Vamp Camp

001: The Beginning

I sighed as all of my female classmates gushed around me. The headmistress hugged me into her tightly. I could feel my cheeks warm up and flush red. The awkwardness of the affectionate encounter was whipping through my stomach. I got nervous when I was shown physical affection. I chewed on my lip as she spoke.

"Oooh, we'll miss you so much!" Her voice was filled with so many compassionate emotions that I couldn't really pinpoint which one she was expressing. I could feel my entire face flush red from embarrassment.

"Yeah, I'll miss you too." I muttered. I tried to avoid showing my nervousness that derived from physical affection. I knew that it would offend many too many of the people around me.

My nerves were flopping around in my stomach wildly. The truth was, I would miss this place. Sure, the girls were over-emotional and dramatic, but guys tended to be perverted and rough. Unfortunately, this school did have enough funds to be able to keep up with a student like me. I've never had any problem with the high courses. I hadn't even graduated yet and I was somehow at a higher level than our original Valedictorian.

I wasn't the genius people though I was. I mean sure, I was smart... I also believe that I got lucky.

I sighed, chewing on my lip. My impatience were starting to compete with my nerves. I let her squeeze me until I was so uncomfortable that I felt as though I might puke. I pushed away from the headmistress.

"Don't get all gooey on me." I grumbled. "I wouldn't be leaving if I didn't have to." I said to her.

She gave me a soft look. I would truly miss this place. Especially the headmistress. She was so kind and caring. She was like a second mother to me. Or, at least when I was in school for the year.

I sighed again as I turned as I walked toward the car that waited for me. I was then suddenly spun around. I looked into the face of my underachieving best friend, Kiera. She raised her eyebrow. Her pixie short auburn hair was in a tiny side ponytail. Her deep blue eyes were disbelieving.

"Oh no you don't!" Kiera's expression then turned suspicious, "You weren't going to leave without saying good bye to me were you!?"

I smiled sheepishly. "No Kiera, I wasn't." I assured her.

We hugged for a minute. It was a soft, yet comfortable embrace. She was one of the few whose arms I didn't mind being wrapped around me in a hug. She was one of the few individuals whose physical affection didn't seem to bother me. Maybe it was because she was like my soul sister, or maybe even because we'd grown up together. It didn't seem to matter. I'd had a feeling deep in my gut that this wasn't going to be a completely enjoyable experience.

She let go and pushed me forward. "Now you can go." She said rashly, "And don't you come back without either graduating or a boyfriend, you hear?" She had kept pressing the no-boyfriend issue for a while now. It was irritating...

This time, I started out the gates and to the car waiting for me. I opened the door, threw my bags into the back seat, and stole one last glance at my old school. All of the girls waved back at me frantically. Some of them called out to me. I noticed the headmistress's face in the crowd. She was already letting loose the waterworks. My best friend waved at me confidently.

"Try not to get into any trouble!" Kiera shouted out to me. I felt myself flush red again, as I got in the car. I glanced at her as she winked. I rolled down the window and stuck my middle finger up at her. She only laughed hysterically.

I sighed glumly to myself at the car started to roll away. I would truly miss this place. In fact, as I'd expected, I already missed it. I turned to see the school disappearing in the back window if the car. I felt a pang of regret in my heart. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea... Maybe I wasn't cut out for an all boys school. Even if I didn't want to, I was going to find that out.

I got comfortable. In my pocket, I felt my phone go off. I pulled it out and flipped it open. I softly smiled. Kiera was texting me already. I felt a jolt of emotion fly through my stomach as a tear trickled down my face. I wiped it away, sending a text back and replacing my phone back into my pocket.

It took about half an hour to get to the destination. I looked out the window. It was much larger than I had expected it to be. It was built with the same dark stone that the females' school in which had previously attended. It was about twice the size, and probably held twice as many students as well. This was going to be a chore.

I opened the door, grabbed my suit case, and stepped out. I almost felt overwhelmed. The place was so huge. I froze when I walked up to the gates. Every single boy, within a decently close proximity to me, instantly whipped their heads in my direction. It was as if they hadn't seen a female before.

My legs almost began to turn into jelly as my nerves began to set in. I also hated the spotlight. It was where I was the least comfortable. My stomach did numerous flips as the urge vomit surged through me. I couldn't speed by them to avoid the looks, but at the moment I could get my legs to respond at all. It were as if I was paralyzed from the hips down.

