The Elf Princess

Chapter One: Where is She?

I waited. And waited. Where is she? I thought impatiently. I checked my watch. She was supposed to have been here a half an hour ago. I began pacing. It was a couple minutes later that I saw her cloaked figure in the woods.

“Alexa,” I murmured.

She wore a cloak that hid her petite frame and was set in earthly tones. It his her fiery red hair and cream colored skin. It did not, however, hide her sapphire eyes from me.

She smiled slightly as she approached me, the moonlight illuminating her face. “Ryan,” she said, grinning at me in a warm way that had my heart fluttering.

I smiled, wrapped an arm around her to pull her closer to me. Her breath got stuck in her throat as my lips trailed down the sensitive skin of her neck and into the gentle curve where it met her shoulder. There. That was where I’d mark her as mine.

I couldn’t, though I so badly wanted to. It was part of many sacrifices I had had to make in order to keep our relationship a secret and her safe.

I grasped her hand in mine and tugged her along to my palace. As Prince Ryan of the Werewolves, I had my own private castle in the outskirts of my kingdom which bordered Elf and Dwarf countries.

“How was your day, my love?” I asked once we had entered the safety of my castle.

She smiled ever so slightly, pulling the hood of the cloak away from her face so that I may see it. “Boring as usual.” She sighed. “My sister has become so spoiled, though, Ryan.”

“What did she do this time?” I asked.

We made our way to the grand staircase that we would climb to the top floor of the castle and down a long corridor to my bedroom.

“She’s demanding so much of our beloved grandmother. After all she has done for us, we truly have no right to ask of anything from her,” my beloved said, frustrated with her sister.

Alexa, my beauty, loved her dear sister, Mia, but lately her older sister had become spoiled with the life of pampering their grandmother had given to them.

I nodded along to what she was saying as she explained to me the tantrum her sister had thrown during breakfast.

“Enough about my day. Ryan, please tell me about yours,” Alexa said, smiling.

So I went on to tell her about the dull details of my day. During this surely extruciating process, we had arrived at my room. She smiled, nodded, and giggled at all the right parts, letting me know that she was thoroughly listening to my boring day.

I smiled. I honestly felt better after talking to my beloved Alexa. I wrapped both arms around her waist as I finished and pushed her against the door, pressing our lips together in an electrifying kiss. Her breath came in short pants as my lips trailed down the soft skin of her neck once more.

The door suddenly flew open, and we fell on the carpeted floor of my bedroom.

She giggled, sitting up on her elbows. “I’m sorry, Ryan, but you were getting ahead of yourself.”

I looked away, ashamed. I was getting a bit too excited.

I just couldn’t help myself anymore. I was in love with this gorgeous creature before me, and I wanted her more than my lungs wanted air.

“I’m sorry, my love,” I said, looking back at her apologetically.

“You are forgiven.”

She yawned, and her eyelids drooped heavily over her eyes, dark eyelashes fanning her cheeks as she tried to keep them open.

“You’re tired,” I stated in a quiet murmur.

She shook her head. “I am fine.”

I looked at her disapprovingly. That was a lie and we both knew it. “Rest,” I said. “I will wake you before dawn.”

She shook her head again. “You’ve been waiting all day for me, Ryan.”

I smiled slightly at her, almost a lopsided smirk because I was tired as well from the long day of running a kingdom. Even if I was not King yet, I still had many kingly duties.

I cradled her in my arms. She rested her head on my chest, her small hands wrapping around my biceps. “You’ll rest tonight, my love.”

She giggled, but it didn’t have its usual perkiness. It was a sleepy sound that vibrated through the air at a distance. “Alright, Ryan, I’ll sleep.”

I grinned in a triumphant way. She tried to break free, but I didn’t allow her permission to. As long as she was here I would hold her in my arms.

I lifted her up, and she wrapped her legs around my waist, letting our a squeak of surprise on her behalf.

“Ryan!”

I had to suppress a moan as our areas were so close together.

“Ryan!” she repeated impatiently.

I opened my eyes tiredly to gaze upon her lovely face. “Yes, my love?”

“Please put me down,” said Alexa in an almost nervous manner.

“My beauty, if I had my way, then your feet would never touch the ground.”

I wasn’t typically this corny with her, but I felt sleep trying to grasp ahold of me.

She smiled tiredly once again and nodded as she laid her head on my shoulder. I carried us to the canopy bed. I laid her down in the center of the queen size bed and crawled in after her.

She smiled up at me and rested her head on my chest.

“Let’s watch some TV,” I murmured, grabbing the remote and beginning to flip randomly through channels. I looked down at her, complete giving up on finding anything good to watch, only to see that my love was asleep. I smiled slightly, and kissed her forehead lovingly.