Status: This is my short story I wrote for a class. Hope you like it. It isn't smut by the way.

Rayne

Under the Boardwalk

My day begins like no other. I’m awake by 11 AM. Usually it is sooner, much sooner, on a school day.
It’s summertime though. June is such a great month in California.

I shower quickly; throw on a sundress and sandals and head downstairs. I see my dad sitting at the dining room table reading the paper “Hey pumpkin, where you going?” I walk over and give him a kiss on his forehead

“I’m going to go to the beach today. I may meet up with Jackie.”

He smiles at me and says “Alright, behave and be back before dark.”
I head out and no sooner had I closed the door did I feel a vibration in my pocket. I take my cell phone out and read “hey, lets meet up. were on the beach.” It’s my best friend Jackie, she is so dependent sometimes. I reply “Ok. where at?” I make it to the sidewalk and see she texts back “under the boardwalk.” I reply “kk”

I’d have to say Huntington Beach is one of my favorite places to be and live. I've been here my whole life. It has the best scenery, music, and all around good people.
I walk past my favorite Mexican restaurant. My father had been taking me there for years since I was 7. I see people enjoying their lunches as I walk by.

It is quite a ways from my house to the beach, at least 15 minutes. I enjoy the walks though. I get exercise and see people I may or may not know. The types of houses do change as I reach the beach. In the distance I can see Jackie waving me down. She isn't alone either; I forgot she wrote ‘were on the beach’. Text lingo is hard to read sometimes. Todd and Maria are with her. They weren't really my friends, I consider Jackie my only true friend. She’s a social butterfly, always has been always will be.

“Hey Sam! Look what I brought!” Jackie pulls out a medium sized bottle of Jack Daniels.

I scoff “I thought we’re going to do more than drink your brother’s alcohol today?” So that is why the lush Todd and Maria came along. She ignores my comment and we make our way to underneath the boardwalk.
We sit laughing, they drink the Jack and I take fake swigs of it.
“So, now that we are going to be seniors, has anyone thought about what they want to do after high school?” Todd says as he passes the bottle to me.

Maria pipes up “ I've known forever; Marine biologist.” Even though she is a partier, she is very smart and would do well as a Marine Biologist.

I see Jackie roll her eyes at her. “We know, we know. It’s nice to know somebody has their life figured out!” She then snatches the bottle from my hands. It’s funny that we are talking about what we want to do after high school. I know what I want to do but it isn't realistic.

“Hey guys, I’m going to go for a walk.” I stand up and dust the sand off.

“Do you want me…?”

I cut Jackie off “No I want to be alone, I’m okay. I just want to think.” She shrugs and they all go back to drinking.

I didn't want to drink anyways. I don’t feel like getting wasted and possibly busted for an underager at noon. I really start to ponder about what Todd says as I walk down the along the beach. I think back as far as I can remember.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a short story so there will only be a few chapters. By the way these ~, mean that we are going back in time to a memory from when she was a child. Two of these ~~, mean going to another memory back in time. And when that story ends it has one ~.