Maybe it was because of my outfit. I had made sure it wasn't too showy. It only consisted of a black curve conforming pencil skirt, a soft rose form-fitting turtle neck, and black flats. I bit my lip as I glanced down at my outfit. I looked back up as my cheeks flushed red. I walked as quickly as I could. I'd avoided the stares of the males that, Kiera would've said, were checking me out. I thought I was going to pass out when I entered.

Every male in the main hall set their sights on me. I froze again. My legs would carry me no further. Their gawking had my face an all new shade of red that I had never even felt before. It was only then that I was saved from becoming an even bigger spectacle.

"Alright, alright- Nothing to see here- Keep it moving." The male voice rang with authority as it echoed through crowds of whispering males. He stepped out of the crowds, shooing them away with the wave of his meaty hands.

The short man looked no taller than I was. He wasn't very lean, in fact he was a bit chubby. His hair was a black color and it was turning grey at parts. I recognized the man as the headmaster of the school. He was the one who was with the director board when they told the female academy that they did not have the funds to continue my education. He was the one who suggested I go here in the first place.

He walked over to me, his face lighting up. "Ah, I should've known that you were the spectacle." He sighed, "It's a pleasure seeing you again Miss Lynne." He lay his hand on my shoulder reassuringly. "Let me direct you to the receptionist."

I nodded gratefully as he lead me through crowds of males. He left me when we'd reached the receptionist's desk. The woman sitting behind it was relatively young. Her hair was golden blonde and pulled back in a neat bun. Her eyes were a milky hazel color. She was reading a magazine and bobbing her head to some sort of beat. She wore bright red lipstick and chewed gum carelessly.

"Um, Miss... Miss?" I hadn't realized that she was wearing ear buds until she went to flip a page. I stared at her blankly. I felt a little embarrassed as irritation started to sink in. I tapped my fingers patiently on the desk to keep my nerve.

She noticed me a minute or two later. She took out her ear buds and asked, "How can I help you?"

"Hello, I'm Amorette Ly-" I wasn't able to utter a full sentence before the lady but me off.

"Oh yes! The new student!" She exclaimed loudly, "How could I forget."

I felt my face flush red once again as the soft chatter around me ceased. Now, every single male's eyes were on me. My rosy shade darkened as she laughed.

She handed me a key. "Alright. This is your dorm key." She instructed, "Unfortunately, we did not have a single dorm in which we could provide for you, so you'll have to share a five room dorm with four other males. I hope that's alright... If you have any problems from them, any at all, you come and see me alright." She smiled a fake smile. It was sickeningly plastic.

The nerves in my stomach jumbled up as the thought of sharing anything with four other guys ran through my mind. I smiled back at her sheepishly as I fought the nerves that pumped throughout my system. Every inch of my mind was screaming danger, danger! Unfortunately, I couldn't say no. I glanced around, avoiding the stares of the gawking boys, and spotted the nearest elevator. I rushed to it and pushed the button to call it.

The doors opened. I stepped in and looked at the dorm number. It was number 754. I pushed the button for the seventh floor. It started to rise after the doors closed. The elevator rose to the second floor in order to allow two male students in. Both had dark hair, but one had maroon streaks. They were tall and intimidating, but they were gorgeous. Almost all of the guys I had seen previously were just as much so.

The two that stepped in were taken aback by me, or so it seemed. My cheeks lightly burned as one of them stood so close to me that our arms touched. It felt off. His skin was cool, even through his jacket. I bit my lip as I contemplated whether or not it would offend him were I to inch away from his cold skin. Then the elevator stopped.

I looked at the door, expecting it to open again. It didn't. I looked at the floors. We weren't on a floor. In fact, we were somewhere in between the third and the fourth floor. I exhaled as I looked at the door, a puzzled expression plastered on my face. I was about to inquire about what had happened when I was roughly pressed against the wall.

My eyes shot up to the eyes of my attacker. They were a startling dark crimson. I was frozen in place. My legs turned to jelly as time slowed. His cool breath was on my face as he brushed his red and black hair out of his face.

"Alex what're you-" The other was cut off by the elevator jerking. "Come on Alexander. You know what Geraldine will do if he finds out about this." The headmaster? Say what!? My mind was frantically trying to piece everything together. What the hell was going on here!?

"Geraldine can kiss my ass." Alexander breathed. "You smell the girl-"

"Xan don't." The other's voice was now grave.

"G-get off." I stuttered meekly. I hadn't realized until now how hard my heart was pounding or how fast. I could feel my entire frame shake underneath his body.

"Shh..." He cooed into my ear. His cool breath gently brushed across my earlobe. I then felt as though I were in a daze. It was as if a haze had fallen over me. I nothing was still as the room spun and my body became weak. I hadn't realized that I was locking eyes with him until his face had become still.

