Status: work in progress.. will update on weekends.. thanks for reading.

Cross the Line

On the loose with heartwarming confessions

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=61083658 (BLAKE)

When I won the competition, I thought our dorm would just get Monday off, the trophy, and a title. I never I thought I would get all these popularity. Not that it was a bad thing, but it ain't good either. Back in high school, I did get a lot of attention. Just not the right kind. I mean... Would you like it if the only reason people knew your name is because it was extremely fun to push me into lockers, trip me, and insult me.

Making my way to Riff's dog house, I had received many high-5's, a lot of bro fists, smiles, 'good jobs!' and a rare slap on the back. I mean.. It's weird Ina nice way.

I looked around the dog house, but Riff was nowhere to be seen. "riff!" I called out. I whistled for him but there wasn't a reply. Until I saw the note taped to the door of the dog house.

'Gone to vet'

Vet? What could have possibly happened to Riff while I was gone? Maybe he ate something bad at the party last night. I sighed and sat down, thinking of all the possibilities and sicknesses that Riff could have.

"BLAKE!!" I heard my name being screamed. Instantly, I recognized Jack's hyper voice. I spotted him running towards me with his arms wide open for a hug. He on Earth could this kid be so hyper all the time.

Once he was close to me, I stepped aside letting him shoot pass me into the bushes. I laughed as I helped him out of the bush. He playfully glared at me as he pushed me into the bush. Luckily I had swift reactions and managed to catch myself before falling.

I heard more laughter as I turned and saw Rian and Zack making their way to me and Jack. "Lovely afternoon ain't it?" Rian said mimicking my accent. I laughed at his miserable failure and replied in a pushy way, "Absolutely brilliant!"

"Where's Riff?" I asked. Jack stomped his feet and complained about what I did to Zack, who just laughed it off. "I think Alex took him to the vet. No worries, nothing serious. Just a check-up." Rian explained. I sighed in relief. I thought something major had happened.

'What shall we do on this lovely day?" Jack asked whilst frolicking around. "Shall we bring Blake around town?" Zack suggested as we made our way to the gates of the school. We all agreed and started to walk and joke all the way down the road where I saw the busy buildings and shops.

We all played a game. Any car that passed us, we have to wave at them like crazy. Jack was the craziest of us all (nothing unusual there). He literally chased the car with his arms open screaming, "Baby, come back! I swear I'll never cheat again." We all busted out in laughter. and there's something about me, that when I laugh.. sometimes I can't stop.

I laughed and laughed till tears formed in my eyes, my stomach hurt like hell, and I was kneeling on the pavement. "Blake, chill!" Rian shook my shoulder. I used my nails and pressed it against my skin so hard it made a mark. It was painful, but it was effective in getting me to stop laughing.

I took a deep breath and calmed myself. Then the guys burst out in laughter at me. Which was a mistake because it made me laugh again. After 10 minutes, we all managed to calm down and entered a shopping mall. We browsed through the clothes section, obviously the men's sides.

Zack bought a pair of dunks, Jack and Rian bought a t-shirt, and I bought myself a new hat. It was a really cool trucker hat with cartoon pictures of The Avengers. Proud of my choice, I walked over to the guys trying to ignore a really cool female shirt that was calling my name.

After that we went to the arcade. I beat Jack and Zack in air hokey, but Zack beat me in the car racing game. Then they stepped on my territory, Time Crisis. It was one of my all time favourite first person shooter games, and I'm known for it. I smirked as a Zack and I started.

I won all the stages, but Zack died halfway. Me, not losing a single bar of health gave my game to Zack. What can I say? I'm the King of Games and a nice person. 2 in 1!

We headed down the road passing by a candy store where Jack went berserk. Can't blame him, that store was really famous. Fulfilling our sweet tooth's, we headed down towards a restaurant and ate late lunch. The sky had turned from sunny to totally black and covered with dark clouds.

We were done eating when I saw a rush of white and black run off in front of the restaurant.

Riff?

What.. The.. Fuck.

