‹ Prequel: Exchange
Status: A work in progress

Meet You There

Chapter 4: You pay him to do that?

“Did you just call me by my full name?” he asked looking at me bewildered, he looked so good. He was just standing there with his mouth half open, probably wondering what the hell I was doing here, his beautiful blue eyes looking directly into mine. “yes” I simply replied, resisting the urge to bury myself in him and in his hug, my heart was racing, head thumping and I think there was a swarm of butterflies in my stomach. “Well then Jessica Anne Sullivan I miss you” he said without missing a beat, he took a step forward and automatically wrapped him arms around me, my face resting on his chest… but we were just friends. Just friends right? That was the plan… these feelings that have come back are definitely not a part of the plan though…

*Seb’s POV*
Jess was standing right in front of me… she had called me by my full name like I was in trouble. And now I was hugging her, I really DID miss her. When I told her that everything came running back to me, this hug felt so right.

*Normal POV*
“I’ll leave you two alone then” Patrick said shuffling past us to get to the door as we broke apart, “no its okay Pat” Sebastien insisted, “We have to meet everyone now anyway, and I need to make sure David isn’t hitting on my friend” I said with a smile, “I need to just grab my wallet then” Sebastien said pulling me back into his room while Pat went over to Pierre’s. “You, you look great” he stammered, “even more amazing than you did last night” he said making me blush, “you don’t look too bad yourself” I said, feeling that my face was still bright red.

“So… how did you know we were here?” Sebastien asked a little confused as we walked our way over to Pierre’s room, “a little birdy told me” I said smirking, looking down at the ground. “A little birdy aye?” he said, and I could tell he was smirking from the way he said it, “does that little birdy happen to be Pierre?” he questioned as we reached Pierre and David’s room, “what makes you say that” I said cheekily with a smile, knocking on the door.

“So how many times has David hit on you already?” I asked Taylor as we entered the room, “Not enough times” David replied winking at me making me laugh. “Tay THIS is Sebastien, Sebastien this is Tay” I said introducing them, “I’ve heard a lot about you” Taylor said with a warm smile, “hopefully only good things?” he questioned looking at me wondering what I could have possibly said about him. “Okay Chuck just said lobby call in…now” Pierre said leading everyone out of the room and down to the lobby.

“Pierre, who did you and David bring with you?” Chuck asked curiously, “Just some hooker and her friend” Pierre said making me hit him. “Hey!!” yelled Seb in a whisper sounding offended that Pierre had said such a thing before I ran at Chuck and Jeff to give them both hugs, “I’m glad someone still takes care of organising these boys” I said laughing making Chuck crack a smile, “Jeff, don’t worry the bald look suits you” I said making him laugh, “God I’ve missed those sassy comments of yours” David said making everyone laugh. “Okay where to?” Taylor asked, “This is your city this time” Sebastien made a point of saying, “okay then lets go get some ice cream!” I yelled excitedly, “can we have lunch first?” asked Chuck, “Chuck, lunch tastes better once you’ve had ice cream” I explained as we walked down to the Quay, Tay and I leading the group. “I like the way she thinks!” yelled David, “I understand why you fell for her now” he quietly whispered, but I pretended that I didn’t hear that.

“Pat, really? What’s with the camera?” I asked as he walked backwards in front of me, “hey its my job!” he defended, “I know you guys are tourists but, wait are you filming?!” I asked, “and you guys pay him to do this?!” “HEY I run the website and organise all the merch too!” he defended. “so Jess where are we going?” Patrick asked, shoving the camera in my face, “WE are going to get some ice cream and then go sit on the steps of the Opera House” I said confidently, “Is that really the plan Taylor?” he asked “I’m just here for the ice-cream” she said shrugging, “I LIKE HER!” yelled David excitedly making us all laugh.

We all got our ice cream and then I led everyone around the paved mall area, past all the restaurants, and eventually a view of both the Opera House and the Harbour bridge came into full view. “CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!” I yelled running with my ice cream in my hand, running up all the stairs. At first I thought no one had chased me but then turned around to find Sebastien coming after me, “ah shit” I said at that realisation, “you better keep running girl!” he yelled chasing me around the flat area between all the tourists who were trying to take photos. “okay okay you win” I said out of breath laughing as he pulled me close like old times, as I laughed. “I guess we better go back down to them” I said, “OR they could come up to us” he suggested as we sat there, his arm around my shoulder, it was nice I have to admit.