I opened my mouth to speak, but I was unable to utter a word. I was vaguely aware of his hand tracing the curves of my body and up to the collar of my turtle neck. He gripped it and I heard the sound of tearing fabric.

My eyes fell to my shirt. The left half of my chest, the top of my bra, and my bra strap was now visible. I could feel my cheeks flush a delicate rose as nervousness began to grip my stomach again. He gently slid the strap down and tilted my chin up. My heart rate sped as he tilted my chin up. I felt his cool lips press against my jugular, and I began to panic.

My stomach snarled and twisted into knots that would not untangle. I felt the urge to not only get sick but to faint as well. My breathing skyrocketed toward hyperventilation as panic swept over me. I felt my eyes burn as tears welled up, threatening to spill over. My frame shook again causing him to chuckle as he kissed down my neck. As he chuckled he licked back up my neck.

I heard the other sigh as the elevator jerked into movement. "Either hurry up or stop man. The elevator is moving."

"Shut up Demitri." Alexander's voice was harsh but slurred due to my hazed over state of mind.

He pressed his cool lips against the nape of my neck. I let out an shaky whimper. He pulled his lips back and pressed his teeth to my skin. It took a moment for this action to register. When it did, my lip quivered as a pang of fear shot through my chest and into my stomach. My stomach tightened giving me a dark feeling as his teeth applied pressure.

He plunged in as the elevator stopped and the door slid open. I let out a strangled cry as the burning tears spilled down my cheeks.

"Alexander, Stop NOW!" I heard a male voice growl. I almost couldn't hear him over the slurping and gulping. I could feel the blood trickling down my shoulder. My burning tears caused sobs to rip out of my chest. Each fresh sob shoved his fangs even deeper into my neck.

I cried out in pain when a rough sob hit. He was suddenly ripped off of me. His fangs scraped deeply through my shoulder. I screamed out in pain and sobbed into my knees. I held my shoulder and wiped my cheeks with my free hand.

I heard Alexander slam into something outside of the elevator. I could barely hear anything over my pulse pounding in my ears and my sobbing. I was then vaguely aware of something cool beside me as I slid down the wall and onto the floor.

I froze. My stomach knotted and snarled into an even tighter knot as the urge to pass out was even stronger. "Are you alright?" This was a new voice. I whipped my head around to look up at him. My head was spinning but I could see the boy clearly.

He was the most handsome guy I'd ever met. He wasn't just handsome; he was gorgeous. His hair was a brown-black and his eyes a hazel shade of jade. His face was inches from mine and, for a brief moment, I almost forgot all about my stomach and the pain in my neck and shoulder. It almost felt as though time had stopped altogether, as if the world had stopped spinning, or even as if we were the only ones there.

My eyes were glued to his until a pain spasm hit. I cried out in pain grasping at my shoulder.

"Is she okay?" I heard a different male voice speak. The boy next to me looked up at him.

"She will be. We need to get her cleaned up." He lifted me into his arms. I whimpered as I started to panic. My stomach twisted and untwisted over and over again. I could feel his cool skin through his clothes and mine. The cold touch sent my nerves into overdrive. My heart rate sped; I felt as though my heart was going to bust through my chest.

He carried me down the hall and into a room. I barely caught the room number. 754...

I wiped my eyes as I suddenly felt mellow and calm. As if the pain had disappeared; It was weird. Almost as if a haze was dropped on me like it had when I looked into Alexander's eyes. I looked up at his face after wiping my eyes again as he set me on a couch. His touch that brought the calm and ease suddenly left.

The pain hit me like a force. I let out an involuntarily loud whimper. The burn of the pain ripped through my shoulder, unconsciously causing me to double over. A fresh, burning torrent of tears poured down my cheeks. Sobs ripped from my chest, pulling at the wound on my shoulder. The pain was searing as it ripped through me.

I heard him grunt. "Shit... Mathew!" His voice was almost strangled. I could barely hear it over my pulse starting to pound in my ear. I was vaguely aware of the other male entering the room.

"Christ-" He didn't finish. He sounded like he choked. "Damn it..."
♠ ♠ ♠
I was thoroughly enveloped in this chapter. Amorette's social awkwardness was an interesting point of view to look through. I think I find it so interesting because I am much like Amorette in the fact that I do not like the spotlight and often get very nervous when I enter it. I think I may have dramatized her nerves a tad, but I think it adds some personalization to her. I hope others enjoyed reading it as much as I'd enjoyed writing it.