‹ Prequel: Exchange
Status: A work in progress

Meet You There

Chapter 3: We are the Waiting

I woke up reasonably easily considering I hadn’t exactly fallen asleep so easily, I dragged myself to the kitchen pouring myself a bowl of coco pops and sprawling myself across the couch to watch cartoons. “Morning” Taylor yawned as she sleepily walked to the kitchen to do exactly what I had done 15 minutes earlier when I remembered that someone had persistently tried to call me last night. While I was in my room grabbing my phone I grabbed my laptop and figured it was time to send someone an email.

I opened my laptop up and opened my emails… two new emails… one was some sort of spam and the other was from the person who I intended emailing… Kayleigh.

“Whatcha doing?” Taylor asked, “Checking my emails” I said shrugging, closing my lid. I decided that I would read the email later since I could probably guess what she had written; most likely the usual ‘hey how are you?’ and ‘what’s been happening lately?’ and given the events of last night… probably that Simple Plan would be opening for Green Day.

I picked up my phone and looked at the missed calls, they were all from a landline so I called back, “Good Morning, this is the Four Seasons Hotel, Cherie speaking how may I help you?” a friendly female voice answered, I froze up for a second realising that the calls I had received were from a hotel. “Hi, umm sorry I just had a few missed calls from this number last night” I responded as calmly as I could, “Do you anyone that may be staying with us so that I could put you through to their room?” she kindly asked, well I knew someone who could potentially be staying there but I had no clue if it was in fact where they were staying, let alone that it was him calling. “Sorry no, but thank you though, goodbye” I said politely before hanging up, “What’s up?” Taylor asked as I sat back down, “Missed calls from the four seasons hotel” I said shrugging and then searching through my messages. Whoever it was hadn’t left a voicemail but I had 3 messages telling me that I had 3 missed calls, and one from a number I wasn’t familiar with but which I recognised to be an international number due to the country and state codes.

“Hi, are you free tomorrow? I know I don’t have much of a right to ask that but please just let me know,”

That was all the message said, it could really only be one person well… it could be one of 6 people but I essentially knew who it was.

“Yes”

I replied and decided to get changed, if it was in fact Sebastien, or one of the other boys, they would call me back. I changed into a pair of shorts, a tank top and my black Converse; I didn’t really have plans for today so I figured it would be a lazy day. As I was getting dressed the doorbell rang, I didn’t recall either of us expecting anyone but people did tend to drop in unexpected so it was probably just one of our friends wanting a place to hang out… that’s what I thought until the door opened and I heard a male voice, I sat upright and ran straight out of my room finding two very familiar guys standing just inside the front door.

“PIERRE?!” I yelled a little excitedly giving him a forceful hug, “PAT?!” I yelled hugging him too. “Wow I never thought the day would come when YOU would be excited to see me” he joked, “come in, come in” I urged, “Tay this is Pierre and Patrick, Pierre and Patrick this is Taylor” I said taking care of the introductions, before Taylor disappeared to get changed and I showed the two boys around the apartment.

“So, how did you two find me?” I asked a little astounded at how their stalking skills had grown, usually it was fans stalking the band, not the band stalking fans. “Before we left I spoke to Kayleigh, I still had you’re your parent’s address but I wasn’t sure if you had moved out or not” Pierre explained, ah ha so it had been Kayleigh who had given up my location. “Kayleigh” I muttered rolling my eyes, “yes Kayleigh” they both assured, “wow you’ve got a nice view” Pat exclaimed grabbing his camera out automatically, “I guess you haven’t changed at all” I teased and he took a few photos of me being stupid as I laughed.

“So are you the one staying at the four seasons that called me 3 times last night at 1am?” I asked Pierre, “I called you twice and sent you message” he responded, I definitely hadn’t thought it was Pierre calling last night, “but 1am? REALLY?!” I asked, “Come on your 22 you should have been out partying not sleeping. If I remember correctly you did like to party” he responded, “yeah but after work and a show sleep was calling me” I explained “sorry ‘Mr. I Party all night every night’” I teased, “wait if you only called me twice who else called me?” I asked confused remembering what he had just said. “wasn’t me” Pierre shrugged, “we were all together except for… Sebastien” Patrick trailed off staring at me.

