Status: COMPLETED!

Do I Turn Out Alright?

How Could I Breath? Where Would I Be?

[Sapphire]

Over the next few days I spent almost every second with Alex. I took him to my parents house with me, introducing them all. My mother loved Alex but my dad didn't really warm up to him until Tuesday night as we sat around watching TV, they seemed to bond over everything my dad turned it on. I quite my job at the doctors office, everyone seemed pretty happy about me leaving. I didn't get along with anyone there.

My parents were a little sad about me leaving them again but now that I had spent so much time with them they understood why I did what I did years ago. They promised to keep in touch this time and that when the band is in LA for shows we had to stop by for dinner, Alex included. My mom insisted that she too wanted to meet Matt still, just to know him, but I told her not to get her hopes up.

Wednesday morning my mother drove Alex and I to the airport. I wanted to drive back since I had my car out here but it turns out that my sister was flying out in a week to visit and she said that she would drive my car back for me when she returned instead of flying. Alex promised that I could borrow his car if needed.

Our flight was long and very boring. As we landed, Alex informed me that no one knew I was with him, he wanted it to be a surprise. Apparently the guys had flown back on Sunday night, I hadn't seen them at all, I spent too much time with Alex.

"Who is going to be there to pick us up?" I questioned, worrying that Matt would be there, along with Angela.

"I have no idea, Saph." He told me, giving me an apologetic look, knowing what I was thinking. "I know Jack will be for sure, but I don't know if he'll bring anyone with him." He explained, making me nod. After that I rested my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes, trying to get a little sleep. I managed to doze a little bit before the plane landed and we grabbed out carry on bags and left the plane. "You alright?" Alex asked me as we walked down the terminal. I simply shook my head and reached over to take his hand in mine. "Everything will be fine. I doubt he is here with her."

"But what if she is here? Matt I can handle, I can't see her though." I told him as I saw the baggage claim coming into view. Alex sighed and squeezed my hand, choosing not to say anything.

First to come into my view was Jack. When he spotted me he broke into a very large grin and began running at me. I laughed and let go of Alex's hands, preparing for the impact. Jack barreled into me like a freight train, lifting me up and spinning me around, holding me tightly. I laughed and wrapped my arms around his lanky neck, happy to see the man as well.

"I missed you, Sapphire!" He yelled, earning a few looks from passerby's but we ignored them as he set me back down. I then heard someone clear their throat behind him making me peak around his shoulder, my face paled at the site.

Angela was gorgeous... just as I feared. She was shorter than me, much skinnier and had long black hair that fell in perfect waves to the middle of her back. She didn't have a single blemish on her heart shaped face and her eyes were a piercing blue, her teeth more white than even Rian's had been, which was saying something. She was dressed in tight skinny jeans, brown knee high boots, a white tee shirt and a black vest over it. She completed the look with some necklaces. She looked... perfect.

I hated her.

Jack let me go and stood beside me awkwardly as Angela and I stood there staring each other down. She tried to keep up her smile but slowly it faded away as she saw that I was not happy to see her. Alex stepped up beside me and took my hand, gripping it tightly. My eyes finally slid away from Angela to Matt who stood awkwardly beside her, his hands stuffed in his pockets.

"H-hey, Sapphire." He greeted, trying to give me a soft smile but failing. He bit at his lip ring before looking down at his shoes, scuffing his feet against the tile floor. "I didn't know you were coming back with Alex..."

"Yeah.. he convinced me to quite my job and move back to Baltimore." I told him, shrugging. "This must be Angela."

"Uh... yeah. It is." I looked back at the dark haired girl who stood beside my ex fiance, looking very awkward and uncomfortable.

"It's nice to meet you." She mumbled quietly. Right at that moment a buzzer sounded behind them, signaling that Alex and I's luggage had just arrived.

"Wish that I could say the same." I spat at her before shoving between her and Matt, pulling Alex behind me.

