Status: In Progress :)

A Little More Than A Walk In the Park

Fortune

DELANEY’S POINT OF VIEW

Gena dragged me out of bed, threw clothes at me, and dragged my ass to the mall. “We need to find you a cute dress… you never know, you could meet your Prince Charming tonight” she smiled. Her tight blue dress clung to her body perfectly…. Christ, I wish I looked like that. But, I had a feeling that Gena was going to find a dress that was going to expose more than enough skin for my party tonight.
She grabbed my hand and walked quickly towards Camille La Vie, a super expensive but “so worth it” designer dress store. Gena went to the first rack she spotted and started looking. “Gena” I whispered. “Hmm??” as she continued searching the rack. “I can’t afford these kinds of dresses” I said, as I pulled a price tag out from inside the dress and showed her the price. “Oh, no worries, baby girl. Zee and I have got you covered”. “What?” I began, smiling in disbelief. She nodded, pulling a lime green strapless dress off the rack. “Happy Birthday!” she shouted in the middle of the store. “Shhh!!!” I said. “You’ll attract unnecessary attention”. I grab her arm and pull her towards the checkout counter. People already knew that I was Zacky’s little sister, and I didn’t need them screaming about how much they love him, especially with his wife standing next to me.
”Uh-uh-uh” she said, shaking her head. “I’ve gotta see this on you first”. I huff and take it from her, walking into the changing room. As I slip out of my clothing, I start to think about tonight. Who did the guys invite? I know a lot of Zacky’s buddies, but not all of them. Zacky knows my friends…. maybe he invited them?? But, what wouldn’t leave me mind was what Gena said a few minutes earlier, about a possible Prince Charming. Imagine that? I actually find a guy I like, and he likes me back?!?!
I become excited with this new thought, and start to smile at myself in the mirror. As I finish zipping the dress, I take one last look in the mirror. Damn, I look good. I’ve never said that about myself before. Holy shit. I open the door, and I’m greeted with a smiling Gena, who drops her jaw in awe. “Jesus, girl. You look fuckin’ perfect.. You’ll definitely find Mr. Right tonight” she smiles. “Thanks, G. I like this dress a lot….. is it okay if…??” I look down, kicking at the ground with my converse. “Of course, baby girl! As long as it’s the dress you want” Gena says, wagging her finger at me. “I absolutely love it”.

Let’s see how much this one pays off for me tonight…..

——————————————————————————————————————————————

TURTLE’S POINT OF VIEW

“Tony?” a loud voice calls out from the other side of my curtain. I put my phone down, giving up my hope that Stephanie will call me. She never does. She just leaves. I sit up in my bed, and rub my eyes.
”Yeah, dude?” I call through the curtain, poking it, signaling that it’s okay to open. The curtain moves back, and Jaime’s face peeks in. He smiles at me. “Good morning, sunshine” he jokes. I laugh and push him back, opening the curtains enough for me to jump down. We walk towards the front of the bus, and Jaime turns at the stove, cooking some eggs for himself. “Your cereal is in the fridge” he says, pointing with the spatula towards the mini-bar fridge. “Thanks” I say, patting his back. I turn towards the fridge, and open it when Jaime speaks again.
”So, you ready for the party tonight?” he asks. Shit, I almost forgot. “Yeah, definitely. I haven’t seen the A7X guys in almost a year!” I joke. “Have you ever met Zacky’s sister, Delaney?” he asked, dumping the eggs onto a large plate. I take my oatmeal cereal out of the fridge, and sit down at the table. “No, I don’t think I have. But, it’s her party tonight, right??”. Jaime sits down across from me, shoveling ketchup-covered eggs into his mouth. “Yup. She’s turning 21, and Zacky invited us. So, let’s go, get drunk and dance” Jaime jokes. I laugh, spooning my special cereal into my mouth. “Maybe I wanna talk to some girls” I say playfully.
”Alright, dude. Whatever you say” Jaime says, getting up from the table. I finish my cereal, and promise myself that tonight, I will completely forget about my shit-luck with Stephanie and try to move on. I set a goal for myself: meet at least one genuinely nice and cute girl at this party tonight.

I always get what I want.