Status: In Progress

The Only Hope For Me

Mikey's POV:

I had just finished washing mine and Gerard’s coffee cups when I heard a knock at the door, I put the cups in the cupboard and walked over to the front door.
I opened the door to find Frank standing there with two bags which I assumed were for the weekend does he really need that much..? I looked at my watch, 8:45 "You're early"
"Yeah, I thought I'd come early and fetch my stuff"
"Okay. Come in then, there's a spare room or Gerard's room is pretty big, I don't think he'd mind you staying there?" He'd been to my house before but I don't think he knew we had a spare room, it's in the basement, Gee said he's going to move into there when he's finished school. Maybe I'll show him the room later.

Frank looked confused, I'm sure I've told him about Gee before… "Can I stay in your room..?" He looked up at me hopefully. "Sure but you'll have to sleep on the floor, is that okay?" I only had a single bed and Frank knew that, but he was scared of the dark and I don't think he wanted my brother to find out. He frowned a little but quickly hid it. He's always had a tiny crush on me and I guess he was hoping to get to sleep with me for the weekend. "Yeah, Okay. Thanks Mikes" he sounded a little bit disappointed "you can sleep with me if you get too scared, okay babe?" I called up the stairs as he walked to my room to put his bags down. "Yay! Uh... Sorry…"
"Don't worry, Frankie, I know…"
"Oh… I'm sorry…"
"Nah, it's fine, should we go now?"
"Yeah, sure. Come on" he smiled slightly.

We got into Frank’s car and started driving towards our school. I started thinking, Frank almost missed the whole school year last year, he either didn’t come in or he hid in the janitor’s closet for some lessons how did his mom allow that..?

Poor Frank got bullied for everything, he was a great person, but hardly anyone knew that, he didn’t talk to other people much but he wasn’t exactly shy. He doesn’t like people judging him, I guess..
He was short with black hair; naturally dark brown. He had piercings, one in his nose one in his lip and he always wore two black stretchers, one in each ear. His nails were always painted black and he liked to wear red and black eyeliner.
“Are you going to all your lessons this year?” I asked
“We’ll see” he replied “I’ve been in half this year so far, anyway” He was right, he’d been to most of his lessons for the first half of the year “ I will not do PE though! You won’t make me Mikes…”
“I never said I was going to make you do anything, Frankie but I’ll let you know if there’s any cute guys...” I winked at the end of my sentence and he smiled, “sure, thanks.”

Frank turned his head to the left as we started to slow down. “Hey! Isn’t that Alica over there?” Frank called as we came up to some traffic lights.

I turned to my left and my eye’s locked with those of my girlfriend, Alica Simmons, I waved at her and she smiled and waved back, her straight black hair blowing slightly in the breeze. Frank looked up at me as we started driving again, “I may be gay but you two are so cute together!” he announced happily, I smiled in return.

“I really need a boyfriend, Mikey” Frank sighed as we pulled up at the school.
“Nawhh, little Fwankie ain’t been laid in a while, has he?” I smirked. He smiled slightly,
“shut up..! I’m serious, though. I need someone...”
“Don’t worry, you’re fourteen and sexy as fuck. You won’t be single long.”
“Hope so, Mikes…” He looked out of the window at the massive dull building before us after a while he seemed to have picked up the courage and sighed, “come on then.” He said slowly as he picked up his stuff. I’m glad we’re in the same classes, I can keep an eye on him, make sure he’s okay.

I glanced down at Frank’s arms; he’d been wearing long sleeve tops for a while now, there’s nothing wrong with that, but it’s like 30 degrees out, “Frank..?” my tone was a bit more serious than intended. “Yeah..?” He replied a bit worriedly “aren’t you warm wearing that..? It’s pretty hot out...”
“I’m fine, Mikes…” He said quietly. He looked down at his feet, he seemed ashamed.
“Frank, if anything is wrong you can tell me, you know that, right?” he smiled slightly but it only lasted a second or two. He looked up at me and it looked as if he was about to cry. “I know… thanks...”

As we walked into school Frank kept his head down. He walked into the toilets and I went to class. I figured he wouldn’t need me in there.