Just You and I, Your Starless Eyes Remain

Chapter 8

you told me this gets harder

Frank’s P.O.V.

The sun fell into the room through the slits in the blinds. I felt the light hit my closed eyes and warm my face. It was morning already, and that meant I had to wake up. I reluctantly counted to three and opened my eyes. There she was; the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. I wanted nothing but to be with her forever, but I knew that would never happen. Not only did she have a lot going on with her, but I knew that she would never like me like that. I mentally hit myself in the head for kissing her last night. I can’t believe I put her into a situation that she probably didn’t want to be in.

I got up to pull a pair of pants on. There she was; this beautiful girl, still in my room. She was sketching something and I immediately got intrigued.

I walked up to her and sat down, giving her a smile.

“You never showed me these.” I was becoming rather interested. Her sketch was so intricate and full of beauty.

“There’s not much to show,” Alice replied.

I stared at her for a short confused moment. I forced my mind to try to think of why she wouldn’t this. I let the memory of her last words linger in the air for a short second before I spoke up again.

“What do you mean by that?” I pressed on, “You’re amazing.” I whispered these two last words in her ear.

At that moment I realized how wrong this was. Here I was, so desperate to kiss her again. I knew I shouldn’t be forcing her into something she didn’t want. I felt my cheeks flood with color, and that only caused embarrassment, which only caused more color. I wished she couldn’t see it; but I knew she could.

I reached over to her face and pulled the stray strand of hair away from her hair. I just couldn’t help it. I cared so much for this girl sitting in front of me. More than she’d ever know. All I wanted to do was to hold her, and to know that every thing would be all right if we were together. But I knew that was not how reality worked. I felt like fate was working against me. I had to blow off this whole thing. I knew it wasn’t what she wanted. I mean, why would she like me?

“Um, about last night,” I forced myself to press these words out.

I desperately wished I didn’t have to do this.

“Uhuh…” Alice added, wanting me to go on.

See, she wanted me to do this. I tried to convince myself of that. I knew that she was not interested in me as anything more than a friend. I was starting to regret bringing this back up.

“Well, I-I’m sorry if that was awkward or anything. I didn’t mean for it to happen or anything…” I couldn’t finish this loudly. It hurt too much to lie to her. All I wanted was to do it again; of course I meant it!

“Oh,” Alice said quietly.

See! I knew it hurt her to remember that. But, it hurt me to forget it. Although it killed me, I couldn’t be selfish. I cared about her so much; I was ready to disregard my feelings for her happiness.

I just wish we could be happy together.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just had to add this in Frank's P.O.V. Im sorry these last two (7 and 8) were so short. They went together though; I just had to break them up.

je t'aime
xoxo justine!

ohh comments? feedback? i already told you guys how much I love you all, but I'll say it again. I appreciate all the comments and subscribers so much!