Status: if you're reading this then you currently have eyes.

A Prophecy

chapter 26

The next day I woke up early, made some bacon for ben, who had come home far later than I had fallen asleep. And gotten ready to visit James, I wanted to surprise him with breakfast, pancakes and bacon, so I left at around 8.00 to get there nice and early.

At around 8.20 I arrived at the little house that Danny and James shared, I knew that Danny wouldn’t be there seeing as he was still stuck in the hospital. he was getting out today and I couldn’t wait. I opened the house with the key the James had given me about a week ago, even though we didn’t really hang out here much, but I guess Ben’s and mine apartment was nicer, either that or it had just become a habit to stay at Ben’s place since I had started living there.

As I walked in, I heard someone in the kitchen, when I got into the kitchen, I saw a girl making eggs on the stove. I stopped in my tracks and my eyes widened, she turned around and smiled at me “hi! I’m Georgia” I shook my head, remembering Danny tell him that the girl’s name was Georgia “who are you?” I asked, trying to keep my voice pleasant “ I’m James’ girlfriend. you must be the little sister that he was telling me about!” she smiled at me and I noticed what she was wearing, nothing but james’ shirt and a pair of underwear. “yeah. I’m his sister, how long have you and James been, you know..” I asked, annoyance in my tone. Despite this, she smiled “only a few weeks” I nodded and began to walk out “I came to drop off some bacon that he wanted, feel free to use it” I basically threw it on the counter next to her and stormed out.

I couldn’t believe that he would stoop this low. He was the one who had comforted me when Austin had cheated on me, he had told me what a douchebag he was. I couldn’t believe that he would do the same to me, in fact, he was worse. He actually seemed like the greatest boyfriend of all time, what a lie that was.

I stormed to my car and slammed the door shut, I looked up at the house and saw Georgia looking at me through the window with concern on her face. I looked down at my lap, I didn’t blame her, she had no idea why I was so angry, this must be why he had to rush off last night. I started my car and drove to the beach, stopping at a small cliff face and getting out. I sat at the edge and looked down. I thought about what danny had said at the hospital “everyone knows”

I frowned, how could ben hide this from me. I thought he was one of my best friends, that shows how much he cares about me. well he HAS been friends with danny a lot longer, so I guess I don’t blame him entirely. Even though I didn’t blame him, I couldn’t possibly live there anymore.
The shock that had somehow taken a hold of me had begun to fade and the first wave of tears began to fall down my face. I realised that I needed to find a new place to stay.

I didn’t want to go back to my brother’s place, I had already taken advantage of his and Austin’s hospitality. The only other person I could think of was Karolina, even if she lived with sam, it was far better than living with Ben. I dialled her number and waited desperately for her to pick up.

****James’ P.O.V****

I stepped out of the shower and put on a pair of jeans, not bothering with a shirt. I was thinking about dropping past and seeing summer before band practice, I felt bad about leaving her early last night but it had to be done to get to Georgia on time.

I walked into the kitchen and smiled when I saw Georgia making me eggs for breakfast “hey” I chuckled, wrapping her tightly in my arms. She smiled and turned to face me, but I could tell that there was something wrong, “everything okay baby?” I asked, kissing her cheek, a smile on my face. She nodded quickly and I frowned “tell me” I said, “I-I’m fine” she muttered, turning back to her eggs.

I looked next to me to see a plate of bacon and frowned, I definitely hadn’t bought any bacon recently. “where’d the bacon come from?” I asked, she looked at me “your sister was here” she said, I stiffened “she seemed pretty upset, you might want to call her” she advised me.

I nodded and grabbed my phone, dialling my sister’s number. She had just started university, I don’t think she would have the time to visit. She picked up sounding groggy, ‘hello?’ she asked.

“hey little sis” I grinned

“james what the hell do you want this early? You woke me up, you know it’s my day off” she grumbled.

“so you weren’t at my house this morning?” I asked, my palms beginning to sweat.

“what in the hell would I be doing at your house at 8.30 in the morning?” she groaned, “leave me alone, I gotta go sleep” with that she hung up. My eyes widened, who would be at my house bringing me bacon, who said that they were my sister? I shook my head and walked back out to hang out with my girlfriend and forget about what had happened.

***Summer’s P.O.V***

I hung up the phone and hung my head, Karolina said that it was fine to stay with her and Sam, which I was grateful for. As I was thinking this, my phone rang again, I looked down at the caller I.D to see james calling.. I shook my head and pressed decline.

I stood up to go and get myself something to drink, walking to the tiny kiosk on the beachside. I grabbed a can of monster and bought that, sipping on it as I walked slowly down the beach.

I then got another call from james, then one from ben, soon I started getting text messages from all the guys ‘where are you?’ from Sam ‘are you okay?’ from Danny ‘please reply’ from Cameron ‘baby where are you?’ from James ‘fucking answer me right now summer! Everyone’s looking for you!’ from ben.

I shook my head and put my phone away, yawning, I reached a cluster of rocks that looked some what like a cave, sitting on the floor and leaning myself against the rocks. I felt my eyes closing and guessed that I shouldn’t have woken up so early this morning, I slowly closed my eyes and let the darkness take over.

***** 7 hours later*****

My eyes opened and I tried to take in what was happening, I heard waves and kids running around, I also noticed how cold I felt. I sat up and realised that I was at the beach, I noticed that my phone was ringing, remembering what had happened this morning. I scowled and picked it up “hello?” I asked, I knew I sounded angry, but I didn’t really care right now.

