‹ Prequel: Untitled
Status: comment, favorite, follow me :D...if you wanna

Happy 4th

Director Fury?

I was awoken by the loud pounding on my bedroom door “Sabrina get your ass up and start getting ready…you’re going to miss graduation” it was my mum on the other side of the door. I let out a frustrated groan and placed the pillow over my face, but the next thing I heard made me jump up and out of bed…the six little words that I dreaded “don’t make me get your father.” I slid my feet out from under my blanket and they touched down onto the icy floors below. A chill shot down my spine as I made my way towards the door and I pulled the blankets tighter around my small frame. I unlocked the bedroom door and pulled it open just enough so my mum could see that I was awake…she smiled in victory and pushed open my door all the way so she could come in. She grasped onto my arm and tugged me down into the chair that sat in front of my vanity mirror. I grumbled under my breath as she began winding my long straight hair into tight curls with the curling iron. After she finished with my hair…which took her about two hours due to the thickness and length of my hair we or should I say she proceeded on with doing my make-up. I told her I would be just fine with some mascara and lip gloss, but no she wanted the whole nine yards…fake eye lashes, Smokey eyes, foundation, powder, blush…well you get the point. So, after another hour of poking and prodding my face she moved on to my outfit, and again I would have been fine in jeans and a tee-shirt but no dice…regrettably I was shoved into a full length gown that was better suited for the prom and then I was made to wear a pair of seven inch stiletto heels.

After I was finally finished I stood from my seated position in the chair and I was immediately pulled into a tight hug by my mum. She looked up at me and smiled with tears brimming her eyes prepared to fall at any second “I am so, so, so proud of you baby girl and I love you with every fiber of my being and don’t you ever forget that” she whispered as the tears began to flow. My smile widened and tears pricked my eyes “mum don’t cry…you’ll make me cry and then there goes all that hard work for nothing” she let out a small chuckle. Our warm mother-daughter moment was interrupted by a knock at my bedroom door “come in” I shouted as I dabbed at my eyes with a tissue. I turned around only to come face to face with another set of teary eyes that belonged to my father. He stood by my mum and wrapped his arms around her waist “how did we manage to raise such a lovely young lady” he said as he placed a kiss on my mum’s lips. I shook my head and gave a mock laugh “what do you mean…I was just born this amazingly awesome” a smirk placed firmly on my cherry red lips. My mum scoffed “well you definitely take after your father” she said smiling at my father. We all just laughed as my dad pulled both of us into a hug which my dad and I towered over my mum. After we were done with the sob fest we all headed down stairs for the graduation ceremony.

As I entered the room and made my way towards the stage my heart fluttered in my chest. I was nervous and it showed which was a rare occasion for me because I was never nervous…being nervous could get you killed on the battle field and with me having x-men parents I had to be prepared for anything. My legs trembled as I made my way up the stairs and stood in front of the podium…I took in a couple deep breaths to calm my nerves before I began speaking to my graduating class. The bright lights warmed my face as I looked out upon the audience “my fellow classmates…we did it, it took us years of hard work but we finally did it…” after I finished my valedictorian speech everyone cheered and threw their hats into the air. I was unbelievably happy because not only did I graduate today, but I was also going to be traveling for a year before I would return back to the mansion and take my rightful place next to my mum and dad. Funny thing is…I don’t really know if I want to be a member of the x-men team.

It was the day after graduation and I was packing when my mum and dad approached me. My mum’s eyes were red from crying and she had black eyeliner smudged all around her eyes. I smiled up at them as I stood up from my crouched position on the floor. I wrapped my arms around my mum and pulled her into a hug “you know I’m not going to be gone forever…I will be back eventually” she let out a small chuckle as I released her from my grip. Then I turned my attention towards my father who was being his usual quiet self. His eyes were a little puffy and swollen from crying even though he would swear up and down that he “wasn’t crying” though I know that was just so he could look strong. He pulled me into a tight hug and slipped something flat and square into my hand. I looked down to the new cell phone he had placed in my palm “just in case you ever need us” I couldn’t stop the huge smile from spreading across my face as I pulled him back into the spine crushing hug.

I started down the driveway in my new graduation car that my parents, with a little help from Professor X had purchased me. It was a slick new 2010 black dodge charger. The engine roared to life as I pressed down onto the gas accelerating down the drive way and out onto the main road. After a few hours of driving I ended up in New York City. It was huge, and beautiful…this was my first time ever seeing the city because my parents didn’t like me going anywhere unsupervised. I pulled up in front of a hotel which was located directly across from stark tower…a beautiful building smack dab in the middle of the city, almost like a giant Christmas tree. I stepped out of my car and handed the key to the valet “thank you” I said as I stepped up onto the sidewalk with my entire luggage following behind me on a cart. I headed straight for the counter to get a room for the night “hi…I need a room for the night” the lady behind the counter gave me a warm smile as she typed in some information on the small computer system in front of her before she finally handed me my card key and inquired if I needed any assistance with my luggage. I gave a small smile and told her I would be fine as I hoisted all five of my bags and headed for the elevator.

I felt a small shiver shoot down my spine as I got on the elevator. Something wasn’t right and my body knew it…I always got these ‘feelings’ whenever something bad was about to happen, but I just shrugged it off and made my way towards my bedroom. Once I was in my room and was fully unpacked I plopped down onto my queen sized bed to rest my head for a minute but was startled when I heard a scream pierce the air sending me into hero mode. I lunged out of my bed and slid my x-men skin tight suit on as I exited the small room with my key in hand. I followed my ears to the sound of panicked screams that seemed to be coming from an alleyway. A woman stood cowering in front of a man who held a knife to her throat. She let out another terrified yelp as the man began pressing it against her skin “Hey…” I yelled getting a little bit angry “why don’t you pick on someone your own size” the man snickered as he released the terrified woman and turned towards me. He came at me with the knife and plunged the knife into my shoulder. I let out an irritated sigh “you shouldn’t have done that” I said as I pulled the now bloody knife from my arm. His eyes grew wide as I dropped it to the ground and began growing my nails into sharp talons “w-what a-are y-y-you” I smirked at his now frightened state “me, oh I’m your worst nightmare bub.” I chuckled to myself as those words spilled from my mouth…I was definitely my dad’s daughter, and with one punch and one quick decision my life was about to change. I brought my fist down hard connecting with the man’s face knocking him out cold. I smiled victoriously to myself as I placed a pair of handcuffs around his wrists and hauled him to jail. Little did I know about the pair of eyes that were watching me from afar. I dropped the man on the steps of the closest police station and went back to the hotel I was currently residing in. As I got to my room I noticed something wasn’t right…my door was cracked. I slowly pulled a small gun from my pocket and slid into my room only to come face to face with a tall man. He wore a long black leather trench coat and a black eye patch. He stuck his hand out in front of him for me to shake. I shook in wearily “who are you and what do you want” he just smiled “my names Director Fury and I caught your little performance just a couple minutes ago and I was wondering if you’d be interested in joining my little team.” He paused and waited for my response…I had always heard about him from my parents and had always wanted to meet him…I mean he worked with Captain Fricking America. A huge grin spread across my face as I extended my hand for him to shake “Director you got yourself a deal.”