Perfectly Perfect Logan

Everybody's Starry Eyed

“I’m Logan.” He grins.

I freeze for a second needing to collect myself, “Mia!” I try to sound breezy but God knows I am far from it! You try putting yourself in my shoes. A gorgeous Greek masterpiece is literally just sitting across me. Ruffled hair, electric blue eyes behind silver frames, beautifully rounded shoulders. I can’t. Oh and the next big question. What was I doing here? “I just thought I’d say hello, greet the new kid and all, you know?” Lame.

“Cool,” he nodded, “nice to meet you.” I would’ve gotten up and said bye right there and then because of how pathetic I felt but his eyes kept staring into mine as if they were keeping them there. “We have that one class together, don’t we?”

“Bio.” I agreed.

“Yeah!”

“Yeah.”

“You’re the quiet one in the front of class.” The conversation was going nowhere but it was obvious he just wanted to talk.

“You’re not exactly much different.” I retorted, he laughed.

“Maybe we could meet up sometime.” He suggested.

“Reviewing notes?” I know. I am an airhead.

“Hah no!” He laughed again.

“Oh.” I didn’t know what to do. I smiled, “Kay, bye!” And walked away. I don’t know, I was nervous. It was stupid.

---

I told my sister about what had happened today when I got to her bakery. I took a cupcake from behind the counter and I watched as she gave me a skeptical look. “First, of all,” she raised her voice, “don’t eat that” and she quickly swiped the cupcake from my hand. “Secondly, go talk to him again. Make plans! Meet up! Don’t leave him hanging like that!”

It was just my sister and I. We lived together. She owned a very successful bakery business in town, which is how she manages to pay my school fees. “I don’t know how to!” I complain, “That is my issue, you realize?”

“What did your friends tell you?” she raises an eyebrow. I reach for a cupcake but she doesn’t say anything this time.

“Not much,” I take a bite, “except that I’m an idiot.”

“Exactly.”

I leave the half eaten cupcake on the glossy white marble. Everything good in my life I leave half-done. My cupcakes. My schoolwork. My love life. “I think I’ll head back home,” I turn my long stool and jump off. “Oh my God, it’s him!” I look out the window and I see him! The boy! Logan! He was walking into the bookstore right across the bakery.

“It’s fate!” my sister gasps. “Your second chance, take it!”

“You’re right.” I’m suddenly struck by some supernatural confidence that I’ve never possessed before. I march right to the bookstore looking out for Logan. Found him. Science fiction? Anyways that’s beside the point. Adjusting my school uniform and hair I find my way to him. “Hey.”

“Hello.” He eyes me with a look. Not a mean one. The kind of look you’d give somebody when you think they’ve done something silly and boy did I feel silly.

“I just…” I sighed, “I wanted to apologize for earlierIdidn’tmeantobutIwasweirdIknowandifyouneverwanttotalktomeagainIunderstand.” Yes my words move a hundred miles per second when I ramble and I only ramble when I’m nervous. “ImeanohmygoshIhaterambling.”

Logan paused for a second then burst out laughing. He laughed. And laughed. And laughed. His face was so red by the time he was done. “You’re so cute!” he wheezed. I was relieved. “I’d like to get to know you if you don’t mind.”

“I’d love that.” I smiled back.

“Coffee?” his eyes again, looking deep into mine. His eyes sparkled. I don’t know how. Do eyes even do that? His eyes do. Like in those love stories you read…

“Sure.”
♠ ♠ ♠
The second chapter of my first ever fanfic I've ever posted online! What do you guys think? I really am having fun with this story. I love how I'm literally in control of what happens next. Makes me feel like some sort of fortune teller or psychic. Hahah anyways tell me what you think in the comments!