To Be Born Different.

I'm not alone...

"Nanako-chan, will you take these over to the principal for me?" I lifted my head and looked to see that the teacher was holding up a stack of reports and looking at me expectantly.

"Yes mam'." I got up from my desk and walked over to the large desk at the front of the classroom.

"Thank you so much Nanako-chan, i'm sorry your trying to do your work but i'm interrupting you aren't I? I'm very thankful." My teacher is Miss Izumi, had recently broken her leg from falling out of a tree. God knows why she was climbing a tree!But, even though she can be really clumsy and a bit of an airhead sometimes, she's the only one here who has accepted me. You see, i'm only 12 years old and i'm already in junior-high. The average student would graduate from elementary school at about 13-14 years old. So I could have stayed even just a little longer. Though, because of my amazing academic results, I was bumped up to my first year of junior-high. Everybody here hates me, just because i'm younger, and smarter. Well it's not my fault that their all stupid now is it? That's one of the reasons that i'm keeping this secret. If they were to find out about me, then they would surely hate me further.

"It's really not a problem Miss Izumi." I take the papers from her and walk out of the sliding classroom door. As I begin to walk, I can feel their cold stares against the back of my head.

'If you want to say something about me say it while i'm listening!' I thought as I closed the door behind me. I sighed heavily and continued down the long hallway, towards the principals office. It's quite a small school here at スエナガ (suenaga) junior-high. All seemed quiet as I walked down the long hallway. I was only a couple of meters from the principals office now, and as I walked, I could slowly see two girls standing in the doorway of the principal's office. One of them had short brown hair, and was holding her hand out in front of her, as if she had slammed the door open. The one beside her had light brownish, almost orange hair and 2 rather thick red-ish tips on either side of her head. I couldn't see their faces because they were looking into the office. I was now behind them. The two girls seemed to be staring at something inside the office. I tried to peer through a small gap they had formed from the one on the left slamming the door open. I tried to look but the gap was to narrow.

'DAMN IT! WHY AM I SO SHORT!?' I yelled in my head. I tried to peer over the shoulders of the girls in front of me, to do so I had to stretch on my tip-toes. Though by doing so, I lost my balance and toppled backwards onto my butt.

"OW!" I rubbed my butt without realizing. I stopped after I realized what I was doing and quickly stood up. The reports had now spread themselves across the floor. I began to pick them up. I reached for one that said 'AMARI ICHISARE' when I felt the softness of someone's skin. I looked up to see that the girl with the brown-ish hair and red-ish tips was trying to help me. Before I knew it, I was blushing. I quickly pulled away from her hand and stood up. She picked up the report and stared at me as I picked up the one's behind me. Once I had collected them all, I looked behind me to see that the girl had picked up others I must have missed.

"Here you go." She said in a calm tone. She passed me the student's reports and smiled at me.

"Do you have some business with the Principal? Wait are you even a student here? You look to young to be in Junior-high." She looked at me with curiosity.

"I was going to thank you for helping me pick these up." I patted the side of the large pile of reports and continued. "But now that you have mistaken me for some elementary schooler, I'm not going to bother!" I turned away from her and marched into the principals office.

"Mr. Principal sir? Miss Izumi sent me to give these to you." I spoke from the doorway.

"Yes, thank you Shimazu-san. Just pop them on my desk here." He gestured to a spot on his desk that didn't already have other's reports on it. I walked over and plopped them in the spot he had pointed to. I was about to leave when I noticed that there was someone else here. I quickly turned my head to see a rather cute young girl, probably about 14 years old with a very light shade of brown hair tied in two low, loose pigtails that would fall in front of her shoulders no matter what she did to keep it back. They were tied with cute, little, purple clips and a light purple hair-tie. She was wearing the school uniform, but she was crying, and before I knew it I had noticed to cat-like ears on top of her head, they were the same shade of her hair.

'No way, this can't be a coincidence!?' I thought to myself, someone else with animal like features? Someone else in this horrid mysterious world?' I thought with happiness. 'That means that...'

"I'm not alone..."
♠ ♠ ♠
To be perfectly honest I'm not sure where I want this story to go so i'm just going with the flow. ^^"