Status: Completed!

Just a Walk in the Park

Part 1. The Coffee Spillage

You’ve just bought coffee from your favourite coffee shop right by your house and you decide to walk through the park on your back home.

You start blasting your favourite Darren Criss song into your ear as you’re walking down the path drinking your coffee.

The song just got to the chorus and in your head you’re singing and dancing along to it when you suddenly bump into someone and accidentally spill all of your coffee over the both of you.

You’re both in a fluster and you keep apologizing…

‘Oh my god! I’m so sorry … erm I live just up the road if you want to come in so we can get cleaned up, I feel really bad for all this, sorry!?’ You say and suddenly realise how creepy that sounded, ‘I didn’t mean for that to sound weird,’ you laugh and apologise again.

He looks up and you realise who you’ve been talking to…Darren Criss, he was standing right infront of you and you just spilt coffee over him! You didn’t want to freak out so you went along with it,

‘Erm yeah that’d be nice but stop apologising so much, it wasn’t your fault!’ He tells me with a laugh and a goofy smile on his face.

So you both start walking back to your place… you start talking about the silliest things and laugh at what had just happened,

‘I’m Darren by the way,’ he says with his hand out.

‘Oh, hi I’m (Y/N), it’s really nice to meet you, I wish they could be in better circumstances though,’ You take his hand and shake it but look to the floor as you feel embarrassed all of a sudden about the situation you’re in.

‘Hey,’ he says pushing my chin up gently with his hand, ‘don’t worry about it I’m fine! And I think you’re pretty awesome just letting me come to yours! Thank you that was really nice of you by the way!’ Darren was looking straight into your eyes as he said that and you can’t help blushing again as you hide your face away in your scarf.

You carry on walking to your place and you decide you have to tell him how much of a fan you are,

‘Darren I just have to say that I’m actually a really big fan of yours… and honestly you’re my favourite in Glee and Starkid,’ you add with a cheeky smirk on your face.

Darren just laughs and looks at you but before he can say anything you cut in,

‘Oh god I’m sorry I bet I just totally freaked you out!’ you say biting your lip.

‘Stop apologising! Honestly meeting you has really brightened my day,’ he replies smiling, ‘I’m actually kind of glad you spilt coffee on me!’

‘Well it was my pleasure spilling coffee on you!’ you wink at him which makes him laugh again, ‘Oh here’s my place, come on up… and sorry about the mess I wasn’t really expecting any celebrities to EVER come in my house!’

You’re both walking up the stairs to your apartment and Darren grabs your hand and races you to the top, which surprises you as you both laugh in a bundle at the top of the staircase. You both get up,

‘Make yourself at home,’ you say as you go grab some cleaning things.

When you come back you see Darren’s found your guitar from the corner of the room and he’s singing along to teenage dream quietly on the sofa. You walk in smiling and start singing along with him when you sit down.

Darren laughs and starts blasting out the chorus with you as you get up and dance, not having a care in the world. You sit back down and let Darren finish the song. He finishes the song in a really dramatic way which makes you laugh,

‘You have a really beautiful laugh,’ Darren says suddenly and you don’t know what to make of it,

Did he just compliment you? What should I say back!

‘Erm, thanks err… you have an amazing voice by the way!’ You laugh nervously realising you sounded like a complete idiot.

Darren just laughs and carries on looking at my ever-blushing face again.

‘I’m sorry, I kinda freaked I’m not used to getting compliments, I don’t really..erm.. I’m not really the kind of person that gets complimented,’ you say looking down at your hands.

There was a silence and you didn’t know what to do, then Darren grabs both your hands and holds them in his, he bends his head trying to look into your eyes. Slowly you look back at him,

‘You should start believing in yourself more, you’re really the sweetest and funniest girl I’ve met!’ he says and you’re taken aback.

Darren was being super nice and adorable to you, this was even better than you thought it would be, you’ve never felt this way for anyone before and it felt really great!

Your funny side comes out again as you try to hide some of your embarrassment, ‘Well I do try!’ you say sarcastically while laughing, Darren’s face lights up as you both stare at eachother.

He has the most amazing hazel coloured eyes…and that hair, it was just so tempting to push it out of his eyes and-

‘So erm let’s get you cleaned up shall we?! You’ve been sat it that coffee stained shirt for a while, I haven’t been a very good host have I?’ you suddenly say with a hesitant laugh as you realise what you were just thinking.

Darren seems to snap out the trance as well as he stands up gives you his shirt,

‘You’ve been the perfect host! You let me play use your guitar…well I kind of stole it for a little while,’ he laughs as if he was feeling a bit embarrassed about what had just happened between us, ‘this has been the perfect end to my day!’

You smile to yourself as you put the shirt in your washing machine, then you have a thought,

Wow! He is really as perfect as everyone says….too bad this won’t happen again!

You sit back down and start talking with Darren about anything and everything, there’s never a moment of silence and he even laughs at your really cheesy jokes! By the time you finish talking the shirt is cleaned and had been for a while.

Looks like that’s my dream day over….

You think as you hand back the shirt, you start talking as he puts it on over his t-shirt,

‘Thanks for being so patient…and for laughing at all my bad jokes!’

He laughs yet again, which makes you smile and says ‘No problem, I truly did have an awesome time, this is the most fun I’ve had in a while!’

‘Well I doubt that but thanks!’ you say as you laugh.

‘No I’m being serious! I’ve just been working so hard lately it’s nice to just have a night off’ Darren replies.

‘I guess this is it, sorry again for the coffee spillage earlier, but I was listening to your music sooo I guess it’s kinda your fault. You write amazing music and it distracts people!’ You tease him as you walk over to your door.

Darren smiles, ‘Oh well I’m sorry, maybe I should…just…give up music,’ he winks at me as I elbow him in the stomach and laugh, but then Darren makes a sad puppy dog face,

‘Hey I’m sorry,’ Darren looked so sad even though you know he was joking.

‘Haha, it’s okay! You really need to stop apologising so much, you don’t need to, silly!’ Darren smiles at you.

‘Anyway I should get going, thanks for the best day ever!’ he pulls you in for a for a hug, and you savour this moment because you know its not ever going to happen again.

You open the door for him and watch as he walks back down the stairs. Once he’s gone you walk over and lie down on the sofa…

Darren Criss was just in your house and he complimented you and hugged you! …. And you just let him go.

You suddenly feel like there’s a big hole missing inside of you.

You start clearing up when there’s a knock at your door, you wonder who it could be because you weren’t expecting anyone.

You open the door and Darren was standing there soaking wet.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hiii Rachel here! So this is my first fic and I hope you like it! Darren’s a huge inspiration to me and I just had to write one about him!
Please comment, it would mean a lot, so I know if I should write more!

I hope you guys enjoyed... there's lots more to come... ;)