“Yes Tay?” I asked, answering my phone, “are you two coming down any time soon because we want food!” she said looking at us very mater-of-factly, “well we were planning on you lot coming up here but I guess the food is all down there, how about you lot get a head start, that burger place round the corner sound good?” I asked, “Yeah no worries” she responded eyeing my off before turning around and sending everyone back towards all the restaurants. “So they’re getting a head start are they?” Sebastien asked, “ah Yeah, come on, we’re both lazy and there’s like 100 steps in front of us” I explained, “hey I’m not lazy I’m usually full of energy and running around a stage carrying a guitar!” he protested, “and other than then?” I asked, “yeah okay” he admitted, helping me up.

We all grabbed burgers and chips and sat on the steps of the Opera House before doing the typically touristy thing and taking photos with the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House in the background, all pulling ridiculous poses. “Hold on a sec” I said reaching into my back pack pulling out my camera, “Everyone down there” I yelled and ran up some of the stops placing my camera on a step once I had set it to continuous shots.

“So how much of Sydney have you boys seen?” I asked as we walked through ‘The Rocks’ I was up higher than them on a ledge, balancing as I walked. “We’ve seen what you’ve shown us” replied Jeff, “been down to Bondi or Manly?” Taylor asked, “nope” said David shaking his head, “the shops in the middle of the CBD?” I asked, “non” Pierre replied in his thick French-Canadian accent, “The zoo or aquarium?” Taylor asked, “… I kind of forgot about those to be honest” I answered, “no” Chuck answered, “Down to Darling Harbour yet?” I asked, “definitely not” Sebastien replied. “well then, to the harbour for dinner?” I asked looking at the boys to see if that was okay. “Sebby can you help me down please?” I asked stretching out my hand, and then realised what I had just said, “I mean… just hold my hand so I don’t stack it” I corrected myself avoiding his name. I haven’t called him ‘Sebby’ since we broke up… “It’s okay Jessie” he whispered as he helped me down, making my stomach turn to knots.

We stopped by the hotel and began a journey though the middle of the city over to Darling Harbour, it was a pretty good walk but the boys didn’t seem to mind since it meant they got to see the city… well all except for David, “my feet hurt” he whined. “David, we’ve been walking for like 20 minutes” I said, shaking my head, “HEY LOOK THERES BIRDS!” he said pointing to a flock of pigeons making me laugh. We had walked about half way, Taylor and I pointing out little things along that way like where Channel 7 shot their morning show, and Hyde Park, and all the big buildings. “David if you stop complaining ill piggy back you for a bit” Taylor reasoned with him and his eyes lit up, “BUT, you have to piggy back me after” she explained, I knew she would have a condition to it, “OKAY!” he said hyperactively jumping on Tay’s back as we got to the top of hill which you could see the entire harbour from.

“So where we eating?!” asked Pierre, “pick a restaurant, they’re all good” I said as we walked down the stairs to the harbour, “okay, umm that one!” he said pointing to one restaurant, “you don’t want to know what kind of food they serve?” Taylor asked, “Tay these boys basically eat anything so long as it’s food” I reasoned, “sounds familiar” she joked, knowing that she was in fact describing both of us. We settled on an Italian restaurant, occupying a loud corner of the restaurant, and the more we ate and drank we became even louder. “Our shout” insisted Jeff, “no” I told them looking at them warningly, “at least let us pay for our meals” I tried, “no I’m not letting that happen, not again” Sebastien chuckled remembering that time I said that and then paid the entire bill, “Your meal is on me!” he insisted, “Sebastien I can pay my own way” I insisted, “I know but you’re not allowed to” he said forcing me to put my wallet back in my bag, “And Tay’s meal?” I asked looking at him like I had him cornered, “Its on me!” David yelled from across the table.

“So is anyone up for a night out?” Pierre asked, “Hate to break it to you but I don’t think either of us are exactly dressed for a night OUT in our shorts and converse” Taylor laughed, “well we can have a night IN?” Pierre suggested. I looked at Taylor, I was a little uneasy about a night in… in the middle of the city. Knowing Pierre it could end up anywhere, “How about a night in at our place?” I suggested, “We’ve got an amazing viewwwww” Taylor persuaded, “Do you have beer?” asked Pat, “umm I know I have some vodka, Alize and scotch?’ I responded. “Well if you’ve got a nice view then of course we’d like to come” Chuck said answering for everyone.

“I’d love to see your place” Sebastien leaned over and whispered so that only I could hear, my face turning red.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I havent been around a computer in a few days ! but here it is nonetheless :)
enjoy!