Status: Work in progress

Light Up the Room

You Were My Conscience

I had a system. Every day I dropped Jackson off at Kindergarten and then picked him up in the afternoon on my way into work. This generally worked except for today where all the shit that could go wrong has. My glasses broke this morning so I was forced to wear contacts, I couldn’t find matching shoes except for my black TOMS, it was pouring rain outside, and the topper to my fantastic day: my son had no school today I had to bring him with me to work. So I had to keep him in my office with Zane watching him.
Zane was waiting for me in the parking garage when I got there and grabbed Jackson out of his car seat when I had parked.
“Thank you so much for all of this today Zane it’s been fucking hell today”, I said while making my way into the building.
He just nodded and I grabbed all the stuff I would need for the interview I had today. It was San Diego’s own Pierce The Veil, I’d have to get them to sign something for Zane since he was on babysitting duty and those guys were his idols.
When I got to the booth four men were sitting in there talking to each other and hadn’t noticed me enter. I cleared my throat and one of the guys jumped in his sit and stood up with the rest of his band, who were laughing at him.
“Sorry I didn’t mean to startle you, I’m Tessa”, I introduced myself sticking my hand out. The guy I scared was the first to approach me “I’m Mike”, and instead of shaking my hand like I expected he pulled me into a hug. I was then introduced to everyone else who all followed in what Mike did and gave me hugs. “Thank you for the hugs gentlemen but we only have two minutes until air and I got a show to host”, they all listened to me and sat and put on their headphones.
“Good afternoon San Diego! Happy Friday, now today we have Pierce The Veil in the studio with us, but before I start my interview with them let’s start with some music here’s Breathe Carolina with their latest ‘Hit and Run’.
I took the time that the song was playing to organize my papers in front of me putting my interview questions at the top. “Ok I’m back with Pierce The Veil, could you guys just say your names and what you do in the band so listeners can tell who is who?” “I’m Vic and I sing and play guitar” “I’m Jaime and I play bass” “I’m Tony and I play guitar” “and I’m Mike and I play drums”.
“So you guys released a new album back in July, ‘Collide With The Sky’, the first single ‘King For A Day’ has already been a huge success. How do you guys feel about that? ”
“We’re very happy that people seem to be enjoying the album and honored that Kellin did the song with us,” Vic answered. “We’re playing what we like and what we enjoy playing, it’s always a bonus though when people like it”, Jaime answered laughing.
“Very true” I laughed as well “So some we had fans send questions in for the last two weeks and picked the three most interesting ones to ask you guys”, I explained.
“Ok the first is from Tanner and he wants to know if you guys ever stayed anywhere sketchy when you were first getting started out?”
“Yes. There was this motel we stayed at I can’t remember where but it was scary as hell. I’m pretty sure there was a hooker in the room next to ours and the sheets looked like they hadn’t been changed since the 80’s”, Mike explained. “I know which one you’re talking about, we ended up going back to our van and sleeping there for the night!” Jaime exclaimed.
“Wow that sounds interesting. The next one is from Callie and is directed, I’m guessing, at Tony. She wants to know if it’s ever hard to be a vegetarian when you’re on tour.”
He thought about it for a minute, “Not really, so many people are vegetarian these days so a lot of restaurants offer vegetarian options” “Way to keep it short Tony,” Mike teased.
“Hey he answered the question no one said it had to be an essay answer like yours,” I said in a serious voice but making sure to smile so he knew I was fucking with him. “The final question is from Sam and it’s if you were in ‘The Hunger Games’ what would your plan to stay alive be?”
“Well I would get a badass sword or something and get as many people as could” said Mike.
“Well I would try to get some kind of long range weapon and get people from afar so I had less of a chance of dying” supplied Jaime.
“I would try and use charm to gain lots of sponsors so if I needed something I could get it” said Vic.
“My strategy would be to lay low and hide out and let everyone else kill each other” answered Tony.
“Those are all pretty good except Mike I think you’d get yourself killed off pretty fast” I said with a laugh.
“Well what would your strategy be?” he asked.
“I would probably do the same thing as Tony, it’s a good strategy”

We talked more about their album and upcoming tour and the interview was over.
“Thank you guys very much for taking the time to be here today. Everyone can see clips from my interview with Pierce The Veil on our website. You can get their new album ‘Collide With The Sky’ on iTunes or better yet buy a physical copy of it, I promise it’s worth it the album is killer. Now I turn the show over to Walt”

I was still thinking about the guys from PTV it was so casual I felt like they were friends of mine from way back even though I only talked with them for like an hour. I hadn’t had real friends in quite a while most people didn’t want to deal with someone like me. I know I had a lot of baggage but who didn’t? Let me list of just a few: issues with both of my parents, dead ex-boyfriend/baby daddy, and let’s not forget the fact that I had a five year old son. Those guys seemed so genuine like they wouldn’t give a shit about any of that, like Zane I knew he wasn’t going to flee just because I had so much baggage. That’s enough cynical talk for one night, at least one good thing happened today. I got to interview five very attractive guys.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ok so I'm sorry that this is late, I'll probably try to update once or twice a week.
A very big thank you to those who read, subscibed, recomended, and commented. You guys make me want to keep this up :D