Status: COMPLETED!

Do I Turn Out Alright?

Pretend That You're Feeling A Little More Pain.

[Sapphire]

The drive to Matt's house the next morning was silent. I didn't want to speak because I was nervous. Alex didn't speak because he probably knew what I was feeling and didn't want to bother me. As Alex parked in the driveway beside Matt's car I couldn't help but feel tears well up in my eyes.

This house... This had been the first house I owned. Matt and I spent months going all around Baltimore until we found the perfect house for us. This house had needed some work but we took that as a project and made the place even more our own. We redid the master bedroom and bathroom, the kitchen and the basement which had been unfinished when we bought the place. Now it had an extra bedroom, a bathroom, and a games room complete with pool table and a pinball machine. Matt and I put our lives into this house and I lost it all, including Matt.

"You alright?" Alex asked me, bringing me back from my thoughts. I turned away from the house to look at him, giving him a soft smile through my tears.

"No.. but after today I will be." I told him honestly. There was no need lying to him, he knew the truth anyway.

"If you need to get out of there, if it becomes too much just let me know and we can leave, alright?" I nodded and leaned over, kissing his lips gently.

"Let's go." I said. He nodded and got out of the car as I did the same. We walked up to the door slowly before Alex brought his hand up and knocked. It was so weird having to knock on the door of the house I used to call my own for years. My heart raced and my palms sweat as I heard footsteps approaching the door. Seconds later it opened to reveal a very tired looking Matt. He was dressed in an unbuttoned flannel shirt with a white t-shirt underneath and a pair of black jeans, his feet bare.

"Hey." He greeted, looking from me to Alex before resting his eyes on me again.

"Hi." I mumbled back, looking down at the ground. Alex put his arm around my shoulders and cleared his throat.

"We came to get her stuff, as we discussed last night." He said. Matt looked back at him and nodded before stepping back and letting us into the house. Stepping inside brought tears to my eyes again. "We'll start in the bedroom. We'll need some privacy." Matt simply nodded as Alex pulled me towards my old bedroom. It looked just the same as it did when I last saw it. The bed was unmade, Matt's dirty clothes littered the floor around the hamper and the closet door hung wide open, showing the ever present mess inside. "I'll go get a box from my car."

"Thanks, Alex." I told him. He smiled and leaned down to kiss my forehead before leaving the room. I sighed and looked around the familiar room, trying to decide what to take.

"Take whatever you want. It's yours." I jumped and turned to see Matt standing in the doorway, leaning against the frame, his hands in his pockets.

"I just want my clothes, mainly." I told him. He shrugged.

"That's fine, but like I said... anything you want... take it." I simply nodded. "I'm sorry about last night, by the way... I didn't want you to meet her like that, so suddenly."

"I didn't want to meet her at all, Matt." I blurted out. "I can see why you want her though... she's beautiful." I shrugged and turned away from him, trying to hide the fact that my eyes were welling up with tears. I made my way over to the closet and began pulling out some of the clothes that I had left behind when I left a month ago.

"I thought... I thought this would all be okay.. I mean... you get Alex and I get someone too... It's what you want, right?" Matt questioned. I spun around and glared at him.

"No, Matt. It wasn't what I wanted. I wanted you!" I screamed at him. "Why didn't you tell me? Why didn't you tell me sooner? I sat at that restaurant waiting for you, expecting you to show up and then you just... you don't. Then I have to find out that you found someone else through a note. Why couldn't you just call me and tell me?"

"I found out that you cheated on me and were leaving me through a note so don't even start with me!" He yelled right back at me. "I didn't call and tell you because... because I was scared. I was afraid that if I heard your voice I would give in. I wanted you, I wanted you so badly, Sapphire, but I couldn't! I knew that we would never work the same again, it would always be there with us, the fact that you fucked my best friend. I just couldn't do it anymore. I needed to move on. You too. It's what's best, us just going our separate ways apart from working for the same band." Just then Alex walked back in, a few boxes under his arm.

"Everything okay in here?" He questioned, narrowing his eyes at Matt when he saw the tears falling down my cheeks.

