Status: COMPLETED!

Do I Turn Out Alright?

Let's Say Goodbye, It's The End

[Sapphire]

Vegas. How to describe our stay in Vegas. We of course had a day off. A day that was spent drinking and gambling from almost the second we woke up, to the second we all passed out. Thankfully, no one got married though Jack did try to get Zack to marry him. Rian stepped up and said he'd marry him but Jack said he wanted Zack and started crying.

I was currently laying in Alex and I's hotel bed, trying to delay the moment until I opened my eyes. I could already tell I was going to have a terrible hangover. I felt Alex's firm body beside me, and his snores in my ear. I slowly peeked my eyes open, groaning at the sunlight. We really should have thought to close the curtains last night.

With my eyes half open, I stumble out of bed, tripping over a pair of my heels on the ground. I grab the curtains and slide them across the bright window, making the room dark and comfortable to open my eyes now. I look around the hotel room, my mouth dropping open. It was a mess.

What looked like all the contents of both Alex and I's suitcases was flung around the room. There were also towels laying around the floor. Also, the main thing I noticed about the room was that in the middle of all the clothes, shoes and towels, was none other that Matt. He was passed out cold, his mouth hanging open. He was dressed in nothing but a pair of sweatpants. What happened there?

I looked down at my own attire, seeing that I was dressed in a pair of Alex's boxers and one of his glamour kills shirts. From the smell of it, it hadn't been a clean one. I look at the bed, seeing Alex wiggling around, obviously noticing that I no longer laid beside him. His hand reached out, finding the bed beside him empty. His eyes slowly open, spotting me in the darkness. He lets out a groan.

"Why are you all the way over there?" He asks, struggling to turn around and sit up. He rubs at his eyes before running a hand through his very mess hair. I smile and make my way over to him, sliding into the warm sheets once more, curling against him as his arm wraps around me.

"We left the curtains open and they just about split my head open." I told him, making him nod. "I don't know if you are aware of this, but there is a Matt passed out on the floor." He laughs.

"Yeah, he came in here when he heard you throwing up. You don't remember?" I frown and shake my head. I don't recall throwing up or seeing Matt at all last night. "What's the last thing you do remember?" I frown, trying to remember my last memory of the night previous.

"I remember... the club and dancing with you and then dancing with Jack. I then remember walking back here but I don't remember actually getting into the room." I say. He nods, unable to control his grin.

"Well, you and I got up here, started making out. Things were going pretty great until you pushed me off and rushed into the bathroom. You started throwing up and crying. Matt heard it in the room next door so he came over and helped me get you dressed into something more comfortable than your dress. You were still crying and kept trying to hug us both, and apologizing for almost ruining our friendship. You also told Matt that I was better in bed and that you couldn't have made a better decision and couldn't wait to spend forever with me. You even asked Matt if he could give me your old engagement ring so I could propose and we could get married." I gasp, my hand coming up to cover my mouth.

"You are lying." I say. "Please tell me you are lying!" He shakes his head, obviously trying not to laugh. "Oh my god. Matt must have been heartbroken." Alex nods.

"He was." I felt so bad. How could I say that to him? And just when things were finally okay between us, this surely ruined that. "After we got you into bed and you passed out, he stayed here and we talked for a bit. He eventually passed out on the floor and I too fell asleep." He explains.

"So why is our stuff tossed all around the room?" I ask, looking at all of our clothes and belongings around the floor. He laughs and shakes his head.

"When we got back to the room, you said you needed to show me something. You couldn't find it though. I still have no idea what it was. You even accused me of already having it, which is why you threw around my stuff as well." I shake my head. Me and excessive drinking obviously do not get along.

"I can't believe I did all of that last night." I mutter, putting my head in my hands.

"And the worst part is.." He trails off, making me shoot my head up. Oh god, there was more? "I still didn't get laid last night." I break into laughter, shaking my head and shoving him a little bit. He laughs too, shaking his head. "I say we kick Matt out and you make up for it."

"Sorry, babe. I love you and all but my pounding headache may stop me from doing anything today." I tell him as I once again slide out of the bed, making him whine. I smile and head into the bathroom, stepping around the still passed out Matt. I hoped I hadn't tossed my makeup bag all over the place. Thankfully, I hadn't. It still sat on the counter, untouched since I did my makeup for the club the night previous. I rummaged around the contents of it until I came across my bottle of advil. I open my palm and pour out four, two for me and two for Alex before tossing the bottle back in my bag. I then grab a class from the counter and fill it, taking my two. "Here, babe." I say, walking back into the bedroom. Alex still sat in the same spot on the bed, but with his phone in his hand now.

"You are the best." He says, taking the pain relievers from me. As he does that, I turn towards Matt.

"I'm gonna wake him up." Alex just nods, going back to his phone. I bend down and nudge Matt's shoulder. He groans but doesn't wake up. "Matt! Wake up!" I yell, nudging him once more. I had forgotten how heavy of a sleeper Matt was when he drank heavily the night before. "Matt!" I slap my hand on his back, making him jump and sit up, looking around.

"Holy shit, what was that for?!" He yelled, rubbing his back. I laughed and stood up.

