Pieces Mended

016

I sighed, pulling away from Jade's house, or whatever she considers it, sending a quick text to Quinn that I was driving back to his house. He'd just die if he knew I was texting while driving in his baby. I chuckled under my breath to myself.

It wasn't long before I pulled into his driveway, and he was sitting on his porch, smoking a cigarette. He subtly gave his car a once over, but it was hard not to notice. I got out of the car and handed him the keys before giving him a tight hug.

"Mmm," he moaned into my neck, once again giving me chills.

"Hey there," I grinned, kissing him.

"Hey," he smiled back, but his expression quickly turned to concern. "So what happened?"

"I, honestly, can't and won't tell you. Thank you for letting me borrow your car. Something happened, but it's not my business to tell."

He nodded, seeming to understand. Taking my hand, he pulled me inside. His house was empty, like usual. It was so strange to think his house was empty all the time. It felt like my apartment was entirely too full all the time.

Setting his keys on the side table, he plopped on the couch, pulling me down into his lap so my feet were resting on the cushion next to him. His hand rested on my lower back. The other flipped through the channels on the television screen. I ran my fingers through his hair, placing a short kiss on his cheek, and watched his facial expressions change for each channel he flipped through. It was quite obvious he didn't enjoy what was on tv.

I couldn't help but be mesmerized by his adorableness. It was just so amazing how kind and understanding he was about everything. And he had no reason to be other than that he cared for me. I let out a happy sigh, snuggling into the crook of his neck.

He smiled, looking down at me. "That was so cute."

I laughed, leaning up to peck him on the lips, which only lead to him kissing me hard on the lips. We fell back on the couch, his upper torso folding over me as he slid his tongue along my lower lip. I allowed him entry, tugging my fingers through his hair. Was it possible to fall in love this quick? No, and I knew it wasn't. But those butterflies in my stomach were telling me that it was possible someday.

When his hands started wandering, I let him, because I trusted him more than any guy I had ever known. Foolish? Maybe. Did I care? Not at all. His left arm rested next to me, propping himself up so he was leaning over rather than on me. But his right hand trailed from my shoulder down my side to my hip.

His fingers brushed over my hip bone light, almost tentatively asking for permission, before sliding his fingers under my shirt. My skin was burning everywhere he touched, and I could feel the blush creeping from my cheeks down my neck as his hand traveled further up my shirt. But before anything could get really good, the front door opened, and within a matter of seconds, a little boy was staring me in the face while Quinn’s hand was on my boob.