Status: Completed 7/5/2014

Left on the Sidelines

I Could Be Your Perfect Disaster

-Ryan-

"I'm not playing around, Danielle," I said in a rush, "Are you sure this looks okay?" Danielle just laughed hysterically, falling back on my bed. "Danielle!" "I'm sorry, I'm sorry," she said, wiping her eyes and taking a deep breath, "You look fine." "Are you sure?" I asked, looking at myself in my mirror.

"Ryan," she got up and put her hands on my shoulders, looking at me in the mirror, "Jenna likes you. She will not pay the slightest bit of attention to what you are wearing." "How do you know?" "Jesus, what is with you guys and thinking girls don't like you? Look at you! You sing in a band, you can play guitar, your hair looks better than most people's ever do half the time for crying out loud! You are ALL she talks about when Katia's not going on and on about Jamie," she said loudly, "You have absolutely nothing to worry about. Just be yourself."

"Thank you, Danielle," I said, hugging her tightly. She started pushing me out the door, "You're welcome. Now, get moving. You don't want to be late." "But I need my-" "Phone? Got you covered," she said, handing my phone to me. "What about the-" "Flowers? Got those, too," she handed the flowers to me. "You're a life saver," I said as we walked out the front door. "I know," she smiled, "Now, do I need to give you the same speech I gave Jamie?" "What speech would that be?" I asked nervously. "The 'you hurt her, you die' one." "No, I think we're good." "Good, because I really don't want to have to kill you before you become ridiculously famous," she said when we reached my car. I stared at her for a couple seconds before saying, "Right.. Well, I'll be back later." "Have fun, don't do anything illegal, and don't kiss her," Danielle said, starting to walk back toward the house. "Why am I not allowed to kiss her?" I called after her. "Always leave them wanting more, Ryan," she called back, walking into the house and closing the door behind her. I shrugged and started my car, heading off to go pick up my date.

I finally reached the address Jenna gave me and went up to the front door, unbelievably nervous as I held the flowers behind my back. I heard a woman's voice yell, "Jenna!" and then the door opened.

"Hi! You must be Ryan. I'm Jackie, Jenna's grandmother," she said. "Hi," I said nervously. "No need for nerves, she's been talking about this all day," Jackie smiled, "But I didn't tell you that." "Tell me what?" I smiled. "I like you, kid," she laughed, "Jenna! Hurry up or I'll bring out the baby pictures!"

Jenna came running down the steps and stopped when she hit the bottom, "Don't even think about it." "Got you down here, didn't it?" Jackie smiled, "Have fun, kids." "I'll have her back by 9, Mrs. Cetkovski," I smiled back. "Please, dear, call me Jackie. You can keep her until 10 if you want. As long as she's not here bugging me, it's fine." "Love you, too, Grandma," Jenna rolled her eyes, stepping off of her porch. "Have a nice evening," I said to Jackie before she closed the door, chuckling and following Jenna.

I rushed over to the passenger side door and opened it for her. "Oh! I believe these are for you," I grinned, handing her the flowers. She gasped lightly, "They're beautiful! Thank you." "Beautiful flowers for a beautiful girl," I smiled at her, causing her to blush.

I closed her door and sprinted back to my own side of the car. I climbed in the drivers seat and pulled out onto the road.

"Where are we going?" Jenna asked. "Well, I was thinking dinner, then a walk through the park," I answered. "Sounds wonderful," she smiled.

After dinner, I drove to the park and we walked around for a bit before laying on top of a random picnic table. "So, why are you in Nashville?" I asked. "Hopefully to make something of myself in music," she replied. "How? Singing, teaching, drumming?" "Singing. And songwriting, of course," she smiled. "Oh, really?" I smirked. "Don't get too cocky," she giggled, "It's only partly because of you." "That's still something," I grinned. Jenna rolled her eyes, but smiled, and I continued, "Alright. What about music makes you want to be a singer?" "Honestly, the way singers can write what they can't necessarily say directly to whatever person the song was written for or about fascinates me. Like, how one song can just be performed and you can feel the emotion and work they put into that song, especially live," she answered, looking up at the stars and leaving me speechless.

"I don't think I've ever met anyone who feels the same way about music as I do," I said when I finally found the words. "Maybe you just weren't looking hard enough," she smiled at me. "Well, not looking hard enough led me to you, so I'm perfectly okay with it," I smiled back, making her blush again.

"You're cute when you blush," I whispered. She bit her lip and smiled. I started to move my face closer to hers, but then remembered Danielle's advice. I quickly sat up, "Well, I should be getting you home." I held out my arm to her and I could sworn she looked sad for a moment, but the look was immediately replaced with a smile, taking my hand in her own. We walked back to my car and I opened her door for her, closed it, then made my way back to the drivers seat.

I drove her home and walked her to her front door. "I had a great time tonight, Ryan," Jenna grinned, holding her flowers tightly in her hand. "So did I, Jenna. We'll be doing this again sometime, right?" "That depends, are you asking me out for a second date?" "I'm trying to," I smiled shyly. "I'll have to think about it," she said. I nodded and she smirked, whispering in my ear, "I would love to go out with you again, Ryan."

I grinned widely, leaning in, but kissing her cheek. "I'll call you tomorrow," I said quietly. "Okay," she smiled lightly, then walked into her house, closing the door behind her.

I walked back to my car, getting in and sitting for a moment before driving back home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: "Ever After" by Marianas Trench

Outfit:
Jenna: http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=60453086