I took of running after Riff, what's he doing out here?

ALEX'S POV

"Let's go, buddy!" I said to Riff as I leashed him and led him out the vet. Doc says nothing wrong with him, so I could take him home. Riff whined and growled as he encountered the outside world. He sniffed lamppost, other dogs, growled at cats and barked at cars. Like every normal dog would.

I sighed as I looked up to the sky. It was a dark, Sunday afternoon, no sun, dark clouds, cool wind. Not a perfect day for the beach. Riff suddenly made me think of Blake. The way his face always seems bright even though it was a rainy day. How much heart and soul he put into singing, and how I've been an asshole to him.

It wasn't his fault that he was my roommate, and he did sort of help me out by taking my place in the competition. So why did I still give him the cold shoulder.

Then, the stupid motorcycle passed by. Riff went crazy! He barked and tried to chase him but I held Riff back. But Riff's big body and weight managed to pull me and make me fall face first. then Riff took off.

"Riff!" I shouted but it was too late. I groaned, got up and ran after Riff. God, help me.

I ran and ran till we came to a junction. And crossed on green light. "Riff! Stop!" I heard as I saw Blake shouting after Riff. Blake?

BLAKE'S POV

"Riff!" I shouted it's name but it kept on running. I turned a corner and ran through town, "Riff! Stop!" I screamed as he crossed the road on green light. Fortunately, he crossed the road without any injuries. But unfortunately, it gave him time to run off.

As soon as the road was emptier I ran across the road but a car that had mysteriously appeared hit my right leg. I cried out in pain as I got up and ran after Riff. Ignore the pain... Ignore the pain...

I told myself as I ran after Riff. I finally managed to catch him as he slowed down to sniff a water hydrant. I knelt the down and grabbed his leash. "Riff!" I shouted angrily at him. I smoothed his fur to make sure he had no injuries and sighed in relief as I found none.

I just smoothed his fur as I heard, "Riff!" I turned to see Alex running down and stopping as he saw me. "Blake?" he questioned. "Nope, I'm the genie! I'll grant you 3 wishes!" I replied sarcastically. He smiled and joined me in smoothing Riff's fur.

I called Rian and told him to go back first, and i would explain the story when I got back. I ignored the searing pain in my right leg and limped underneath the umbrella that Alex had got. It had started to rain, so we needed to get back fast. Alex seemed to have noticed me limping and stopped.

He knelt and looked at my leg, he and I winced together as he scolded me, "You stupid boy! Your leg is injured and you don't even say anything!" I winced again as sighed. He squatted on front of me, "Get on!" he demanded. I obeyed as he gave me a piggy back ride.

3RD PERSON POV (So i don;t have to switch between POV's so much)

Blake's cheeks were red as Alex gave her a piggy back ride. All that was running through her mind was, 'Does he know that I'm a girl?' and lots of, 'Fuck.'

"You know when I didn't accept you as my roommate, and was really mean to you.." Alex started as he mustered up some courage to speak. On the other hand, Blake just nodded having no courage to speak. "Sorry." Alex apologized as he hid his pink face. Blake's cheeks flushed a deeper red as he replied, "Apology accepted."

"And for taking my place in the competition, thanks." Alex said again. Blake smiled and said, "No problem. Roommates and friends?" Blake asked as she stuck out her hand to shake. Alex couldn't remove his hands so he did what nobody expected, not even himself.

He leaned his head forward and nudged Blake's hand with his face. "Deal." he mumbled embarrassed by his actions. Blake hod the excited feeling he was getting in her stomach, chest, and heart. She just grinned up at the top of the umbrella.

They soon got home and joined the rest of All Time Low for a little gaming session.

But Alex couldn't get Blake out of his head and vice-versa for Blake.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading! by the way.. I changed the dog's name bcuz rephaim sounds to ancient.

P.S. I know the clothes Blake is wearing is a guy clothes.. bcuz she is pretending to be a guy.. you catch my drift? I'm just worried if you get confused.