‹ Prequel: A Face to Call Home
Sequel: If I Could Fly
Status: Complete; Want more Kaylin and Harry? New sequel coming soon!

Red.

Twelve

“You okay Harry?” I heard her sweet voice ask me softly. “You’ve been unusually silent the last few hours. Did you hit your head or something?” I narrowed my eyes at her slightly before dropping her hand and crossing my arms.

“No, I did not hit my head,” I snapped, causing her lips to twitch downwards slightly.

“Damn, Harry. I’m sorry; you’ve been so moody lately as well. What’s up your ass?” She retorted, placing her hands on her hips with a glare. She looks so cute when she’s pissed off at me. I held back a smile and sighed, running my fingers through my hair.

“I’m sorry, okay?” I apologized, reaching out to grab her waist. She didn’t protest but she didn’t make any move to come closer. “Kay, come on. I’m sorry, I’ve just got a lot on my mind.”

“Well, you should let it go ‘cause we’re in freakin’ Paris for god’s sake!” She shot out at me, thrusting her arms in the air. She was right, I needed to just forget about my worries and be with her.

One hundred percent.

But I couldn’t stop that nagging feeling of fear of rejection. What if she says no and she doesn’t want to spend the rest of her life with me? What if all those times she claimed that she wanted to be with me were just lies? I couldn’t handle another rejection from her. I would… Break. And I know I would because I had come close to it last time.

“Harry, seriously. Come on.” Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts. She took my head in her hands and stared straight into my eyes. “Can we at least enjoy the time we have here please?” I just covered her mouth with mine, hoping that’ll be enough to answer her question. “As much as I would love to stay in all day, I would also love to see the city,” she stated, pulling back and holding my face back when my lips tried to follow hers. A frustrated groan fell from my lips, making her smile in satisfaction.

“Fine, let’s go and get this o– OW! Jesus, woman! Cut back on the violence won’t ya?” I dodged her punch this time making her stomp her foot childishly and storm out of the hotel room. “Kaylin wait!” I shouted after her, grabbing the room key and my wallet and phone. I barely made it to lift, having to slip through the closing doors. She narrowed her eyes at me and crossed her arms. I stood next to her, facing the doors and crossing my arms. “Ow!” I rubbed the tender spot on my arm after she hit me again, gaping at her.

“You deserved it,” she said simply, amusement flickering in her eyes and a smirk creeping onto her beautiful features.

“Seriously, did your dad send you to karate camp or something when you were a kid?” I asked, dropping my hand from the sore spot.

“Something like that,” she mumbled out, not looking at me. “So when do we have to leave?” Her voice louder this time as she spoke. I shrugged lazily, turning my gaze back to the doors of the lift.

“Whenever you want to leave, I guess. I’m in no hurry.”

“Well, my vacation ends January fourth so we could just go back after New Year’s?” I nodded.

“Sure, sounds brilliant.”

“Brilliant, indeed. I’ve never spent my New Year’s outside of the states before and now I get to spend it in Paris with you,” she exclaimed, slipping her hand into mine, entwining our fingers.

“States? But you live in London now…”

“I know, but since I spend the holiday with my family I always end up there.” She paused with a grimace. “Alone.” A frown tugged at my lips but I leaned down and planted a chaste kiss on her lips.

“Well, now you won’t anymore because you’ll be with me every year until we die.” She scrunched up her face.

“You make it sound like I’ll never get tired of you.”

“Because you won’t.” She raised her eyebrows.

“And how can you be so sure of that?”

“Simple. You love me,” I pointed to myself with a grin. “And I’m pretty sure you’ll never be able to resist me.”

“Oh really?” She scoffed out and rolled her eyes. “We’ll see about that.” She jerked her hand from my grasp and crossed her arms again, staring straight ahead. The cute little scowl on her face was turning me on even though I knew she didn’t appreciate my comment. Damn. Before I could even try to change her mind about going out, the doors slid open to the lobby. She pushed her way through the small crowd of people trying to get on the elevator, leaving me behind.

“Kay! Wait!” I yelled, chasing after her to catch up. She was already out the hotel and a few meters down the street before I finally caught up. I managed to step in front of her and stop her. She stopped abruptly before she could crash into my chest like I was hoping she would so it gave me an excuse to hold her. Hell, I don’t need an excuse I could just do it. So I wrapped my arms around her slender waist and pulled her into me. “I’m sorreh love,” I apologized, sticking out my bottom lip in a pout for good measures. Her hands gripped onto my biceps as she glared up at me.

“You should really learn to stop acting like a egotistical jerk. I don’t appreciate it.”

“I know babe, I’m sorry. You just… You bring it out of me sometime and I can’t help it.” She snorted, shaking her head. I grinned, knowing my dimples would make her melt and forgive me.

“Fine.” Told you. “But next time, I’ll kick your ass.” I chuckled before leaning down and brushing my lips against hers.

“We’ll see about that,” I mumbled against her lips before kissing her hard. I heard her whimper softly before pulling back and placing her fingertips on my lips to keep me from kissing her again. She rejected me twice. Twice.

“Paris, Harry.” She reminded me. “We’re in Paris” She emphasized again. “I want to see the city for once and not have your tongue shoved down my throat the whole time.”

“What?” I practically shouted out. “You mean to tell me, you would rather see this boring old city than have my extremely, talented and might I add, delicious tongue in your mouth?”

“Yes, actually I would,” she said, firmly while crossing her arms and narrowing her blue eyes up at me.

“Okay, fine. We’ll go explore the city today if,” I paused, pointing my finger at her lips. “You promise to let explore that sweet mouth of yours tonight.” I watched her cheeks turn a rosy red before she shoved me gently and rolled her eyes.

