Status: This is my short story I wrote for a class. Hope you like it. It isn't smut by the way.

Rayne

Career Changes

~
“So children, we are going to go around the room and tell each other what you want to be when you grow up and why!” Our teacher Mrs. Hahn was always very nice. At that time, I thought I knew what I wanted to be. I was so sure of it.
It’s my kindergarten class in the start of the third week of school. I was already acquainted with a lot of my classmates. I got along great with Jackie Rins. She was nice to me on the first day and we both know what we want to be when we grow up.
Everyone around the room says different careers they want to be in when they reach adulthood; fire fighters, cops, teachers, actors, etc.

Finally it’s my turn. I say “I want to be a nurse because I want to help people and I want to be just like my Aunt Christie. She’s a nurse and she took me to her job once.”

Mrs. Hahn had a smile on her face “That’s great dear! Maybe you and Jackie will work together.” I look over at Jackie and giggle. That is our grand plan.

I wanted to help people get better because I know I will do whatever it takes to help someone who need it.
~
~
“Oh my gosh Sam! You’re getting so big!” My Aunt Christie exclaimed as I run to the nurses’ station.

My mom decided to bring me to see my aunt today. Mom doesn't seem to get along with Christie very much but I love her a lot.

“Auntie!” I scream and jump into her arms. She gave the best hugs, like she really wanted you in her arms.

She gave me a tour around the different patients she cared for, with the patients permission of course. They all seemed to love me and love Christie.
My mom went to the cafeteria during the time I was with Aunt Christie. But it was time to leave so Christie brought me to mom.

“It’s about time. We really need to go.” My mom says and grabs my hand.

“Bring her around again sometime sissy, and maybe invite me over sometime because you never do.” Christie says sourly.

“We’ll see.” My mom says, and I know when she says this it usually means no. We walk out, and I wave to Christie and she smiles and waves back.
~
I laugh at this memory as I walk along the beach. My feet slightly are slightly in the water, and I stare out into the ocean. I can see people surfing, swimming, boogey boarding. It is a great day for that. The beach is filled with quite a few people. Must be a hundred people or so.

I say out loud to myself about my silly little memory of myself as a child “Well that’s what I wanted to be at 5. I changed my mind almost every year.”
~
I had looked up to Mrs. Richards. She was and still is my favorite teacher. I stayed in during recess once to finish my homework; I also had a surprise for Mrs. Richards today. I go to Huntington Seacliff Elementary school. This was her first year teaching 1st graders and she did everything right; she gave us candy, and asked us our favorite things. I told her my favorite color was purple and my favorite place to be was the beach.
Before I came to class today, I made a poem about Mrs. Richards. I like to write poems and stories, and was hoping she would enjoy it. I didn't want everyone else to see me give it to her, so I waited until recess.

“Hi Mrs. Richards, I made something for you.” I said to her shyly and gave it to her. I watch as she scans the writing. I felt almost as if she would throw it in my face and say it was terrible, but she wasn't like that. It is a predisposition I have about people, that they would hurt me.

“Oh Sam, this is a great poem. I love it! I am going to hang it up for people to see on my desk.” She tapes it to the front of her desk. I’m nervous about my poem hanging up in front of people.

“Okay, I was hoping you’d like it. I tried really hard.” She smiled and gave me a pat on my shoulder. “I’m going to be just like you when I grow up. I want to be a teacher.”

“Well that makes me very happy that I inspire you that much. I think you would make a wonderful teacher Sam Rayne. Just make sure you do well in school okay?” I nod and blush at her comment.

I never used to be this shy, but since my mom died my first grade year things had changed. I remember sitting down at my desk and thinking about how I no longer wanted to be a nurse. My aunt Christie could have saved mom, but if a nurse can’t save someone, how can I; Being faced with many harsh decisions. At least as a teacher everyone will love me as much as I love my teacher Mrs. Richards.
~
I’m now sitting in the sand staring into the ocean. The serene waves calm me in a most strange way; which is another reason I love it here. Who needs therapy when the oceans natural noises can bring a person into an almost comatose state?

One of my favorite bands is from Huntington. My dad used to take me to shows in Anaheim and Corona. I know my mother wouldn't be particularly happy about him bringing me to these rock and metal shows, but they make me feel better about her being gone.
To get over a lot of the pain I turned to playing guitar. My dad supported me playing and my mom didn't really like it. It was hard at first but my dad pushed me. By taking me to metal shows it made me want to play guitar more.

He mostly took me to Chain Reaction. Which is where most great bands start out I've seen shows there before, but none like Avenged Sevenfold’s. The guitarist is what made me want to become great at playing the guitar.