“You know he spotted you last night right?” Pierre said with a smile, “I was standing almost directly in front of him, how could he not” I explained bitterly even though I had hoped it was me that he had really seen, “I TOLD you he was looking at YOU” Taylor said joining our conversation as we sat on the balcony, “oh did you now” said Pierre intrigued by what he had just heard eyeing my off, “Yeah she wouldn’t shut up about it after the show” she said rolling her eyes while I death stared her, “It’s okay as soon as we were off stage he didn’t shut up about you being there” Patrick said jumping back in on the conversation. “Then why isn’t he the one sitting opposite me right now?” I muttered, sadly looking at Pierre, hoping he hadn’t heard me. “Because he doesn’t know we’re here” he whispered, “NOW LETS GO!” he yelled, “go where exactly?” Taylor and I both asked at the same time, “have some fun, you did respond to my message saying you were free” Pierre said poking his tongue out, “oh hey the lead singer thinks I want to hang out with him” I joked, “hey!” he pouted, “its okay Pierre I still love you” I laughed before grabbing my backpack and quickly shoving stuff into it.

“Wait how did you two get here?” I asked when we got down stairs, “taxi” Pierre and Pat both said, “right” I said, “Shall I drive or you want to train it?” asked Taylor, “depends, are we going to end up out later?” I questioned, looking at Pierre. The answer was yes, always yes. If you are with Pierre, no matter what, you will end up out having a good time… which probably involved a few drinks. “Train” Pierre and I both said and then laughed. “So where are we headed to?” I asked when we got to the station, “ahh well we need to go back to the Hotel so wherever that is” Pierre said, “Circular Quay it is then!” Taylor said as we purchased tickets from the machine.

We got off at Circular Quay and walked up to the hotel, “we can wait here” I said quietly when we reached the lobby, “No no, come up with us to get everyone” Pierre said pulling me along. Truth be told… I had butterflies in my stomach, seeing Sebastien play guitar was one thing, but there was 2 metres and a few security guards between us… now I was about to be next to him, talking to him, maybe even hugging him. Honestly, I don’t think I really thought this through because the nerves in my stomach are highly unsettling. “Come on Jess” Tay said pulling my forward into the elevator … I clearly didn’t have much of a choice. Apparently all the boys were on one floor, and since it was still before midday they had all wondered back to their rooms after breakfast.

Pierre pulled Taylor and I into his room which he had been sharing with David while Pat disappeared off to his room. “Is he in here?” I asked Pierre with a grin and he pointed over to the big lump in the bed. “DAVIDDDDDD” I yelled running and jumping on to the bed making him groan and roll over. “what the fuck when did you get here?” he asked confused, “wait am I dreaming” he asked looking at me and then to Pierre and back to me, “JESSIEE” he shout-whispered excitedly hugging me. “When?” “Just now” I answered, “has…?” David asked peering around me to Pierre, “not yet,” he replied, “Go on then” David urged with a smile, “Ah Taylor you stay here, I’ll be right back” Pierre told her with a smile, pushing me towards the door. “Hi there, Taylor right?” I heard David ask, “DAVID STOP BEING SUCH A SLUT” I jokingly yelled making him laugh before Pierre pulled me out the door.

“Pat, I called her last night. But she didn’t answer” I heard Sebastien say uneasily, though the door, “maybe she was asleep?” Patrick offered knowing that that was in fact that truth, “I, I just miss her like crazy and she hasn’t left my mind since I saw her in the crowd” he finished. Truth be told, he hadn’t exactly left my mind either. Pierre knocked on the door and ran back to his room leaving me out in the corridor, the door opened and I there he was, standing right there.

“Gaetan-Jean Sebastien Lefebvre Pepin I miss you like crazy too”
♠ ♠ ♠
so ummm leave me your thoughts and a yeah. thoughts, suggestions, all is welcome :)

thanks for readingggg

title credit goes to Green Day... I thought it was fitting :)