Just You and I, Your Starless Eyes Remain

Chapter 9

“…well it did”

Back to Alice’s P.O.V.

“Oh, I mean, yeah. I guess, I mean, it’s better if we just forgot it then.” I pressed the words out.

I mean, NO! Frank Anthony Iero, I will never, in my whole life, forget that, my mind protested. Literally, I felt like I was waging a war against myself.

“Yeah…you’re right,” hid brilliant brown eyes wandered around and locked onto the floor. “So, just friends, then,” he asked.

“Yep, just friends, then.” But I love you!

“So, um, do you want to go get breakfast?” Frank asked me. Even though his smile looked a bit forced, he still couldn’t look more beautiful.

“Yeah, sure; where to?” I asked him. His eyes flickered to meet mine, but then retreated back to the floor.

“Oh! I know! Here, it’s a surprise. Follow me, love.” At that moment everything seemed to have returned to normal. Everything from the night before had seemed to have been forgotten; for the moment, at least. I noticed the subtle spark in his eyes had returned.

“Oh, you know how I love surprises, Frank Iero!” Part of me was sarcasm, but the other half actually craved to know what was about to happen.

“I’ll race you to the car!” He shouted as he got up to get a head start.

“You’re on, pansy!” I laughed as I, myself, got up to race.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Fraaaank,” I whined, purposely dragging his name out. “We’ve been driving for 45 minute and your best friend is hungry!”

“I know, love, but we’ll be there soon, I promise!” He moved his eyes from the road to me for a quick second.

“We better be,” I threatened. He giggled at my sad excuse to be intimidating.

“Uhuh,” he began, “Yep, we’re here!” He nearly shouted this.

We pulled up to a quaint diner. It was a cute little brick building that looked family owned, not like the other big chain restaurants that surrounded it. He parked the car and ran around to the other side to open the door for me.

“Well aren’t you polite, Mr. Iero.” As I said this he giggled. Oh, how I love his small little laugh.

Oh no, Alice! You’re admiring him again. You really should stop this! I mentally argued with myself.

We walked into the diner and were seated at a small booth in the back.

“So, Mr. Mysterious,” I mocked. Why did we drive 45 minutes-No!-Almost an hour, just to go to this diner?” I interrogated him. I really was quite curious as to why he picked this particular diner opposed to the rest only five minutes away.

“Well, I would tell you, but that would ruin the surprise left for the rest of the day.”

“Oh, so you’re telling me there’s more, love?” I gave him a questioning look as I raised my eyebrows.

“Mhmm. I would tell you, but if I remember correctly, some one’s hungry. Order first, then I’ll tell you.” He gave me a mysterious look as he said this. I couldn’t help but get more anxious. I hoped the waitress would come quickly to take our order. I couldn’t wait to find out the answer to all of this. As if she had heard my thoughts, the waitress walked over.

“Good morning!” She smiled and said this quite cheerfully, almost too cheerfully at such an early hour of the day. “May I take your order?”

“Oh,” I was surprised. I actually haven’t even opened my menu yet. “Maybe you should go first, Frankie,” he smiled at me and turned to the waitress.

“Hey, um, I’ll take a coffee and French toast, please. Oh, just no bacon.” He smiled over at me. He didn’t even look at the menu either. Woah, this kid was good. I laughed quietly to myself. Okay, my turn to order.

“Hm, well, I’ll have the same thing, please!” I handed the waitress my menu and smiled as she walked over to the kitchen.

“So, come here often Mr. Iero,” I laughed.

“Actually, that’s part of the surprise. Alice, welcome to my old town. I talked to my best friend, Gerard, yesterday before I, well, you know, picked you up…or found you…or…well, you know,” he interrupted himself. “Well, anyways,” he continued. “We, both, were invited to stay at their house for a few days. Their as in him and his brother, Mikey.”

“Oh, wow, cool! But what about-“, before I could finish he interrupted.

“School?” As he asked this, I nodded. “It’s not a problem. My mom’s gonna call us in sick for the week.”

“Really, oh my god, great!” He smiled as he captured my happiness.

Our plated of food were coming. This time a new waitress was bringing them. She stoped mid step as she got close to the table.

“Oh my god, FRANKIE!” The waitress squealed. She was a little taller than I am, with beach blonde hair. She had piercing silver eyes which her purple eyeliner contrasted very nicely. A pink clip held a front piece of her hair back and she had straight across bangs. The rest of her hair was short and choppy.

“Allison?” Frank questioned with a smile. “Woah, I can’t believe you’re here Allison!”

“I can say the same for you, love!” She grinned widely. “Whose this?” She pointed towards me.

“Oh, this is my new friend Alice. Alice, this is Allison.”

“Nice to meet you Ali-“

“Miss!” A customer from a far table called interrupting the waitress.

“I’ll be right back, love.” She smiled at Frank and walked over to the other table.

“Who was that, Frank?” I was thoroughly confused at this point. She seemed to know him so well.

“Oh, she-“ he swallowed, “She’s my old girlfriend.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh, so I finally finished this chapter. It was 11:59 as I wrote those last words on my paper. (I usually don't write things on paper, i usually just type them. But I got hit with an idea while I was in my room so I decided to just write to whole chapter down.

^from last nightXD haha.

well anyways, as usual, i love comments and subscribers :D

xoxojustine!

ps. thank you to every one who has commented already, it makes my day, really, to see what you guys think and to hear your kind words. You guys are more than wonderful.
and also, thanks to every one who has subscribed so far. I have 7 subscribers *woot*!

iloveyouall :)