“hey kiddo, when are you coming over?” It was Karolina. I smiled slightly and replied “I’m coming over in a few hours”

“are you okay? The guys are all looking for you. I didn’t tell them you were moving in with me. I think I want to know why first”

“I’m sorry Karolina, I’ll tell you later, see you soon” I said, hanging up and putting my phone away, it was 4 in the afternoon and I looked like shit, my hair was everywhere and my eyes were all swollen and red from crying. I was shedding sand as I walked to my car, slamming the door and slamming my head down on the steering wheel in frustration, not looking forward to facing the guys.

****

I drove into the parking lot of my apartment and yawned, getting out of the car and trudging tiredly up the stairs. I opened up the apartment and noticed that it was empty, perfect. I rushed into my room and grabbed my suitcase, throwing my things into it. As I was finishing, the door opened behind me and I froze “Summer. Ashby” I heard ben growl “where. The. Fuck. Have. You. Been?” he said, pausing after each word to attempt to contain his anger. “do you fucking know how worried I’ve been?!” he yelled. I turned around and shook my head at him.

I closed my suitcase and didn’t answer him, I just grabbed my handbag and wheeled my suitcase out of the door. He followed after me, he didn’t seem as angry “where are you going? You have all your stuff packed!” he grabbed my arm “we were calling you” he sounded sad. I didn’t look at him, “let me go ben” I said softly, my voice broken, as I tried to pull my arm from his grip. He simply tightened his grasp “just tell me why!”

“because you kept it from me!” I yelled, finally pulling myself free “how could you not tell me that James was cheating on me!? you knew how cut up I was about Austin, and you still kept this from me!” he was frozen “I just didn’t want to hurt you” he murmured.

“well you didn’t do a good job of it!”

“I’m sorry! Just please don’t leave!”

“save it Ben, I cant deal with this right now” I rushed out the door and slammed it, It was almost seven by now so it was starting to get dark already. I drove to Karolina and sam’s apartment and got out. I left all my stuff in the car and made my way upstairs, I knocked on the door and was surprised when James opened it. his eyes widened and he smiled, pulling me into his arms “baby! Thank god you’re okay! We’ve been looking for you all day” he murmured, pulling me into a kiss. When I didn’t respond or return it, he pulled away and have me a confused look “is everything okay?” he asked. I didn’t answer, but pushed straight past him “baby! What’s wro-oh my god” he stopped in his tracks.

“baby! listen! I can explain. Please!” he grabbed me around the waist and I slapped his hand away. I turned to face him with an icy glare on my face “you know who I feel sorry for? That poor girl who has no idea! How could you treat a girl like that James?!” he stood there and looked at me, not knowing what to say.

I scoffed “I’m giving you time to explain yourself! Go!” I yelled, making Sam and Karolina peek their heads out of the kitchen “what is going on out here?” Karolina asked, looking at James sternly, she knew that James had hurt me in some way by now.

“Summer! We’ve been looking for you all day!” Sam exclaimed. I shook my head “you didn’t tell him I was staying here?” I asked Karolina, she shook her head “I haven’t been around all day” I nodded at her “is it still okay if I stay here?” I asked. She nodded “of course!” she said, “mind showing me my room?” I asked. She nodded and grabbed my hand, leading me into a guest room and shutting the door.

“what happened!?” she asked, sitting me on the bed. My eyes began to water and I looked down “James has been cheating on me, pretty much for our entire relationship” I whispered. Karolina hugged me close to her “sweetie I’m so sorry, but why cant you stay with Ben? don’t get me wrong, I love you being here, but wont ben be upset?” she asked, pulling away from the hug.

I frowned and she looked at me, confused “when Danny was in the hospital, he was all loopy on happy gas, so he kept hitting on me, then James was getting angry so ben took him out to get food to calm him down. While we were alone Danny told me that James was cheating on me with a girl named Georgia, and that everyone knew about it. I thought he was making shit up so I dismissed it. this morning I went to see him and make him breakfast as a thanks for taking me home last night and there was a girl in his kitchen in her underwear, making him breakfast named Georgia. She said she was his girlfriend” I looked down, sobbing lightly, my tears were clouding my vision by now. She shook her head and stood up “so everyone knew, even sam!? I am gonna stab him in the balls!”

She stormed out into the living room and I rushed out after her “Karolina!” I walked into the living room and saw her all in James’ face “and if you ever come near her again I swear I will cut off your dick and feed to my dog!” she yelled, Sam grabbed her “baby calm down, it’s okay”

“AND YOU!” she turned to Sam and glared at him so intensely I thought that her eyes were going to start lasering his face. “how dare you keep this from me! she’s my best friend! If you even try to touch me tonight I am going to walk out that door. I am so angry!” I had never seen Karolina angry until this point, her normal tantrums were nothing compared to this, her voice was coming out all demonic and shit and her fists were clenched, almost as if she was ready to punch one of the guys.

“Karolina” I murmured “it’s fine” she turned to me “come on! We’re going to watch Disney movies and eat chocolate!” she ran into the kitchen, grabbed a bunch of chocolate and stalked past me, dragging me back into the room that I was staying in. there was a plasma screen TV and a whole shelf of movies. She grabbed out princess and the frog and put it in. we sat on the bed and began to watch.

“Summer?” I heard a tentative James ask. I didn’t say anything and he sighed. “okay baby, I’ll call you tomorrow. I love you” with that I heard him walk away. sam didn’t come near us for the rest of the night, I guess he was worried that Karolina was going to make good on her promise to walk away. Karolina and I fell asleep together that night, her comforting me, both of our phones were off as we fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
next chapter! this is a long one :/