Status: Completed 7/5/2014

Left on the Sidelines

The City Comes Alive When We're Together

-Danielle-

"So, what's the plan for today?" I asked as Adrienne, Anna, and I were unpacking my things in the guest bedroom. "I've got basketball practice and the boys have plans with the rest of their band, but I'm sure they wouldn't mind you tagging along," Anna replied.

Before I could say anything, Jamie walked in, "Hey, Mom. Ryan and I are heading off to meet with the guys. Danielle, would you want to come with us?" I turned to face him and shrugged, "Sure, but only because I'm your favorite cousin." "Mom," he groaned. "What? You two were inseparable and you know it," Adrienne laughed, "Have fun and don't get Danielle in too much trouble on her first night here!" "Are you sure you don't mind me leaving, Aunt Adrienne? I can help finish unpacking if you need me to," I said. "It's alright, dear. We're almost done anyway. Make sure you keep those boys in line," she smiled. "Yes, ma'am," I smiled and walked out with Jamie.

"Your band, are you any good?" I asked as we got into Ryan's car. "I guess so," Ryan shrugged, backing out of the driveway. "We just haven't made it big yet," Jamie added. "What are the other guys in your band like?" I asked. "Do you always ask so many questions?" Ryan chuckled, making a right. "Only when I move to a city with people I haven't seen in over 10 years," I replied. "You've lived here before, you were just too young to really remember anything," Ryan said, sticking his tongue out at me in the rearview mirror. I rolled my eyes and Jamie shook his head, snickering, "They're both pretty laid back. Ian, our bass player, is a huge fan of motorcycles and photography." "Photography, huh? Sounds like my kinda guy," I laughed. Jamie chuckled and continued, "And our guitar player, Nash.... How would you describe Nash?" he asked Ryan. "Nash is Nash," Ryan answered. "That's a really in-depth description," I said sarcastically.

Ryan pulled into a parking lot and I looked around, noticing we were at an arcade. "I remember coming here all the time when we were little," I said excitedly as we got out of the car. "I remember you beating RK at every game in here, too," Jamie chuckled. "Hey, bro," Ryan said loudly, "She was only 5. I LET her win." "Yeah, I bet you did," I giggled. "Well, we've still got about 10 minutes before Ian and Nash get here, why don't we just revisit some of these games?" Ryan smirked. "Bring it on, Follese," I yelled, laughing.

About 10 minutes later, Ryan and I were battling for the winning point in air hockey when someone said, "Hey, guys." Ryan got distracted for a split second, giving me the opportunity to score the winning point.

I threw my arms up and yelled, "Yes! Victory is mine!" "No fair! Nash distracted me," Ryan yelled in shock. "12 years later and I've still got it," I did a little dance, making everyone else laugh loudly. Jamie tackled me with a hug, high-fiving me when he let go.

"So, uh, who's this?" a guy with black hair, kind of like Ryan's, asked. I jumped onto Jamie's back, "Jamiebear's favorite cousin!" "Why haven't we ever heard about your favorite cousin, Jamiebear?" a guy with short reddish-orange hair smirked. "I haven't seen her since I was 6. I didn't even recognize her when she got to our house," Jamie rolled his eyes, holding me up as he and the guys walked over to another game. "So she's the one staying with you?" the short-haired guy asked with a grin. "No, it's the other cousin I haven't seen in over 10 years," Jamie replied, rolling his eyes again. "It could be my brother," I said, finally jumping off of Jamie's back, "You never know."

"Hi," the boy with black hair said, sticking his hand out to me, "I'm Ian." I took his hand and smiled, "Danielle," then turned to the red-haired boy. "You must be Nash," I smiled at him, but he just stared at me. I leaned onto Jamie and whispered, "Is he okay?" "I told you, Nash is Nash," Ryan chuckled. Ian elbowed Nash's side and said, "Stop staring at her, Overstreet. You're freaking her out." Nash shook his head and laughed nervously, "What are you talking about? I wasn't staring at her."

"Overstreet?" I asked, slightly shocked, "Are you-" Nash cut me off, rolling his eyes, but smiling, "Yes, Chord is my brother." "How did you-" "They always ask." "Can I at least-" "Finish your sentences? No," he smiled again.

I smiled back at him and Ryan said, "Alright, you two. Stop flirting. Let's go get something to eat." I rolled my eyes, "We weren't flirting."

I jumped onto Jamie's back again, "I hope you don't mind carrying me everywhere, Jamiebear." "I've got 12 years to make up for not carrying you," he chuckled, "You might never have to walk again." "That's what I was hoping for," I giggled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: "For Baltimore" by All Time Low

Here's 3 because Katia's desperate.