"You wouldn't wake up, sorry." I go and sit on the edge of the bed while he runs a hand through his messy hair. A long time ago, seeing him all tired, just woken up, running his hands through his hair would have made me swoon but now it was just watching another guy wake up. It did nothing for me.

"What time is it?" He questions. I turn and look at the digital clock on the bedside table.

"Almost 11." I tell him, making him groan. I then stand up, going around him and back to the bathroom to get him some advil as well. I get another glass, filling it and go out to hand it to him.

"Thanks." He says, taking the pills and handing me the glass back when he's done. I take it and the one that Alex and I had used back to the bathroom. "I'm gonna head back to my room. Let's all plan to meet in the lobby at 2, yeah? Everyone's on their own for lunch today." Matt explains as he stands up.

"See ya then, bro." Alex says, finally standing up from the bed. He stretches his arms above his head and I can't help but let my eyes sweep across his body, dressed only in a pair of boxers. Maybe I could make up for him not getting laid last night. I smirk, making him smile back at me, clearly knowing what I was thinking. Matt shifts awkwardly, noticing our moment.

"Bye." He says before rushing from the room.

"So, what was that look for?" Alex asks as he walks slowly across the room, giving me a knowing look.

"What look?" I ask innocently. He rolls his eyes, wrapping his arms around my waist, pulling me against his body. I run my hands up his bare chest, grinning.

"Oh, I think you know." Instead of answering, I reach up on my toes, pressing my lips to his. I kiss him for a few seconds and then pull back, smiling.

"I'm gonna go shower." With that, I turn out of his arm and head into the bathroom, leaving the door wide open as I climb out of Alex's clothes. As I turn the water on, letting it get hot, Alex comes in. His boxers are already gone, making me smirk. He takes my hand and pulls us both into the shower, our lips meeting the same second we get under the steamy water. He pushes me up against the shower wall, the coldness making me gasp.

"Don't think you can tease me like that and get away with it." He says as he moves his lips down to my neck. I giggle and move my head to the side, allowing him more room.

Eventually we were able to actually get to the actual shower part and get cleaned up. It was almost 12:30 by the time we had gotten dressed. Jack came over while I did my hair and makeup and the two of them talked about the night before. Jack also stole some of my advil for his own pounding headache. I was glad that mine wasn't so bad anymore. The hangover was thankfully manageable and wasn't going to slow me down today as I feared.

By the time I was done with my hair and makeup, it was 1 and we decided the three of us would go out to lunch together.

"Where shall we go?" I asked as the three of us stepped out of the hotel. I slid on my sunglasses, the other two doing the same before Alex took my hand.

"Let's get Taco Bell!" Jack yelled, pointing down the street where we could see a little bit of the Taco Bell sign. Alex and I laughed and agreed, leading the way. After lunch, we made it back to the hotel just in time to meet everyone else.

"Anyone else's hangover as bad as mine?" Danny asks, making us all laugh. He had sunglasses on and sat low in a chair, his head leaned back.

"Mine's not too bad actually." I say, making everyone turn to give me a weird look. "What?" I ask, frowning.

"You were like the most drunk out of all of us." Vinny tells me, making them all nod. I pouted and shrugged.

"I'm just more awesome than you guys are, I guess." I tell them. They all laugh and shake their head. Matt then goes over the schedule for the day and we all set off to the venue, way behind schedule. Since we are running late, Matt is freaking out but as always, everything gets done just fine and the show rocks. Soon, the show is over, everything is packed up, and we are on the bus, rolling onto our second to last destination of the tour.

"I can't wait to get home and have some privacy again." Alex mumbles later that night as the two of us lounge in the back of the tour bus. My feet are up in his lap as I lay back, staring at the ceiling. The bus rumbles underneath me. I wasn't really sure why but the constant roar and rock of a tour bus always comforted me. This felt more like home to me than an actual house sometimes. It sure felt more like home than anywhere in California I'd ever lived. Alex's house was a close second though. I couldn't wait to be back there either.

"Yeah, but Rian moves out when we get back." I remind him, pouting. Alex too pouts.

"Maybe we should just tie him up and not let him leave." Alex suggests making me laugh. I kick his stomach lightly and shake my head. He takes my feet in his hands and begins a slow massage of them. It feels so good. "But honestly, I just can't wait to get home and have some time off. Just you and I at our house together. We can go swimming, play with my dogs, I'm gonna take you to the fair, and we can go to the beach. It's gonna be amazing." He mutters, still focusing on my feet. I smile and sit up, taking my feet from his hands and curling into his side. I rest my head on his shoulder, his arm wrapping around me.

"I think that sounds amazing, Alex." I whisper, and it really did sound amazing. It was in that moment that I was completely certain that I had made the best decision I could have ever made. Alex was my soul mate and who I was going to spend forever with.

I spent far too long over thinking soul mates, other halves and all of that stuff. In doing that, I overlooked that who I was meant to be with was right in front of me. Sure, I had three great years with Matt, who was a marvelous boyfriend but my true love was on the side the entire time and if I had just opened up, let myself see that true love did exist, we could have had 3 years together already, rather than just two months.

None of that mattered though. What really mattered now was that right now, and for as long as I lived, I would have Alex at my side. He was mine, and I was his. Just as it should be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sapphire

So guess what guys.
That's it. It's over.

THE END.