Just You and I, Your Starless Eyes Remain

Chapter 13

Part 13:

“you're running out of places to hide from me”

I heard a car pull up in the drive way.

“Good bye, Guys,” I called to Gerard and the rest of the guys as I checked my self quickly, one last time, in the mirror. I had already explained tonight’s agenda. Gerard was happy that I was finding new friends and, not to mention, getting my mind off of Frank for a little while. I knew, very well, that I should rejoice in finding myself a date on only my second night in this new town; but, to know one else’s knowledge, I don’t think I actually want to forget Frank tonight. I know I shouldn’t think the way I did; but, despite every thing, I still wanted to be with him. I looked into the mirror. I was wearing a black Iron Maiden, Ray liked that, and grey plaid skinny jeans.

The doorbell rang and I raced to the door.

“Bye, Alice,” Gerard, Mikey, Ray, and Bob chimed in from the back room. Frank’s voice was no where to be heard. He was in his room still, from this afternoon after we talked, if you were to call it that. I occasionally heard some guitar chords and I assumed he was practicing.

“Hey Alice,” Burton smiled as I pulled the door open. “Shall we go,” he asked extending his arm out like a gentleman.

“Yes we shall,” I giggled and linked arms. He led me over to his car, a black small car, and opened the door for me. I got in and watched him walk around to his side of the car. He got in and turned to me.

“So, off to the movies. Do you like Say Anything?”

Say Anything; the old 80’s movie with John Cusack. Cusack plays this guy, Lloyd Doppler, who falls in love with this girl. She’s really smart, pretty, and not his type at all. To make this love story complete, he has to win the approval of her father; Typical love story. Yes, it’s a great movie. It’s one of my favorites. But Frank and I shared this movie, all the time. We used to watch this movie as we cuddled on my small couch. And now, every time I heard of this movie I could only think of Frank; pathetic, right? But I’m not in the mood to start crying in the movies, and not because of the movie.

“Could we, uh, maybe do something different?” I turned to Burton. I felt bad, though. I didn’t want to ruin his plans.

“Okay, scratch the movie idea. Have any ideas then?” Burton was so easy to hang out with.

“Yeah, um, how about we walk around the town.”

“Sounds good, they have some nice cafes and stores. There’s a really cool music shop I could show you.”

“Okay, I’m in!” I liked this idea a whole lot better.

He drove off, and five minutes later I found myself pulling into a paring spot. We both got out.

“Here’s the shop,” Burton smiled.

It was a unique little record shop. As we walked in I was greeted by the guy, I’m guessing around 19, behind the counter. There were music posters all around, covering every spot of wall, and endless rows of CDs. A sign hung by the front of the store. I approached it and saw what it said. ”Piercings and Tattoos in the back”

“That’s what I want,” I gestured to the sign. I took Burtons hand and led him to the back.

“You want something?” He questioned my motive for bringing him back there.

“Uhuh,” I nodded and smiled broadly.

“What would you like,” The boy back there asked me. He was sort of tall, at least taller than me. He had messy brown hair and snake bites. He was also covered in tattoos. I couldn’t help but blush, he was amazingly attractive.

“I would like, um, a nose ring,” I smiled and answered spur of the moment.

He sat me down in the back. I smiled, excitedly, as he brought the needle and ring over to me. Burton smiled nervously at me.

“I’ll be fine, silly,” I giggled at Burton’s look.

Five minutes later I was paying for my new piercing. Burton and I headed out the store and continued down the block.

“I really like it,” he smiled.

“And you were nervous,” I laughed.

“Here, you wanna get coffee?” He stopped in front of a small coffee shop, a live band was playing inside.

“Psh, Yeah, I never turn down caffeine,” I laughed. “Besides, the band sounds great.”

We walked in and sat at a table. The local band’s talent poured from the amps. A girl walked over to us.

“Hey, you guys want anything?” She asked, ready to take our order.

“Yeah, two coffees please,” Burton said.

“Okay, I’ll be right back with that.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We finished our coffee and drove home.

“Thanks so much, Burton. I had such a fun night,” I smiled as he pulled up to Gerard’s house.

“No problem, me too,” Burton smiled. I went to open the car door. “Wait, I have a question,” he stopped me.

“Shoot.”

“You don’t remember what happened that night do you?”

“Yesterday, no not really. Why what happened?”

“Well, now I feel silly,” he let out a stifled laugh.

“Why? What happened?” I questionably looked at him.

“You, um, kissed me.” I flushed bright red at that.

“Oh, um, woah, really?” I stammered. The words spilled clumsily from my mouth in embarrassment.

“haha, yeah,” he tried to laugh it off.

“Oh, I’m really sorry, I guess.”

He looked to the floor. “You didn’t mean it.” He answered himself.

“I, uh, I was really bad and, I, um-“

“You like Frank.” He cut me off.

“I-um-No! Of course not!” I shot back at him rather defensively.

“Yeah, you do.” He replied calmly.

“I’m that obvious,” I looked down as I questioned him.

“Hey, I really like hanging out with you. Can we still be friends?”

“Burton, of course we can,” I smiled at him. I gave him a big hug and kissed him on the cheek. “Burton, you’re awesome and I really want to be you’re friend.”

He laughed slightly and softly. “You too,” he responded.

“I’ll talk to you later.” I got out of the car and walked into Gerard’s house. I really did enjoy hanging out with Burton, even if I didn’t like him like that.

I walked down the hall and called hello to every one. I stopped in front of Frank’s closed door.

Now I just had to face Frank.

I lifted my hand nervously and knocked on the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello,

Sorry this took to long to put up, but I'm almost done with the next one too. :D

oh, this is the real chapter 13 (as you can see) the last 13 was just 12 posted twice

xoxojustine!