Just You and I, Your Starless Eyes Remain

Chapter 1

this helps me to think all through the night
bright lights that won't kill me now.


The last week of summer was full of the days of remorse; well that is for every one but Alice. Let’s just say Alice was not your typical girl in her public school of New Jersey. No fake blonde hair, no false tan, and no labels. Alice hated the summer. This was a collection of the two hottest months of the year full of no socializing. Well, it’s not like Alice would have been socializing some where if it wasn’t summer. Alice was your typical loner; or at least that’s what the others thought of her. To everyone she was lesser than a shadow. Just an object that could potentially get in the way in the halls. But that was fine to Alice. She almost liked being alone. Of course she would have preferred talking to some people once in a while, but to her, she’d rather have the jocks and the preps not notice her than really antagonize her.

“ughhh, I hate this so much. Thank God it’s almost over” Alice quietly said to herself as she forced the drapes that dressed her window to shut. Alice lived in a dark small house in New Jersey. It wasn’t extravagant or expensive like her class mate’s houses, but to her it was all she needed. It served as a haven, protection from the outside world.

She walked forward, moving in her dimly lit room to her desk. She was an artist; or atleast that’s what her parents used to tell her. But she needed self confidence to believe that. “Every one’s parents think they are special” she had thought to herself a while back. Alice, returning from her thoughts, picked up a charcoal pencil and began to sketch the blazing trees of fall. That was her favorite time of year, fall; when it got colder out, when things were inspiring, and when there were no cheerleaders running around with their big football star boyfriends in bikinis. Yes, fall.

She looked down at her paper and realized she had unconsciously finished her drawing. It looked beautiful; or at least that’s what they would have told her. But they weren’t around any more, and no one in school recognized her ‘talent’. “Talent” she thought to her self. She laughed at her self and quickly dismissed that thought. But it wasn’t just charcoal sketches that she was good at. She was truly a creative person. Photography, writing, painting, music, she had talent in all; talent that went unrecognized.
♠ ♠ ♠
here's the start to my first story. I pretty much finished the second chapter and i think it'l be up later today.
i'd loverr you if i could get some comments on this !