From Hell Blooms Chaos

Chapter Three

The comforting smell of motor oil and hair gel filled my nose as I opened my eyes to see Fix laying, without a shirt, close to me and smiling. “Good morning,” he whispered as he pressed his lips to my ear. Chills exploded throughout my body and I had to bite my lip to keep from moaning.

“H-how did you get in here…?” I managed to ask, but he chuckled and kissed my cheek in response. The contact made my heart do flips and my question no longer mattered. I rolled over to face him and our lips crashed. His arms wrapped around me and pulled me to him as I locked my fingers in his hair. He rolled on top of me and his lips traced down my jaw, stopping at my neck. I felt his teeth against my skin and gasped, my back arching up into him. My hands fell to his shoulders and my nails bit into his skin. He nibbled down to my collar bone as my fingertips gripped harder, digging into his shoulders. I felt something warm and wet in my hands and opened my eyes—

Blood.

My heart pounded and something was forcing my nails deeper. Fix hissed and lifted his head, but my hands wouldn’t let go, even as blood dripped passed my wrists—

“Stop!” I jolted up into a dark, empty room. I inhaled deeply many times, hoping to get the sick imaged out of my mind. It’s just a dream. It had to be, Fix wasn’t here and he was safe. That’s all that mattered, really. When I finally relaxed, I looked at the time. Despite the darkness, it was actually 8:35 in the morning. It must be a cloudy day.

There was a knock on the door before my muscles could stretch and fully wake. I sighed and pulled on some pajama pants, walking to the door and stretching out my arms. Regret began to make me shake as I opened the door; my eyes were set on the familiar uniform of the city police department. The man was familiar as well; he was Officer Harris’ old partner Officer Richards. He had dark hair that was passed his eyebrows and his eyes were a piercing blue.

“It’s been a long time, Chase. How are you today?” His voice was deep, yet soft. It reminded me of the voice of the person I relied on when my parents were murdered. It was his first job, back then, and sadly he had Officer Harris as a partner. I was shocked to see him, but…what if it was about the murder of Harris?

“No kidding, Officer Richards,” I replied. After I allowed him inside, we went to the living room and sat on the couch. He asked for some water and I retrieved a glass for him. He took a big gulp before turning to speak to me.

“So, you have heard the news? Officer Harris was murdered a few days ago.” His eyes stared into mine, I felt as if he could see me being guilty. I just nodded and wiped my sweaty hands against my pajama pants as the anxiety began. “Well, we still have no idea who killed him. I mean, no one in this place really cared for that man. We notice that he had continued coming here—“

“I reported that many times, and you guys told me not to worry. Did he stop? No, you guys allowed Officer Harris to harass me.” I snapped. My hand had an urge to place itself over my mouth to keep from speaking.

Why did I snap at him? Did that look suspicious? What’s going to happen?

He looked down at the ground and then, his eyes met mine again, making me freeze. “Blake Harris was an obsessive man, I admit. When he believed you were the killer of your own family, the whole police station laughed and paid no mind. I could see that his harassing you was to truly get back at us for not believing him, but the evidence showed that you were innocent. That you are innocent.” Shock overwhelmed me--I was not expecting to be called innocent, nor receive an apology. Then there was another knock on the door.

“Excuse me, Officer Richards.”

I was happy that someone was at the door to help me focus. Then, my cheeks burned when I opened the door and got the scent of hair gel and motor oil. The beautiful boy smiled, showing off his teeth that made me, yet again, almost beg to be bitten. “Ah, no shirt? I like that idea,” Fix winked, making me blush more. I let him in and he continued talking. “The cops're at your neighbor’s house or some—“ He stopped dead in his path when we entered the living room.

At first they just glanced at each other, and then anger or disgust for each other hit their eyes. It became tense and I needed to sit down. Fix sat down next to me, but wouldn’t keep his eyes off of Officer Richards. “Uh…please, continue with your questions?” I got Officer Richards to look at me instead of glaring at Fix, which was a start.

“Mind if I ask what Harris’ visits were about and how many times he would come?”

Before I could speak, I could feel those beautiful eyes glancing at me. I looked down at my hands and then looked up with my eyes to meet those eyes. Fix looked curious, guess it was time he knew a bit more about me. I looked back at Richards and took in a deep breath. “He would visit every month on the exact day of my parents’ deaths. He would question my story, writing his notes as usual and he would twist the story. Saying that there was no way he would let me get out of his sight. Sometimes his car would drive by on nights I would come home late from work.” I felt eyes on me again, and I stopped.