"Everything is fine." I whispered, wiping at my cheeks. "Let's just finish so we can go." Alex nodded and handed me a box. "Can you get my stuff from the dresser, please Alex?" He once again nodded and went to do as I asked while I got my clothes from the closet, ignoring Matt standing in the doorway still.

"Do you want any of these pictures, Saph?" I turned to see Alex holding up the two pictures that had sat on the dresser. Both were of me and Matt.

"No." I mumbled. "Leave them." He nodded while I went back to getting my clothes.

"This is finished. Anything else in here you need?" I finished with the closet and turned to look around the room, thinking if there was anything else in the room I wanted.

"Nope, that's it. There are a few movies from the living room I want to take, along with some books then I'll be done." I told him. He nodded and took his box into the living room while I grabbed the box I had been filling.

"You can have the pictures, Sapphire." Matt said as I passed but I just ignored him. Alex and I then spent a few minutes getting the movies and books that I wanted.

"Is that everything?" Alex asked. I nodded and closed up the box I had filled.

"Bye, Matt. See you when tour starts." I said to my ex before I grabbed the box and left the house, going out to Alex's car and putting the box in the back. I leaned against the side of the car, trying to contain my tears while I waited for Alex. He came out a few minutes later and put the box beside mine.

"Are you alright?" I simply shook my head as Alex pulled me into his chest. He sighed and ran his hand through my hair and the tears finally escaped my eyes finally.

"Just get me out of here, Alex." I mumbled. He nodded and pulled back.

"Just think that this is the end of one chapter of your life. You can move onto the next now, which is with me. I promise it'll be worth it." He told me making me smile.

"I'm excited." He smiled and pecked my lips before turning to open the car door for me. I got in while he went around to his side.

"Off to home we go!" He yelled as he drove off. I laughed and shook my head. He spent the entire car ride trying to make me laugh. It worked. My tears of sadness turned into tears of laughter by the time he pulled into the driveway of his our house.

"You are like the worlds biggest idiot, Alex." I told him as we carried my things inside.

"Why thank you, I take pride in that." He grinned at me. "Shall we unpack?" I nodded and followed him up to the top of the stairs. "So... what room do you want to stay in? My room or the guest bedroom?" He asked awkwardly. That morning Alex had tried to convince me to just stay in his room but I told him that would be moving too fast. It was enough that I was living with him, I may need some space every once in awhile. So Rian agreed to cleaning up the guest bedroom for me.

"Alex..." I warned. He sighed and went into the now clean and bare guest bedroom. There was only a bed, and two nightstands with a lamp on each. The bed had plain black sheets and the walls were bare. I would have to do some customizing in here and soon.

"I'll go get your stuff that's already in my room." I nodded as Alex left the room. He came back a minutes later with my suitcase and put it on my bed. We then took the time to unpack all of my things. "Feel free to decorate this room however you like, you have free rein." He told me.

"Good. This is far too boring for me." I told him making him laugh.

"So when are we going to christen this bed?" He asked, sitting down on it. I laughed and shook my head.

"Alex... we aren't even officially together yet, you and I are not having sex." I told him making him pout.

"We weren't together when we last had sex, before you left." He reminded me, making me sigh.

"Not happening, Alex." I assured him. He reached forward and pulled me into his lap.

"So we have to be together before you'll have sex with me again?" He questioned making me laugh and nod my head.

"Then be my girlfriend." He demanded. How romantic.

"You are so romantic, Lex. I can't control myself around your charm." I rolled my eyes and got off of his lap.

"Oh come on, babe." He whined. "Fine... I'll be romantic. Go on a date with me tonight."

"You are so demanding." I mumbled but laughed anyway. "Fine, only because you are cute." He laughed and fist bumped the air in triumph.

"Good! Be ready by 6, we shall leave then." He leaned down and pecked my lips before leaving the room as I laughed. A date with Alex Gaskarth. This should be fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
GUYS! GUESS WHAT!!! I GOT AN ALL TIME LOW TATTOO!
Yup, I sure did. I got lyrics from Therapy. Wanna see? You do?! Okay! Here you go!

Image

Happy early Christmas/birthday to me! :D

anywho, comment and let me know what ya think. Not much left of this story. D: