Status: In Progress

The Only Hope For Me

Gerard's POV:

Third period seemed to last forever, I guess it would if you’ve been sitting around in a closet for an hour.

The bell finally rang and I could hear everyone rushing through the halls, the Jocks were laughing, I guess they found someone to beat up again.

I waited until the halls were quiet then I thanked the janitor once again and left, I had German now but I decided to go to the library instead, I’m not in the mood to go to Germany anytime soon anyway.

As I walked past the main toilets I heard faint sobbing it must be that kid I heard earlier.. I also heard what I thought to be Mikey’s voice, “We need to talk...” What’s going on..? God, I’m such a nosy fucker.

I pushed the door open slowly and walked in without a sound, holding the door as it closed, trying to be as quiet as possible.

All the stall doors were open except the furthest one. I walked over slowly and heard Mikey’s soft comforting voice, “come on, I’m not mad at you and I don’t hate you” he whispered “please stop crying Frankie?” his voice was so gentle, as if he was talking to a confused child.

I walked up to the stall and tapped the door gently, as I knocked I suddenly realized that Frank was the kid I was talking to earlier. The poor thing has been crying for at least three hours straight. “Mikes?” I waited silently for a reply but I only heard Frank whimpering softly. “Frank? Mikey? It’s Gerard...”

The door started to open slowly, Mikey was standing there hugging a shaking Frank, he looked so scared. I looked at frank, there was blood all over his black shirt, his sleeves were rolled up, I looked at his arms; covered in cuts and bruises.

There was a blood drenched bandage on the floor and as I looked from Frank’s arms to the bandage I realized that it must’ve fallen off his right arm, seeing as it was full of fresh cuts, still bleeding. I frowned slightly; what happened to him?

“Mikes? Do you want to take him home?” I asked carefully, they couldn’t stay here someone would find out eventually. Mikey looked up at me, he’d been watching Frank as he hugged him, “Yeah, but what about Frank’s car?” I forgot Frank gave Mikey a lift, I guess I’ll have to come pick it up later, I can’t see Frank coming up for it, he looks like he’s about to faint. “I’ll come up and get it later, don’t worry.”