"Are you okay?" Alex questioned me as we walked towards the conveyor belt holding the luggage from our flight. Alex and I came to a stop beside it and turned towards each other. I felt tears welling up in my eyes as I shook my head. Alex sighed and pulled me into his chest, letting me bury my head against his chest, wrapping my arms around him tightly, gripping at his shirt. "It's alright, sweetheart. We'll get our bags, go on our way and go home. You won't have to see her or talk to her again." He promised. I lifted my head and looked up at him, nodding. He smiled and kissed my head before turning and grabbing our bags that were about to pass us on the conveyor belt.

"Ready to go? Matt already left, they got a taxi." Jack spoke as he stepped up beside us.

"Yes, please. Get me home, Jack." I mumbled. He nodded and took my bag before leading the way out of the airport, Alex taking my hand again as we walked. We were all silent as we got in the car and Jack began to drive towards Alex's house.

"So how was your little vacation away from us, Sapphire?" Jack asked as he drove. I smiled and shrugged from the back seat where Alex and I sat, our hands still clasped together between us.

"Pretty bad actually, Jack." I told him.

"That's why you should never leave us again." Jack retorted making me laugh.

"I don't plan on it, Jacko." I assured him, making him grin and cheer. We rode the rest of the short way home in silence.

"I'll see you guys later, be safe and use protection, children!" Jack yelled after us as we got out of the car. Alex leaned in and punched him on the arm. "Ow!"

"Shut the fuck up, Jack. We aren't together." Alex told him before slamming the door after him. I awkwardly grabbed my bags and made my way to the door as Alex followed. "It should be unlocked, Rian's here." I nodded and tried the doorknob, finding that it turned and the door opened.

"Is that my love?!" Rian yelled from the living room.

"Yes, it is!" Alex yelled back. Seconds later we heard Rian running towards us but he stopped dead in his tracks when he spotted me.

"Sapphire?!" He exclaimed before rushing at me and enveloping me in a very tight hug.

"Hey, Ri." I greeted, squeezing him back. "I've missed you."

"I've missed you too, like fuck. What are you doing here? I thought you were in LA?"

"Alex got me to come back. I'm taking your place as roommate." I joked, punching his arm.

"Good! Though I was excited to be moving to LA, I would have gotten to see you a lot. You could have been my unofficial LA tour guide." He told me making me laugh and shake my head.

"Just stay in Baltimore and I can be your Baltimore tour guide. Even though you know it better than I do but... we can ignore that detail." We all laughed before Alex grabbed both of our bags and excused himself upstairs.

"Well I'll still be here for awhile, I'm not leaving until like a month after we get back from tour." Rian explained, making me nod.

"Good."

"Saph! Come here!" Alex yelled from upstairs making me roll my eyes.

"Well I'll see you later, Ri. Good night." I hugged him one last time before running up the stairs and entering Alex's bedroom. This place brought back memories. The last time I had been in here was when I wrote Alex's farewell note before leaving. I never thought I would step foot in this room again. "Yes, Alex?" I asked once I saw him sitting on his bed.

"I hope you don't mind but you have to sleep in here with me. At least for a few days. Our guest bedroom is overtaken by amps and guitars and stuff. We can clear it out though and it can be yours." He told me, standing up.

"Alrighty. I need to get the rest of my stuff from Matt's house. I should probably call him..." I muttered, crossing my arms over my chest. The image of Angela popped back in my mind and I had to fight back tears. I lost. Alex once again enveloped me in his arms as I tried to control the tears that so desperately wanted to fall.

"I'll call him and work out a time for us to go by and get your stuff. Don't worry about it. Why don't you get changed and get some sleep? You are probably jet lagged, I am." He offered making me nod. I looked up at him and smiled, staring into his chocolate brown eyes.

"Thank you so much, Alex." I whispered. I so desperately wanted to kiss him right now. His lips looked so inviting. It had been over a month since we had last kissed and I felt myself craving his touch once more. It had been longer since I had kissed Matt and yet I didn't feel this desire towards him. That had to show that this break up was the right thing. I should long for Matt like this, not his/my best friend.

"I'd do anything for you, Saph." Alex whispered back before he leaned down. For a second I thought he was going to kiss me, I hoped that he was. Instead though he pressed his forehead to mine and closed his eyes, sighing. "I'll always be here for you." He then lifted his head back up and kissed my forehead before letting me go and stepping away from him. "I'll go call Matt, you get into bed." With that he left the room, closing the door after him.

