Status: In progress.

A Promise Binds Me to Her

V

Alexandria had never seen or heard of this forest before; the only word she could use to describe its blackened looks would be dead. The forest itself had died. She looks down at, what she thought, must have once been luscious green grass; it has too has been poisoned, it too had turned black. Another thing that threw Alexandria off was there were no animals, no sign of anything living among the trees. Here and there she could see strange forms of plants or insects, but nothing with the beauty the land once held. She had stopped running the moment she knew that the guards had stopped chasing them, that was also when she started to walk slower and look out for predators.

Snow White watched as her sister slowly prowled through the foreboding forest. She found it amazing how her sister could switch her hunting skills on within the blink of an eye; she also found it amazing how she remembered such skills. Then a thought ran through her mind, it was second nature to her sister. Hunt to protect, not just to live. Sudden memories from her time in Ravenna’s clutches flashed before her; each time Finn would be near; Alexandria would be up at the door watching him, when a girl was brought in or taken away; Alexandria was usually the first to speak and when she heard Snow white crying; she would sing the song their mother had once sang to them. It was a soft sweet lullaby. Snow White had stopped a look of sorrow crossing her face, when out of the blue something snapped nearby her causing her to flee.

Alexandria, however, had not known Snow White had stopped following her and had wandered further forward into the forest. When her ears pricked at the sound of a shrill cry she snapped her head round and searched desperately for her sister,
“Snow White!” she calls looking all round for any sign of movement or even the faint outline of her sisters body, “Snow!” she shouted, she didn't care if something heard her, she cared about her sisters safety, “Sno...!” she began to shout again when the loud crack of a branch and the thud of a body hitting the ground resounded through the forest. It came from not far in the direction she was facing, leaping over large trees that had fallen over and dodging many large lumps that appeared to be, black moss covered, rocks. She finds Snow convulsing on the ground guttural noises leaving her throat; her beautiful blue eyes wide and full of fear.

Alexandria looks around then sees black spores just settling onto the ground nearby some strange looking lumps. She looks over her sister and then crawls over. On further inspection the plants react to her movement and spores shoot out; right into her face, causing her to scream. Her hands flying up and around her face, scratching at it; trying to get rid of the spores. Alexandria scrambles backwards trying to run. Everywhere there are monsters, black shadowy demons and mussel shells growing on the trunks of trees and oozing horrible thick black liquid. They are all trying to get Alexandria and her sister, Alexandria thrashes about swatting away flesh eating butterflies. She looks round in her dazed state she sees them landing on her sister, she grinds her teeth as she hears them gnawing at her flesh. With one last scream and a lunge the butterflies disperse, in her eyes, and she convulses her body curved over her sister in protection.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to messylittleraindrops for recommending my story :) ♥
It means alot to me thank you.
As usual: Comment/Subscribe
~ Katie