Status: Writing

Please Don't Leave Me

That I can live without you but, Without you I'll be miserable at best

David lay there, his condition unchanging. Pierre was losing hope in his boyfriend ever waking up, the thought of switching off the life support machines crossed his mind many a time. He just didn’t have the guts to switch off David. Switching off David meant switching himself off. He couldn’t imagine life without looking at David every day, he couldn’t imagine life knowing he wouldn’t ever see David again. To everyone else, David was gone. He wasn’t coming back, he never would. They all wished Pierre would let go of David, say his goodbyes and be done with it. “Pierre,” David’s younger sister Marie stood at the door. “You need to let go, sweetie. Mom and I already have. We came to say our goodbye’s after you left to go to Chucks last night.” Pierre stared daggers at Marie. “I will not let David go.” He snarled through gritted teeth. “There’s things I never told him, Marie. I need him here. Without David Desrosiers there is no Pierre Bouvier.” He glared at the younger girl, he knew she meant well but he wasn’t in a great mental state to be dealing with people telling him to let David go. “Well, tell him now.” She retaliated. “I would, Marie, but I want him awake when I tell him.” He whispered clasping David’s hand again. “Well, maybe if you weren’t high off your ass when you were driving he’d be safe and sound at home!” She yelled. “THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT, PIERRE BOUVIER! IT’S YOUR FAULT MY BIG BROTHER IS LYING IN A COMA!” She screeched. Pierre winced, he never knew young Marie to reach an octave that high, or to be mad at anyone. “DO YOU NOT THINK I FEEL GUILTY ABOUT ALL THIS?! IT SHOULD BE ME IN THAT HOSPITAL BED NOT DAVID! BUT DON’T THINK FOR ONE SECOND IT’S ALL MY FAULT. IF DAVID HADN’T INTRODUCED ME TO ALL THAT SHIT, WE WOULDN’T BE HERE IN THIS MOMENT RIGHT NOW. AND HIS HOME ISN’T WITH YOU, HIS HOME IS WITH ME IN OUR FLAT WITH OUR LITTLE PUPPY. SO GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE NOW!” Marie took a few steps back, startled. “Wow, Pierre. I didn’t realise you cared that much about him.” She whispered sarcastically. “I love that boy lying hooked up to those machines, if he died-“ Pierre choked on his tears. “If that boy died, I would too. Now that he’s in my life, he’s never leaving.” Pierre sobbed. “Now, I’d appreciate it if you gave me some time with the boy I’m in love with.” Marie scoffed and turned on her heel, walking out of David’s private hospital room. “I’m sorry, I screeched at your sister like that, Davey. She always did infuriate me...”
Pierre sulked into his history class, tired, sore and hung over. He felt like shit, he was positive that he also looked like shit as well.

“Wow,” David winced. “You look like shit.” He giggled. How could he be this hyperactive after last night?

“Thank you sweetie. That’s the best thing to tell your boyfriend after you made him go to a party last night when all he wanted to do was stay in, cuddle up with you and watch a movie.” Pierre sighed rubbing his face with his hands.

“I’m sorry, baby, but I hadn’t partied in so long. I wasn’t passing up this opportunity.” David smile rubbing his hand down Pierre’s back.

“Look at those two faggots.” Someone scoffed. A scowl replaced David’s warm smile.

“What the fuck did you just call us?!” He snapped.

“Nothing, faggots.” David let out and angry roared and ran across to the culprit using that disgusting term. David hadn’t realised that he was beating the crap out of the boy until Pierre pulled him away.

“YOU FUCKING FAGGOT!” The boy screeched as he wiped the blood from his nose. David was furious, he hated that word with a fiery passion. Nothing made him more furious than someone saying the word faggot.

Pierre rushed David out of the class as fast as he could. David was shaking, never once had he hurt someone, but when someone uses the word faggot towards the person David is falling for and himself, nothing would stop him.

“Pierre,” David whispered breathlessly. “I’m sorry.” Pierre pulled his young boyfriend into a tight hug, stroking his thumb down a small part of David’s back.

“It’s okay, sweetheart, honestly. Don’t apologise.” Pierre assured David. “We’ll take you home, you need a rest.” David nodded against his boyfriend’s chest. Pierre grasped David’s hand and let him out of the school, not going to their lockers it would be too risky, they didn’t want to be caught by teachers or fellow students.

Pierre slowly walked David up to his room, once in his room he noticed that more posters had filled the walls. Ranging from Green Day to Marvels ‘The Avengers’. David collapsed on his bed, curling himself into the foetal position.

“David,” Pierre sighed, trying to uncurl his boyfriend. “Come on Davey, talk to me.” Pierre himself was shocked with David’s behaviour, but he didn’t want David tearing himself up over this.

Slowly, David uncurled himself from the foetal position and made his way to the closet that was directly opposite his bed. He bent down and retrieved a money tin.

“David, what’s that?” Pierre whispered, he knew David wouldn’t keep his money in a small tin like that.

