Status: work in progress.. will update on weekends.. thanks for reading.

Cross the Line

Alien Attack at the Grocer

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=63270257

The rest of the week flew by like any other normal week. Surprisingly, there wasn't much awkward tension between Alex and I especially after what had happened. We were just hanging out at the canteen for breakfast when Ms. Jackson needed us to drop by the grocer and buy some stuff for the cafe that we will be setting up for Open Day.

We took All Time Low's van to the nearby grocer and started our adventure in the market. For a Saturday afternoon, it was kinda empty. Back in Ireland, this was the usual time where all mothers, maids, butlers, chefs and others went grocery shopping. Not here, I could literally count the total number of people shopping. About..26. We took a look at our shopping list.

Coffee Powder
Cookies
Whipped Cream
Sugar
Strawberries
Blueberries

"Rian, Jack, you two get the berries. Blake and Alex get Whipped Cream and cookies while I'll get sugar and coffee powder. Meet up at this spot in half an hour." Zack told us his strategy. We all did a little group wolf cry then split up.

"Raaaaaaoooooooo" Alex imitated the sound of a roaring engine as he pulled out a trolley. He jumped off the ground and placed his legs on the wheels of the trolley. "Ngggeeeeeek" he made a brake sound. He quickly jumped back onto the ground as he neared a tower of tomato's in a can.

I laughed and yawned at him. "Aww.. is wee little Blakey sleepy? he cooed in a fail Irish accent. I yawned and nodded sleepily. He laughed at me. I rubbed my eyes with the sleeves of my hoodie. While I was blinded by the material of my sleeve, I was suddenly scooped up bridal style.

"Eeep!" I yelped and swatted Alex's shoulder as I peeked up at him. "Put me down!" I ordered as I covered my blushing cheeks with my hands. Alex smirked and dropped me into the shopping cart. "Did you just blush?" he teased. I scoffed at him, "That's so gay! I would never." Yet still my cheeks continue to burn. He laughed it off. "Sure."

"Whatever." I mumbled as he pushed me in the cart down into the cookie aisle. I grabbed some Oreo's and Chips Ahoy while Alex took some Famous Amos. "Good choice." I commented on the cookies he took. He had a smug smile on his face as he replied, "Oreo's.. Nice." We laughed. "Can't go wrong with Oreo's!" I said.

Just then we heard a loud girly scream then a crash coming from the fruit section. Alex and I looked at each other. "Jack." We said at the same time. We grinned and high-5'ed. "You know they say if you sit next to a person long enough.. you're thoughts and opinions would be alike." I said. He chuckled and replied, "No offence.. I would not like to share any of my thoughts with you." I scoffed. "Well, me neither!" I retorted.

We slowly went down the aisle, grabbing a box or two more when I turned around and faced Alex. "So, captain I was think-" I stopped myself and looked behind him. My face filled with horror and disbelief. "What?" he asked and turned around but found nothing. I lifted up my hand and pointed to nothing in particular and feigned a trembling voice. "C-Captain... the.. A-Aliens!"

He got the message, turned around and played along with my little joke. "Turn on battleship mode! Prepare the ion cannons!" he shouted as we started to speed up. I used the tube of Pringles as my weapon and started firing off rounds at our imaginary enemies. "Watch out, Captain! Starboard! Starboard!" I yelled as we made a hard right into the dairy aisle.

"Weeeee!" We shouted as he took off with a running start and did the same trick earlier where he had hung of the back of the trolley. "Watch out!!!" I yelled as we drifted left to evade a stack of little boxes of instant Mac 'n' Cheese. We burst out in laughter as we finally came to a halt in front of the whipped cream section.

I wiped a bead of sweat of my forehead. "Phew.. that was close!" Alex laughed and ruffled my hair. "Thanks for warning me, skipper." I swatted his hand away. "I am not skipper! I'm yer first mate!" I grumbled as I fixed back my hair. While he grabbed a few bottles of whipped cream, I reach down and messed with his hair. Again.

He scoffed at my immaturity as I stuck my tongue out. We laughed again and made our way back to the meeting spot. Zack was already there waiting with his phone in his hand, probably playing Angry Birds. He seems addicted to that game lately. "I could here you guys screaming around the supermarket." Zack said without looking up at us. Alex and I exchanged our immature, grinning faces. "Jack was the loudest!" I defended. "True." Zack agreed with me.

Speak of the devil. Rian and Jack ran to our spot and said, "Let's pay and go! PAY AND GO!" Jack shrieked as he grabbed Zack and Alex and pushed them towards the cashier. We dumped our stuff onto the counter and packed in a rush. For what we were rushing for, I'm still not sure.

Just as we received our change, we heard a voice. "You better get back here and pay for what you've done!" she roared. It was scary. In her striped light green and dark green pants, she was overweight and looked exactly like the 'effective shopper' from Happy Wheels. Google her for a better picture of what she looks like.

"Run!" Jack and Rian screeched as they took off towards the van. We piled into the van and drove off. The woman chasing after our van. "What did you do?!?!?" I laughed at Jack who had his hand clutching his heart in relief. "We knocked over her tower of potatoes. She got so pissed!" Rian explained as he drove. The whole van roared with laughter.

Rian struggled to keep the van on the right side of the road as other cars horned at us. "Well, fuck you too!" Alex screamed at the car and flipped his middle finger at it. We were all like drunk teenagers having the time of our lives. We soon got back into the school and gave our groceries and the money that's left back to Ms. Jackson.

Tomorrow is Open Day. I've got sort of conflicted feelings towards it. I sort of love these kinds of things, and maybe it'll be fun to open a cafe. I once filled in for a friend who was a waitress back in high school, but that's about all the experience I had. That was the positive side.

The negative side was that Hannah would be there. Oh, how I dread to be just in the same room as her, or even breathe the same air. Not only that, something in my guts told me that something will happen tomorrow. I'm not sure good or bad.. but it still worried me.

We'll see tomorrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's sort of short.. it's a filler sort of thingy.. well i hope you enjoy reading and stay tuned for next chapter.
Thanks for reading!
STAY AWESOME!