Status: COMPLETED!

Do I Turn Out Alright?

Hold You Close Just One More Day, Baby Don't Go

[Sapphire]

In the past, back when Matt and I's relationship was still fresh and new, I had my doubts about us. We didn't have a lot in common, we both worked completely opposite schedules, it was just destined to not work. And then when I quit my job and began working for him and the guys, I imagined what it would be like if we ever broke up. Or at first, when we broke up. I figured that I would leave tour and go back to my life before Matt; Late night shifts at the hospital, sleeping the day away at my sister and her husbands house; simply trying to please my parents and be what they wanted me to be.

But now, here I was; Matt and I over and done with but I was still a member of the All Time Low crew. I honestly wanted nothing more than to go home. I didn't want to be here. Not when things with Matt were left off so badly.

"I think I should just go home, Alex." I tell him as I sit on our hotel room bed. It was three days into tour and we already had a day off. Matt had originally said that Alex and I were to be sharing with Rian and Zack and then Jack had a room to himself, saying that no one was allowed to switch. Jack objected before either Alex and I could pipe up and say that Matt's placements weren't fair. After Jack spent ten minutes complaining about not wanting to be alone, Matt agreed to let us have the room alone and Jack with Rian and Zack. So, where we were.

"You are not going home, Sapphire." Alex protests as he rummages through his suitcase that was on the floor. I watch as his long guitarist fingers fumble around with his t-shirts and jeans, unable to control my smile and how attractive he was, even while doing something so simple as that.

"I'm not saying never come back on tour." I start, the smile falling from my face once more. "I just don't think that it's a good idea for me to be on this tour with Matt, and especially not with Angela. Things are still fresh, the wounds haven't closed yet. I should just head on home, help my sister around the house with Ella, and then the next tour I can join you on, when Matt and I aren't still at each others throats, as well as the two of you. And who knows what may be said between Angela and I." I insist. Alex sighs and turns around, halting his search for whatever he wanted in his suitcase. He looks over at me, his brown eyes tired and not full of life like they usually were.

"You have got to stop letting all of this rule your life, Sapphire." He brings his hand up, pinching at the bridge of his nose. I've only ever seen Alex this frustrated when he was writing a song and just couldn't get something right and now the cause of his frustration was me. "I'm mad at Matt too, but he has Angela and I have you so let's all just put it behind us and move on."

"If it were just that simple, Alex, I would. Matt and I just had a very messed end and it hasn't been smoothed out yet. I just don't think that I should be here while it's still weird and tense." I tell him. He sighs and crawls across the small distance between us until he rests on his knees in front of me. He takes my hands in his, bringing my knuckles up to his lips, kissing them gently. I stare down at him, smiling softly.

"I need you here, Saph. If you leave, then we might as well cancel this tour." He looks up at me, his hands still grasping mine. "You've done a good job so far at avoiding her, Vinny is acting as a good middle man between the two of you while you work the merch table. Just stick it out for another week or so. If it's still too tense there, you can stop working the merch and just be side stage during shows. You can avoid Matt and Angela. Okay?" I sigh and nod. I hated stressing out Alex like this. He should be having fun and enjoying tour, not dealing with all of the things I was dumping on him.

"I'm sorry, Alex." I say with a sigh. "I'm going to stop focusing on Matt and Angela, it's not fair to you. It's not right of me to be focusing on my ex when I have the sexiest, most charming, sweet boyfriend I could ever ask for. From this moment on, I will not let anything with Matt or Angela get to me." I vow to him, making him break into most genuine smile I've seen on his face all day. "I love you, Alex." He reaches up, pressing his face close to mine, his nose nudging gently with mine.

"And I love you, Sapphire." He closes the distance between us, our breath becoming one in our tangled mouths. He pulls back a second later, the same goofy grin still spread on his face. "I feel like the luckiest man on the planet, being able to call you mine. You are a gift sent from the heavens, my other half, the piece of my soul that I've been missing."

