Just You and I, Your Starless Eyes Remain

chapter 6

been holding on forever,
promise me that when I'm gone you'll kill my enemies


“Well violence is not the answer, Mr. Frank Iero,” I exclaimed. I shifted my head to look up at his beautiful eyes. Right now, I was trying to do anything to distract him from those three words; those three simple words. I knew he didn’t mean it like that. I just didn’t want to get my hopes up, I admitted to myself. In the back of my mind, though, as I was distracting him, I secretly wanted him to say nothing but those words. Those famous last words…

The only reason why I think I feared those words was because I was starting to think that if I said it to him, I’d actually mean it.

“Well,” he nudged me. “Don’t leave me felling stupid! Don’t you have something to say to me?” He nudged me and opened his big eyes wide.

“I love you too.” I rolled my eyes.

“There! See, that wasn’t too hard.” He laughed at me. I looked up at his beautiful features. I suddenly lifted my head off of where it lay on his chest and I picked up one of the pillows scattered amongst the mattress. I smacked him with it.

“Ouch,” Frank whined. “What the hell was that for?” He dramatically started rubbing his shoulder.

“Because, I love you, beautiful,” I giggled.

“I KNEW IT!” He yelled at me; and at that moment my face drained from all normal colors and began to burn red.

“Knew what?” I gulped.

“I KNEW YOU THOUGHT I WAS BEAUTIFUL!” He started laughing and poked me in my side.

“Ouch, you pansy! Stop!” I yelled at Frank. This just made us both laugh even harder.

“Well, I see you’re feeling better.” Frank looked at me. His face became serious and sympathetic.

“I do,” I almost shouted. There was a moment of silence between us. My face grew serious, but soft; and I looked into his eyes. “That’s because I have the most wonderful boy as a best friend.”

He smiled a beautiful half smile; the one you give when your stuck in a bittersweet moment.

“Oh,” I gasped. My eyes grew big.

“What?” Frank began to look at me nervously.

“I FORGOT!” I panicked. “I still have to kick your ass in video games!” I laughed as his face went from concerned, to smiling, to competitive.

“Well, as soon as I beat you, I wont be the one whose being called pansy,” He responded.

We laughed as he reached towards his small TV set and pulled out two game controllers.

“Happy birthday Frank,” I smiled over at him.

He stared at me for the longest time. It wasn’t uncomfortable, at least for me. I was getting lost, yet again, in those hazel eyes.

“Thanks,” he almost whispered.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After 25, yes 25, rounds of intense video game playing, he finally gave up. We decided to agree to disagree on the winners. I swore it was me, he swore it was him. It took another five minutes just to settle our dispute.

“I so kicked your ass, pansy!” I smiled over at him. We were sitting on the floor with freshly brewed cups of coffee in our hands across from each other. I examined the mug I was drinking out of. It was colorful. It seemed to completely contrast the Jersey night outside; but inside the house, it matched our moods well.

“What ever, pansy,” he muttered.

“Excuse me!” I yelled at him dramatically. I reached over and changed my position so that I was sitting on him. I turned my head so that ours were together.

“You know, I never realized before, but,” Frank breathed his hot breathe into my neck. I smelt the strong coffee and hint of cigarettes on his breathe. It was completely intoxicating and I actually thought I would die in ecstasy. “Your eyes, they are brilliant.” He smiled at me; his eyes, examining the details of mine.

“You’re brilliant,” he ended with a whisper. Another one of those breathes of hot air blew onto my neck.

I closed my eyes for just a second, and when I reopened them I swear Frank had filled up the remaining space between up. He put his arm around my waist and pulled me even closer. Quickly the room became quiet and still. I looked into his eyes questionably. I never would have imagined this ever happening. Did some one really like me? This strange, extraordinary boy actually might like me. His eyes were full of longing as he placed his hand up to my face and pulled it in towards his to fill the last amount of room that was left between us. He gently placed his lips onto mine and I felt his body heat me.

He pulled away slowly, leaving me desperate for more. I finally felt it. Something I think I was longing to do ever since I first met Frank in the hall that one day.

He stared at me as he thought. It felt like hours but after only ten seconds he only had one thing to add:

“You have no idea how long I’ve wanted to do that.”
♠ ♠ ♠
this originally was going to be two seperate chapters. It was going to end where Alice said happy birthday, but I didn't want this to be too short. I actually really liked this one. For a while I was afraid to start writing the next chapter, but once I actually started typing it kind of flowed.

I really hope you like this!

xoxo justine!

ohh ps. thanks to every one who has commented and subscribed! you guys make my day.
as always i'd love more comments.

any feedback?