I walked over to where he had put my bags and pulled out my pajamas, getting changed quickly. Sliding into the blankets on Alex's bed made me smile. It felt so right and comforting to be wrapped up in blankets that smelled of Alex. I closed my eyes and listened to the soft sounds of the TV from downstairs. I tried to listen for Alex's voice but I couldn't hear it anywhere. He either went outside to talk to Matt or was talking too quietly.

I had just begun to fall asleep when Alex walked quietly into the room. He tried to not disturb me but I wanted to know what Matt had said so I sat up.

"So? What's Matt got to say?" I questioned, crossing my legs in front of me underneath the blanket while Alex went about getting ready for bed.

"Well first.. he says that he's sorry you had to meet Angela so suddenly like that. Also he said we can stop by tomorrow and get your stuff. He promises that Angela won't be there, she has to work." Alex told me as he slid off his jeans and tshirt before laying down on the bed beside me, tossing the blankets over himself.

"Seeing her really hurt me, Alex. She's so... perfect and beautiful. No wonder he chose her over me." I really had to right to talk. There was a time when I chose Alex over Matt. Now I knew how Matt felt and it made me just feel that much worse for what I had done. Matt didn't deserve to feel like this, ever. After what I did though, I deserved to feel this. I deserved this and so much more.

"No one is as perfect and beautiful as you. Not to me at least. If Matt found someone else, sucks for him. It's a good thing for me though, that means I may just one day get the girl I love." I turned my head to look at him before falling back against the pillows, staring at the ceiling.

"This feeling... this feeling of just... complete and utter heartbreak.. I caused this to Matt and I hate myself for ever making him feel like this. I deserve to be hurt back. He deserves to find someone better and... and I'm glad that he has.." Alex sighed and slid closer to me, wrapping his arm around me and pulling me as close to him as I could get. I buried my face in his warm neck and willed the tears to not return.

"You do not deserve to be hurt, Sapphire. Everything that happened is all my fault. I should have just... stayed away from you. I shouldn't have made any moves on you. I would say that I regret it but the only thing I regret doing is hurting you. I don't regret being with you. Holding you, kissing you, making love to you... those have been the greatest moments of my existence." He confessed to me. That slid me over the edge. The tears came back at full force. "Baby, what's wrong?" Alex questioned worriedly.

"I just can't believe how much you care for me and how much I care for you in return." I told him, lifting my head from his neck. "I want you to know... that though I wanted Matt at first, I need you to know that I don't want him any more than I do you, it's not like I'm here with you because I couldn't have him. Yes, I would be with Matt right now if I could but my decision had really come down to who I thought could handle the heartbreak the best. I knew you could handle the rejection better than Matt could. I care for you both, and I love you both so much." I explained to him honestly. It was true. I didn't want Matt more or less than him. I wanted them both though. I was selfish, I know.

"You're right. I could handle losing you better than Matt could, which is why I'm glad that Matt found Angela. I know you hate her but him finding her just means that we finally have a chance. We don't have to sneak and hide and cheat anymore. It can be you and me, that's it." He told me, grinning. He looked so happy and delighted by the idea of there being an 'us.' I couldn't help but grin back at him. His happiness was contagious. "I love you, Sapphire."

"I love you too, Alex." I whispered back. In the next second his lips were on mine and I completely forgot about Matt and Angela....
♠ ♠ ♠
FYI, there isn't tooo much left of this story. D:

Comment! (:

and go check out my Alex one-shot I wrote the other day. It's based off of a Maroon 5 song. (: Maybe It's Better That We Break
I also have another Alex one shot that I wrote a few weeks ago. If you haven't checked it out, check it out as well. Be The One To Save Me
And then of course my other Alex stories. Set Me Free and What The Past Never Told Us
And then of course.. if you are looking for an un-All Time Low/Alex story and happen to like Harry Potter, I have a Draco Malfoy fic that you all need to check out. What Lies Within