"You know I'm not one to believe the whole soul mate thing, Alex." I start, hurrying on as he takes a breath to say something. "You are starting to convert me to believing though." I confess, making his grin grow.

"You finally agree that we are soul mates? Meant for each other for every second of forever?" He questions, making me smile. I free one of my hands that had still been tangled with his and bring it up to rest on his cheek, feeling the stubble on my finger tips.

"Every second." I whisper down to him before bringing my lips down on his. I feel his smile, and can basically taste his happiness as his tongue sweeps into my mouth. I have no idea why after all these years I'd ever been denying anything about soul mates and other halves when my other half, my missing piece, was there the entire time. The man I could easily see spending forever with, and doing whatever it took to keep that, had been right in front of me and I didn't even notice until it was late enough that it caused a group of friends a lot of unnecessary pain. There was no point in me dwelling on that now though, it was the past and Alex was my future.

The day progressed with Alex and I holed up in our room, cuddling as we watched whatever we could find on the few hotel channels. The guys tried to get us to go out with them but it seemed with this revelation about being soul mates brought Alex and I to the next step in our relationship and we just wanted to enjoy this warm glow that seemed to surround us in peace and just the two of us.

Finally, around nine that night we got hungry and decided to go out to the bar down the street for some wings and beers with the guys and crew and of course Angela. I slid into a pair of jeans and a simple black tank top, letting my hair fall in it's usual simple waves around my shoulders.

"You look beautiful." Alex said as I looked in the mirror, running my hands down the hem of my shirt, smoothing it out. He came up behind me, his left arm wrapping around my stomach, his fingers sprawled across my abdomen. He brings his face down to my neck, using his right hand to push my hair out of his way. I smile at our reflection before Alex bites down on the side of my neck, making me gasp and fall back against his body. That spot. The one spot that only Matt had ever found. Alex had found it. "I found it. Years ago Matt said he found your weak spot on your neck and I have been trying to find it for months." Alex seems so proud of himself.

"Fucking finally you find it. That spot has felt so deprived." I say, pouting. Alex laughs and leans down, biting and kissing at it again. My knees grow weak as I gasp and Alex puts his other arm around me, holding me up and against his body. I can feel the obvious bulge in his jeans against my backside and it turned me on even more. "If this isn't going to go any further, then you should stop." I manage to breathe out, bringing my hands up to dig into his forearms.

"Oh, it's going further." Alex mumbled, giving my neck one final kiss before he pulls away. I pout as he lets me go and reaches in his jeans pocket. I frown at him before I see him pull out his phone. He dials a number and smirks at me as he puts his phone up to his ear. "Dude, we cancel on dinner." With that, he hangs up and tosses his phone onto the bathroom counter. "Now come here." He growls, making me give a very uncharacteristic giggle before I meld myself against his body, our lips finding each others easily. "I've been waiting for this moment since the last time we did it on the bus." He says as he pushes me back towards the bed, both of us toppling down on it.

"Alex, just shut up and make love to me." I tell him, still giggling like a school girl. Alex made me feel high, so happy and full of life. And I hoped this never changed.

"Oh, your wish is so my command." He tells me, his hand going down to my belt and zipper. I knew we wouldn't just be missing dinner tonight, but probably breakfast tomorrow as well. We had some catching up to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, kind of short but it shows the progression of Alex and Sapphire's relationship a touch. Just a few chapters left, guys!

And I'm sorry it's been awhile. I'm currently in Lake Tahoe California for vacation. I went to the Spring Fever Tour in San Francisco and have spent the rest of the week in California. I was also broken up with last week and its hit me hard, I've been with the guy for a year and a half and I was supposed to go stay with him for like a month a few days ago, but oh well. Shit happens and we move on.

I hope you guys like this! I'm sorry if it seems weird or anything, I'm on sleeping medication right now and I took it awhile ago so it's really hittin me hard and I'm not really sure of what I'm saying right now.