Perfectly Perfect Logan

Fishy Salmon

“He’s perfect…” I sighed laying on India’s bed and staring up at her bright green painted ceiling. India’s room was really quirky, beads, lace, green, purple, gold, weird statues and ornaments everywhere! It really suits her. India was basically everyone’s guru too, our infinite source of wisdom.

“Nobody’s perfect you know.” She was shuffling with her bag trying to figure out which textbook we needed.

“He is!” I exclaimed, sitting back up and staring at my reflection in the vanity mirror. “I’m not.” I stared at my face. Pulling at my dark hair. “He’s really sweet, and nice, and smart.” I reached in her bag and pulled the bright red book and swung it in front of her face.

She snatched it. “You’re crushing. Crushing real hard.” She giggled. “I never pegged you as the hopeless romantic type.” India was the shorter one in our group. At barely five foot one and chestnut brown hair, she was also the youngest. Only a year’s difference but she gets teased about it a lot. “I bet he’s crushing back.”

“He better be!” I laughed.

“So you had coffee with him yesterday?” She eyed me. “Like in the movies!”

“Yeah.” I smiled as I remembered yesterday. I found out he was living with his dad and a younger brother and that he recently moved here due to his dad getting transferred for work. I didn’t actually catch what his dad did for a living. We shared a cheesecake. Their cake slices are huge. At least that’s the excuse he used. I told him the cheesecakes at my sister’s bakery were better. He laughed.

“My spidey senses are tingling” She closed her eyes and rubbed her temples. She legitimately gives me the creeps when she’s like this. “There’s something fishy,” she nods at her own statement.

“Fishy?” I scrunched my nose. “Your mom’s making salmon for lunch… This isn’t The Sixth Sense, you know?”

This cracked her up, “Yeah salmon, that’s probably it.” India has psychic powers. I’m not even kidding. She really does. This one time she said she felt something crawling up her arm and within the next two hours Marina had a brush up with a spider. “Anyways we should get started on this assignment or we’ll never get it done.”

Thank you, India. I feel extremely unsettled right now.

---
Logan’s P.O.V.

Walking to the hospital after-school everyday is such a pain. I walk through the big hospital walls and try to find my way to the loony ward. Have you ever been to hospitals? Hospitals smell, they really do. They smell of disease and plague. Hah, I know I’m being a little overdramatic.

The girl I met yesterday, Mia. I think I’m starting to like her. I’m not sure that’s a good thing. I’ve been doing well on my own for a while now. I don’t need more people caring about me.

Everyone who finds out I’m on these freaks out and end up feeling sorry for me. I can’t be like, ‘oh it’s no big deal I just tried to kill myself about 35 times.’ It’d probably scare her if she knew. I shouldn’t tell her then. How long can I keep it a secret, though?

The meds are good. They keep me calm. I laughed more than I ever had in the past 2 years yesterday. Maybe she’s good for me after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Definitely my favorite chapter so far! I really enjoyed writing in Logan's point of view. It makes the story more interesting. What do you guys think? Leave a comment if you like! Thanks for reading!