I'll Be Loving You All My Life

Chapter 2.

THE NEXT MORNING...
Gerard's POV


I awoke, Lindsey was still sound asleep. Gage and Isabella were still asleep. I got up and went into the kitchen. I needed coffee. I yawned as the coffee machine started brewing. I stared at it. Soon, I felt arms wrap around my waist. I smiled and turned around. She placed her head into my chest. She felt thinner then yesterday.

“Everything hurts, Gee,” she said.

“I know, baby, I'm going to get you a doctors appointment.”

The coffee pot dinged.

“You want some?” I asked.

She shook her head and sat at the table. I got out a mug and filled it with coffee and fixing it the way I liked it. I sat down across from her. She looked weak, pale and fragile.

“You want something to eat?” I asked.

She shook her head. I sighed. She's been saying no to everything. Thats when I thought of something.

“Lindsey.. Are you bulimic?” I asked.

She looked at me, astonished.

“What! No!” She said.

I blushed and looked down to my coffee. She sighed and muttered a sorry. I nodded.

“I'm going to go back to bed,” she said.

I nodded. She stood up and kissed me. She left the kitchen and went into the bedroom. He called the doctor and made an appointment for today.

TIME ELAPSE

Lindsey and I are getting Isabella ready. I looked over at Lindsey, she stopped. I looked at her.

“Babe, are you okay?” I asked.

She nodded, “Yeah, I just got dizzy.”

“Go sit down, I'll finish getting her ready.”

She nodded and walked out of the room. I finished dressing Isabella.

“Is mommy okay?” She asked.

I sighed, “I hope so, Iz, I hope so.”

I put Isabella down and she ran into the living room. Lindsey was laying on the couch, her arms over her eyes. I knelt down next to her.

“Babe,” I whispered. “Are you okay?”

She looked at me, she had been crying.

“Everything just hurts, Gee,” she said.

“What does?”

“My whole body just aches. I feel weak. I'm getting dizzy and feeling nauseous.”

I nodded, “We'll, lets get you to the doctor.”

She nodded and stood up.

“Mommy, can you carry me?” Isabella asked.

She bit her lip and looked at me. I sighed.

“Izzy, I don't know if she can,” I said. “Mommy is really weak. Do you want me to carry you?”

She frowned and nodded. I picked her up. Gage held onto Lindsey's hand.

“Mom, what's wrong?” I heard him asked.

“We don't know, yet. We are going to the hospital to find out,” I heard her say.

I was still holding Isabella and we got to the car. I bucked her up. Once Gage got to the car, I picked him up and buckled him in. I opened the door for Lindsey. She smiled.

“Thank you, Mr. Way,” she said.

I kissed her, “You're welcome Mrs. Way.”

She got in the car and I closed the door. I went over to the drivers side and got it. Lindsey slowly buckled her seatbelt, and I did mine. I started the car and we were off to the hospital.
~
Once we were at the hospital, Isabella and Gage were poking each other. I laughed. Lindsey was filling out some forms. I placed my hand on her back, she looked up at me and smiled a bit. I could tell she wasn't feeling good. I could feel her bones in her back. I frowned as she turned her head. I felt someone poke my side, I looked over and saw Isabella.

“Daddy! Tell Gage to stop!”

“Gage, whatever you are doing. Stop,” I said.

“But-”

I put my finger up to my lips. He closed his mouth and sat back in his seat. Lindsey stood up and handed the forms to the receptionist. She came back over to me and put her head on my shoulder. I placed my arm around her and held onto her. I kissed the top of her head and rubbed her arm.

“Lindsey Way. The doctor will see you now,” a lady said.

Lindsey and I both stood up. I looked toward Gage and Isabella, they stood up and followed us. We entered the room, Lindsey sat down on the bed, Gage, Isabella and I sat on the chairs. I looked at them.

“Gage, Izzy. Please, be good. If you guys are good, I'll take you guys out for ice cream,” I said.

They smiled and clapped their hands. I heard Lindsey laugh. I looked at her and smiled. When she smiled back, her eyes didn't seem to glow like they used too. The doctor walked in.

“Hello,” he said. “My name is Dr. Craig Swan.”

Lindsey nodded and I stared at him.

“Now, Lindsey, what seems to be the problem?”

“Well, lately, I've been feeling really weak. Everything in my body hurts. And I haven't been eating. I've been getting dizzy and nauseous a lot,” she explained.

The doctor looked concerned as he was writing this down.

“Well, Lindsey..,” he said. “We are going to need to take some blood so we can run some tests. If you give us a few minutes, we can tell you what you have.”

Lindsey nodded. The doctor took out some needles, I cringed. They took a few things of blood and the doctor left without saying another word. Lindsey looked at me, tears in her eyes. I stood up and kissed her.

“Don't cry, my love.”

She sniffed, “Did you see his face when I was telling him that stuff?”

I nodded, she let a tear escape. I gently wiped it off and kissed her forehead.

“Babe, no matter what happens. I will always love you. Forever,” I said.

“And ever,” she said.

I smiled and kissed her lips. I held her hand and looked down. I smiled as I saw her engagement ring and wedding ring. She was mine. And only mine. She followed my gaze and I saw her smile. I heard footsteps.

“I should go sit down,” I said.

Lindsey moved over, “Sit next to me?”

I smiled and sat on the bed. I looked over at Isabella and Gage, they were staring at us. I laughed. I nudged Lindsey, she looked at me. I nodded my head towards them. She looked at them and smiled. She looked back at me and I kissed her.

“Ew!” I heard them say.

I started laughing. So did Lindsey. The door opened and the doctor came in. He didn't look happy. I grabbed Lindsey's hands and awaited the news.

“Lindsey Way, we ran the tests and we found out what was wrong.”

“Wh-what is it?”

“Mrs. Way... You have cancer.”
♠ ♠ ♠
"/
comments? subscriptions?