Status: work in progress.. will update on weekends.. thanks for reading.

Cross the Line

Brother, let me stay.

http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=61092832

It was Monday, very cool day especially after the heavy rain yesterday. I slipped out of bed wincing at the cut on my leg. It was bandaged up by Alex yesterday. Alex was surprisingly caring last night. Almost as if it was his duty to take care of me. I limped downstairs and changed into my casual clothes.

I sat on the sofa and tried to plan my day. What should I do on this joyous holiday? Hit the beach? Just jam.. stay indoors and play video games? Decisions.. decisions.. Just then Alex rolled out his bed and yawned.

"G'morning! Somebody's feeling orange." Alex slurred, commenting on my orange clothes. I grinned at him, "Morning! Just trying to brighten up the Monday blues!" he laughed and went to do his business in the bathroom. I smiled, that was one of the first nice conversation.. if you exclude the one in the rain where he apologized.

I suddenly had this jumpy feeling in my heart, it increases when I heard him singing 'Remembering Sunday' in the bathroom.I smiled just thinking about it. Wait.. Hold up. I'm suppose yo be thanking him and the leaving, not fall in love with him. Wait.. Hold up for the second time.. I'm not in love with him!

Yeah, that's it. I'm not in love with him.

My phone rang. I jogged over to the desk to pick it up, but froze when I saw the caller ID

'Daniel <3'

Oh.. Fuck. It was my brother. I cleared my throat and picked it up. "Hey, bro!" I answered cheerfully. Hopefully he's just calling to check up on me. "Wazzup, sista!" He greeted with a wacky voice. I still couldn't believe he's a doctor.

I laughed. "What's happening?" I asked. He replied while chuckling, "I just miss my little sister!" I jumped when he said 'sister' and immediately shushed him. Shit. "Sorry, my roommate is sleeping." I murmured. he chuckled again.

"Well, I just called to tell you that I am in California! I'm at the airport. I have a meeting till 3 in the afternoon but after that I'm free! Want to go out?" I was speechless. Daniel's in Cali? Oh.. fuck. He doesn't know that I'm pretending to be a guy at this school. he thinks I'm at another college, studying to become an marine biologist.

"Sis?" he called. I shook out of my trance. "Um.. I'm kinda busy..." I answered but Daniel was persistent, "Fine, we'll meet up for dinner!" I face palmed myself as Alex came out the toilet. 'Who?" he mouthed to me.

'Later' I mouthed to him as I walked towards the desk and said. "Actually I'm free after 3. So we meet up where?" I asked. "Great! I'll pick you up in front of your school! See you there! Love you!" He exclaimed.

"Love you too.." I mumbled and ended the call. I sighed and rubbed my face with my hands. "Who's that?" Alex asked again. I shook my head, "My brother, he wants to see me." His face fell at the word brother. I wonder why..

"Well, I have to see my doctor tonight.. so you can go with your brother." Alex said. I nodded and skated to the nearest wig store. I found a wig that was similar to my old hair, the shopkeeper looked at me weirdly. "Class project." I said to her. She nodded but she still didn't believe me.

It was now 12:00, and had 3 hours left. I skated to the college that he thinks I'm going to and waited in front there. It seemed weird that I waited out there for 3 hours but it gave me time to plan out what I'm going to do and say.

I saw a black car pull up in front of the school and my brother jumped out the car. "Sister!" he greeted me with a hug. "Aren't these clothes... guy's clothes?" he eyed me suspiciously. I grinned at him, "You know I hate girly clothes!" I lightly punched his arm as he laughed.

Daniel had my dad's blonde hair and green eyes, I had my mum's black hair and grey eyes. If you looked at us together, you probably won't be able to tell that we're siblings. We get that a lot.

Daniel took me to the same mall that I went with Rian, Zack and Jack. "How's your studies going?" he asked. I licked my ice-cream and answered carefully, "Going good. Lot's of great friends. I think I'm quite popular!" He laughed and finished his ice cream.

We spent the rest of the day at the arcade, and the bookstore, and the candy store, then left. He was hugging me goodbye until the worst of all possibilities happened

My fucking wig fell off.

He looked at me, shocked, disappointed. Oh, god. "Daniel, I can explain.." I said to him. Did I mention he had my mother's temper?

"For god sake, Blake. Do not tell me you sent with it?" He screamed. I shushed him before he caught anyone's attention. I had told him once about the idea of me pretending to be a boy to get in to Alex's school, but he thought I was joking.

"Daniel, you need to understand-" I tried to say but he was super mad. "Understand? What I understand is that you completely lied to me!" I shrank at his words but nevertheless fought back. "Please let me stay." I whispered, tears stinging my eyes.

"I feel like I belong there. I've made so many new friends, made new adventures. I can't leave. Alex has a sore throat and he can't really sing. I want to see him sing. In front of me. Live. For me. I can't leave without that. Please understand." I said holding back my tears."

He sighed and rubbed his face. "Come 'ere." he said and pulled me in for a hug. "I didn't mean to scream at you. I was just so angry. Promise me, after he gets back singing. You come home. Please." I looked into his sad eyes and nodded. After all, that's what I came for.

He left as I skated back to the school. I didn't go back to the dorm but sat with Riff and cried. "Blake?" I heard a voice. It was Alex. I rubbed the tears from my face and smiled at him. "What's wrong? he asked.

I just laughed lightly and shook my head. "Just miss my brother." He sat next to me and patted my back. "You must really miss him.." he said. I nodded. "He's my world. Besides you, he's one of the reasons of why I'm still alive." he looked confused.

Then I spilled my story. About my dad, about how i get bullied in school, how All Time Low had saved me, and about my necklace.

"So, I'm the reason you're in this school?" He asked. I smiled and replied, "Well, yeah. Well one of them anyway. I wanted my career to be music-related. And your band gave me some sort of hope to carry one and not commit suicide. So, I'm forever grateful." I playfully bowed to him.

We went back into the dorm and called it a night.

------

When I woke up, on Tuesday, I wore my uniform, did all the booby wrapping and walked out to find Alex on his guitar. He was singing, but his voice was hoarse and not as smooth.

"Fuck." he cursed. I felt a pang in my heart he was trying hard to get his voice back. "Don't stress yourself too much. It'll come back when you least expect it." I tried to encourage him,but it didn't work he just sighed and said, "I hope so."

"I'm going first!" I called as I walked out the front door. "Wait!" Alex shouted. I stopped and turned around, his face was locked in shock and nervousness. "Zack invited us to his summer house this weekend.You in?" he asked. "Sure!" I said, grinned at him the left for class.
♠ ♠ ♠
What will happen to Alex's voice? How long will Blake stay?
Thanks for reading!