I'm with you.

Why don't you love me? Kiss me.
I can feel your heart tonight, it's killing me.

So, why don't you love me? Touch me.
Tell me I'm your everything,
The air you're breathing.
Why don't you love me, baby?
Open up your heart tonight
Cause I could be all that you need.
Oh, why don't you love me?
Why don't you love me?

Oh, why don't you love me?
Why don't you love me?
Why don't you love me?

The instruments slowly faded out as I walked away from the side of the stage, still in shock. I heard Nash say, "Thank you guys for coming out!" and the crowd scream.

The next thing I knew, someone grabbed my arm and spun me around.

"You wrote a song and sang it in front of all those people and just expected me to be okay with it?" I yelled when I saw Nash standing in front of me.

I knew everyone was staring at us now, but at that point, I was so mad, I didn't even care.

"Yeah, kind of," he yelled back, "I put everything I have into that song!" "That's not the point, Nash! The point is you can't just write a song and expect me to come running into your arms, begging you to date me!" "And why not? I like you, Danielle - I might even love you - and I know you like me, too! Why can't you just admit it to yourself?" "You don't know me, Nash! I may not look like it, but I'm a lot smarter than all those other girls you hooked up with and all the girls you will hook up with. I'm not just going to willingly become another stupid notch on your fucking bedpost."

Everyone was still staring at us and I could tell they were wondering whether they should intervene or not, but obviously just deciding to let us yell at each other.

"Seems to me like you're a bit jealous," Nash said loudly, but smirked at the same time. "And what if I am?" I shouted. "Why would you be jealous, huh? You don't like me!" "Fine! I like you, damn it! I really, really like you! Are you happy now?" "Then will you be my girlfriend?" he yelled. "Yes, I will," I yelled back.

I didn't have time to think before Nash grabbed my face and smashed his lips against mine.

He pulled away about 30 seconds later and I took a moment to catch my breath, finally noticing everyone backstage was clapping and cheering. Katia and Jenna gave me the 'I told you so' look before Nash retook my face in his hands, resting his forehead against mine.

"Please...please don't make me regret this, Nash," I said quietly, feeling a tear fall down my cheek. "I won't let you, Danielle. I promise," he whispered, wiping the tear away and leaning in, kissing me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: "Why Don't You Love Me" by Hot Chelle Rae ft. Demi Lovato

I'm posting this because I'm happy my baby made it through battle rounds on The Voice. ^-^

Outfits:
Danielle: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=60484499
Katia: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=60484606
Jenna: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=60484770