“You’re absolutely ridiculous, I swear!” I bit back the grin eating at my face and watched her in amusement as ranted about how ridiculous I was being. “Ugh! Wipe that stupid smile off your face right now Harry!” A small low laugh escaped through my lips and she groaned out in frustration before stomping past me to head further down the street. I quickly chased after her, grabbing her waist and pulled her back into my front.

“You’re right, I’m being ridiculous. I’ll stop,” I promised, kissing the little patch of skin showing at the base of her neck. She squirmed against me, trying to free herself but I held her tighter.

“Harry, let go. I actually want to spend my time here in Paris exploring.”

“And so do I,” I said, releasing her but quickly took her hand in mine. “Let’s go.” I tugged her hand gently and she followed me.
[enter]
[enter]
[enter]
[enter]

“I’m gonna get in the shower before we go eat dinner, ‘kay?”

“Alright, but hurry, I’m starving.” She clutched onto her stomach, dropping back onto the bed dramatically. I chuckled dramatic antics and walked into the bathroom.

A few minutes into my shower, I heard her shouting my name repeatedly trying to get me to hurry up. “I’m hurrying!” I stepped out of the shower, reaching for the towel hanging on the rack. I heard a loud thump come from the room and my eyebrows furrowed slightly. “You okay babe?” I called out, wrapping the towel low on my hips. When she didn’t answer, I busted out of the bathroom looking for her. I found her back turned to me, standing at the end of the bed. “Shit, Kay. I thought you got hurt or som–“ I stopped immediately when she turned around holding that little black box open in her hands with wide eyes. I gulped, knowing my eyes matched her wide ones as well. “Kaylin, I–you weren’t–erm, how’d you find that?” I asked nervously, rubbing the back of my neck.

“Your bag fell off the bed and it…” She trailed off, letting her eyes drop from mine to observe the ring. “Harry, why do you have this?” My heart thumped hard against my chest, taking away every chance of breathing normally.

Breathe, Harry. Breathe.

“I um, it’s for my mum?” I mentally cursed myself for sounding so stupid. Of course she knew I was lying now. There was no way to cover this up now. Her aqua eyes met mine and I noticed the amusement flicker quickly across her face.

“Your mom?” She pressed her lips together, holding back a giggle or laugh or whatever it was. “Really, Harry? You got your mother this ring?” I nodded my head stupidly and watched her slip the ring out of its holder, and hold it up to her face. “That’s a shame honestly… ‘Cause this is a really beautiful ring.”

“It is yours,” I blurted out wishing I could just find a way to punch myself in the face right now. I rubbed my hand over my face, sighing heavily. “I mean you weren’t supposed to find that. Now it’s ruined and I’m so stupid for not hiding it better. I just wanted to have one thing perfect, yet I still manage to ruin it.” I stalked across the room, snatching a pair of briefs out of the bag laying on the floor and slipping them on.

“Harry, it’s fine. I honestly don’t care all that mu–“

“But I do!” I interrupted, walking over to her grabbing her upper arms. I took a deep breath before sliding my hands over her smooth arms to her hands to take the box and ring from her. “You deserve the best and I just want you to happy.” She pulled her hands back, sliding the ring back inside and snapping the box shut.

“Harry, you could ask me in an old, disgusting diner with the ugliest old ring and I will still say yes because I love you. I don’t care about everything else, just you. As long as it’s you asking me, then I’m way beyond happy.” She grabbed my hand, turning the palm up and placed the box in the palm then closed my fingers over it.

“Well, in that case…” The corners of my lips lifted and I didn’t fight it this time. I took her hand in mine and kneeled down to the ground as gracefully as I could without falling down and making a fool of myself. “Kaylin,” I started before breathing in and out quickly. “I love you so much, and every minute I spend with you, the harder I fall. I don’t think I could handle another heartbreak from you because I think that would just be the end of me. I want you in my life, forever.” I notice tears filling the brim of her bottom lids. She clutched onto her shirt tightly, balling the material in her fingers on heart. “I want to spend the rest of my life with you. So Kaylin, will you do me the honor and please marry me?” She remained silent while her lips parted, releasing a soft sob. “Kay–“ She cut me off with her lips, clinging onto my body as her lips moved passionately with mine. She gasped softly for air when pulling back with a massive grin on her face, making one appear on my face as well.

“Of course I’ll marry you Harry. You’d be stupid to think I’d say no,” she informed me with a giggle. After I slid the ring onto her finger, she leaned in and pressed a sweet kiss to my lips. “I love you.”

“I love you too.” I pulled back with a massive grin on my face, hers matching mine. "I can't wait until you're Mrs. Styles. I've been waiting for that day for way too long." She threw her head back releasing a loud laugh and then shook her head, smiling.

"You are a special one, that's for sure." She leaned up on her tiptoes and kissed me softly. "But I can't wait either, Mr. Styles."
♠ ♠ ♠
In all honesty, I hate and love this chapter. I hate the way the engagement came on so sudden but at the same time I love how they both act towards each other and I love how Kaylin found the ring.

Anyway, this story is going to end A LOT sooner than expected. Epilogue then it's over :( I'm sorry but I've got so many more ideas whirling around in my brain I want to get one of them started and I still need to start the other stories as well.

I also apologize for not updating till now, I've been busy with finals and research papers but I only have my bio final left and then I'm FREE! ... For three and a half weeks and then it starts all over again :/

Thank you for all those wonderful, fantastic, amazing readers who have continued to read my story and for those who commented as well :) You all make me a very, very happy writer!

I hope to have the epilogue up by the end of next week :)