“Y-you’ll see,” David stuttered. This was his secret, no one knew about it.

“D-David, i-i-is that drugs?” David nodded.

“My escape, if these don’t work I-I normally..” He trailed off, not finishing his sentence.

“David?” Pierre asked, fear dripping from his voice.

David paid no attention Pierre’s pleas; he knew Pierre didn’t agree with his drug taking. There’s nothing majorly wrong with taking a bit of weed, well other than its illegal...

“Come on Pierre, take a swig.” David giggled. “It’ll make you feel better!” David was stoned, he seemed really happy and not in the natural way.

“No, David. I’m not getting involved with that shit.” Pierre stood up, glaring at his boyfriend. David looked up at Pierre, he gave him the look that always made Pierre cave. “No, David. Not working this time, clean up your act or that’s it, I don’t want a druggy boyfriend.” Pierre walked out of the room as fast as he could, leaving David there, distraught.

“That’s the first time I caught you with drugs, David. It was easy walking away, you knew my feelings for them.” Pierre sighed, remembering that time. His hand still clutched to David’s, he hadn’t let go at all that day, he didn’t want to. The doctors said his condition wasn’t getting any better, they were ready to pull the plug on the young boy. “I’ll never let you go, David. I promise that.”

“Chuck! Wait up!” Pierre called to his friend. Slowly Chuck turned around, looking Pierre in the eyes, a scowl upon his face.

“What do you want?” Chuck snapped. He was annoyed that Pierre and he had barely said two words to each other since David had came on the scene.

“I want to talk to my best friend, is that not allowed?” Pierre smiled, hoping to cheer his friend up.

“Thought David was your best friend, you’ve spent more time with him than me.”

“Chuck, you’re my best friend. I need to talk to you, now.” Pierre snapped, taking Chuck by the arm and pulling him into the boys locker room.

“Chuck, I’m gay.” Pierre whispered. Shocked, Chuck took a step back and looked at him weirdly.

“Y-you’re g-gay?” He stuttered. Pierre nodded softly, he dropped his head shamefully.

“You seem like the straightest guy out there!” Chuck laughed. “Don’t worry, man. You’re secrets safe with me. So what’s this gotta do with David?” He asked curiously.

“Uhm, David’s my uhm, boyfriend.” Pierre sighed, rubbing the back of his neck. “We’ve been together for about 3 months...”

Chuck laughed, shaking his head. He pulled Pierre into a hug, slapping his back.

“You’re my best friend, Pierre.”

“You’re mine too.” Pierre replied. “You always will be.”

The two boys went to eat lunch in the cafeteria together, they were hungry. Throughout the rest of the day Chuck treated Pierre no differently. He really was one of the greatest friends someone could have.

“David, I’m gonna tell mom and dad. I need to come out...” Pierre whispered to his boyfriend. David looked up at the elder, a beaming smile on his face.

“Really?! You’re not gonna back out this time?!” David asked curiously.

“Nope, because you’ll be there to stop me.” Pierre smiled. David nodded, he knew how scared Pierre was after all David had been there himself.

“You’ll be fine, sweetheart.” He reassured his elder boyfriend. Pierre felt safe with David, he knew that David would never hurt him. Never.

Slowly the boys made their way towards Pierre’s house Pierre becoming more nervous by the second. They walked up the path towards Pierre’s house, Pierre starting to shake. His parents weren’t overly fond of people of LGBT, they tolerated them, he just didn’t know how they would take their youngest son being gay.

Pierre stopped just outside of the lounge door, the nerves getting the better of him.

“Come on, Pie. You can do this.”

Pierre nodded, opening the door softly. No going back now, Pierre.

“M-mom, D-dad, I need to talk to you.” He whispered his voice shaking.

“Yes, sweetie?” His mother replied curiously.

“I-I’m gay.”

Pierre’s parents just looked at him, his mother unsure what to say.

“Well, Pierre, that’s okay. You’re our son we’ll love you no matter what.” Mr. Bouvier answered. He knew his parents were slightly uncomfortable with the news, but they accepted him that’s all that mattered.

“You’re fine with it?” He asked unsure.

“Of course, Pierre! You’re our baby boy, of course we’re fine with it.” His Mom smiled assuring Pierre of his doubts. “I take it David here is your boyfriend?” She asked curiously.

“Yes, I am Mrs, Bouvier.” He smiled.

“Well you treat my boy well, you hear me?” David nodded quickly, fear painted on his face. The Bouvier household burst out laughing at David’s fear.

“Aw Davey.” Pierre laughed.

“Now off you go, let me watch my TV!” Mrs. Bouvier laughed.

The two hurried up to Pierre’s room and spent a good few hours laughing together and doing things normal couples do.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title credit; Miserable At Best - Mayday Parade

Sorry for not updating in a while, my internet was shut off two weeks early, then I moved house (I had to sort the new house etc) and finally I've had my prelims (preliminary exams, or mocks. The SQA are weird...) so I will try and update more!

Comments are nice!