I'll Be Loving You All My Life

Chapter 5.

Gerard's POV
A FEW DAYS LATER...


Lindsey is finally home, she's relaxing. The doctor told her to relax and not do anything to strenuous. The chemotherapy has made her really drowsy. I'm at work, really stressed.

“Gerard, why don't you take a little vacation,” my boss said.

I just sighed and shook my head, “No, I'm okay.”

“You seriously need to be with your wife, Way. She needs you, and you need her. She can't take care of two children. Take a break.”

“Yeah, okay,” I mumbled.

I handed him my apron, got my stuff together and left the store. My boss was right, I did need a break. I needed to take care of Lindsey.

She needed me, and I needed her. Gage and Isabella needed me. I drove home. Once I entered the door, Gage and Isabella attacked me.

“Daddy! You're home!” Gage shrieked.

I bent down and kissed them both.

“Yeah, I'm gonna be home for a few weeks or so,” I told them.

They smiled, and I stood up. I saw Lindsey come out of the bedroom. I wrapped my arms around her, picked her up and kissed her.

“Hello, my love,” I said.

I placed her down and she smiled at me.

“Hey baby,” she said.

I took a hold of her hands and brought them to my heart.

“Do you feel that?” I asked.

She looked at me, “Yeah, it's your heart.”

“It's only beating for you,” I said.

She smiled, and her eyes started getting glossy. She started laughing to stop the crying.

“Why are you crying?” I asked.

“You are so good to me, Gerard. I can't believe you're mine,” she said.

I smiled and kissed her, “I'm yours, because I love you. With all my fucking heart.”

“Forever?” She said.

“And ever.”

She gave me a big smile and kissed me. I looked around, Gage and Isabella were watching television. Lindsey and I were standing in front of the door. I stared at her.

She would always be my Lindsey. My one and only. I stroked her face and smiled. She closed her eyes for a minute, then opened them. She was tired.

“You're tired,” I said.

She nodded. I looked at the clock, it was almost ten.

“Gage, Izzy. Time for bed,” I said.

They started groaning.

“No groaning. Time for bed,” I said.

They sighed and ran to their bedroom. I smiled and shook my head. I took Lindsey's hand and we went into Gage and Izzy's room. We tucked them in and kissed them good night.

“Night Gage. Night Izzy,” I said.

“Night-night daddy and mommy,” they said.

I shut their light off and closed their door. Lindsey was smiling.

“What are you smiling for?” I asked, smiling.

“Gage and Isabella,” she said. “They are two of the best things that has happened to me. They are miracles.”

I nodded, “Yes, they are.”

Lindsey and I went into our bedroom and laid down. I started rubbing the side of her face. She closed her eyes and smiled.

“Gerard?” She whispered.

“Hmm?”

“Do you really love me?” She asked.

“Of course I do!”

She smiled, “Just checking.”

I laughed silently and kissed her forehead. Her breathing evened out, she was asleep. I stared at her face. She looked so peaceful. I let a few tears fall on my pillow. I closed my eyes and slipped into a dreamless sleep. I awoke and looked at my clock. Six-thirty AM, it said.

I silently sighed, kissed Lindsey's forehead and slowly got out of bed. I was still in my clothes from yesterday; black jeans and a plain gray t-shirt. I checked on Gage and Isabella, still asleep. I felt too lazy to make coffee. Starbucks, maybe? I got a piece of paper off the note pad on the fridge.

My love, I wrote.
Took a walk to Starbucks. I have my phone if you need me.
I love you, my angel.
Forever,
Gerard.


I put the pen down and was just about to pick up the note when Gage came in the kitchen.

“Where are you going, daddy?” He asked, rubbing the sleep out of his eyes.

“I'm taking a walk to get something to drink,” I told him.

He gasped, “Can I come?!”

I smiled and shrugged, “Sure. Go get dressed.”

He smiled and ran into his room. I silently laughed. I picked the pen up, placed it on the
pater and wrote, PS, Took Gage with me. Gage came running out of his room, dressed and ready to go.

I grabbed my phone, keys and wallet off the table and put them in my pocket. Gage got his jacket on, and I slipped mine on. We arrived at Starbucks, Gage wanted a hot chocolate. I got him a small, and got myself a medium vanilla latte. I paid the cashier.

“Do you want to stay here and finish your drink, or do you want to go home?” I asked him, moving out of the other customers way.

“I don't care,” he said, taking a sip of his hot chocolate.

“Let's go home and check on your mom and Izzy.”

“I don't think mommy and Bella are going to be awake,” He said.

We walked out of the door, I took my phone out and checked the time. Eight o-clock AM, it read. Gage was probably right. Lindsey probably wouldn't be up. She usually wakes up between twelve and one-thirty.

“What time does Izzy get up?” I asked.

He thought for a moment then shrugged, “I don't know.”

I smiled and nodded. We got to the apartment, it was quiet. I took my wallet and keys out of my pocket and placed them on the side table.

I finished my latte and went into the kitchen. Lindsey was sitting at the table, looking at the note I wrote her. I sat across from her, the chair made a noise when it went across the linoleum. Lindsey didn't look up.

“Are you okay, baby?” I asked.

She looked up at me and nodded. She put the note down and folded her hands on the table. She looked at me and I looked at her.

“I love you,” I told her.

She smiled, “I love you, too.”

The phone started ringing, Lindsey went to answer it. I heard her say a hello and then scream. I jumped up and went to her, she hung the phone up and looked at me a smile on her face, and tears in her eyes.

“What happened?” I asked.

“Lizi had her baby!” She shrieked.
♠ ♠ ♠
=)))

Sorry for not updating in so long!
Summer is coming up for me soon!(June 13). So once summer starts; hopefully I'll be able to update moreee.

COMMENTS PLEASEEE!? =)
Comments make me smile really big. =)