“I am sorry. May—“

“Fuck off.” My head quickly turned to Fix. What was he doing? I really hoped that Richards wouldn’t pull a Harris and throw him to the ground.

“Excuse me, punk?” It sounded like a growl and I bit my lip hard, what could I do?

“You heard me, pig. I said ‘fuck off’. I think you asked enough of someone who was harassed by your sick partner.”

“Don’t make me—“

“What? You’re nothing but a boy playing cop and running around in your little uniform.” Fix sat back against the couch and smirked. He knew that he had won. A part of me liked this side of him, it was sexy. Officer Richards glanced at me and put his card on my coffee table, his eyes showed defeat.

“Thank you for your time, Chase. It was good to see you, just wish it was under different circumstances.” I walked him out and closed the door. When I turned around, Fix stood in front of me.

“So…you are the ‘Lonely Lambert’.”

“Don’t call me that.” I remembered everyone in school calling me that. Many teachers even believed that I was the killer. I had hoped that no one would ever bring up that stupid name, a name that those writers placed on ads of the city newspaper.

“I’m sorry. I just…never thought you were alone.” He murmured. I was avoiding his eyes as I shook my head and sat down on the couch, kicking my feet up to land softly on the coffee table and I turned on the tv. It was good that no murders or anything related was on. Fix sat next to me once again, closer than before. He seized the remote from me and searched through the guide. I tried to hide my blush; it felt good to be close to him... Suddenly, he jumped in excitement. “Nightmare on Elm Street is on! We gotta watch it.”

I stared at him confused. What was he talking about? He cleared his throat and his cheeks held some redness, “Uh…sorry about that. Would you like to watch this with me?”

I’m not sure what it is about.” I was embarrassed to say, but it was true and the way he looked at me with his brow raised made me feel even worse.

"You've never seen Nightmare on Elm Street?"

"Nope."

"Freddie Kruger?" He settled back into the couch as the TV changed to the channel Nightmare on Elm Street was on.

"What?" My cheeks felt hot as he stared at me with his lips curved in a sarcastic smile.

"I can't believe you don't know who that is. I love the series. It started a little bit a go, so you didn't miss much." He turned to the TV and I watched the screen.

The movie was kind of creepy. This blonde was dreaming of her pre-school and when she saw a man with this...claw thing, she woke up. After she washed her face, Fix kind of chuckled and smirked. Okay, something was about to happen and I had a feeling I wasn't going to like it. Of course, the man in her dream ends up in her bed and attacks her--but she's still dreaming? That was a little confusing. Still, I watched as he threw her across the room and--

Shhhhlikt. My heart sunk as claws ripped through her shirt and sliced her skin. Blood rushed out of the fresh wounds, making me lightheaded.

"TURN IT OFF!" My breathing became heavy as I tried to look away from the screen. "TURN IT OFF--TURN IT OFF--TURN IT OFF!" My shaking hands reached for the remote as Fix did the same, shutting off the TV before I could touch it.

"Whoa, whoa! Chase!" His hands were on my shoulders and the feeling startled me. I jerked away, but his grip was firm.

Blood trailed down his chest and stomach.

"Chase! Look at me!" His voice was stern, but my eyes couldn't focus on anything real. Just the blood. "Chase!" The room blurred, but I could see him. Fix. I can see him. My eyes focused and the bad images faded. Hazel eyes stared into me with worry.

"Fix..." My voice sounded distant, but his name felt so good on my tongue.

"Are you okay?" He searched my face for something and I couldn't answer. "I am so sorry. If I knew you'd react that way..."

"It's okay..."

"I guess... I should have known considering... Oh, man. I'm such a douche bag right now..." Fix's palm hit his forehead and turned away. I frowned and looked away. He thinks I reacted that way because of my parents? If only he knew... "Here, come on, I'll take you out somewhere..." He went to get up and I couldn't help it. My hand reached out to his, clasping his wrist in my palm.

"Please stay." The words escaped my lips and our eyes locked. Slowly, he sat down, our gaze never breaking. There was something buzzing between us--something I couldn't quite grasp. I knew he could feel it, too. My heart beat heavily and the space between us seemed to be closing in. I shut my eyes and I felt his forehead touch mine. He was warm and soft and the world around me seemed to melt away--or maybe I was melting. Whichever it was, all my fears seemed to wash away with it. There was no more Officer Richards. No more blood. There was nothing but Fix and I in this fuzzy melting world. I felt his fingers on my arm and a tingling sensation seemed to prickle its way through me. His breath beat against my lips, urging the space to close.

His lips were softer than I'd ever imagined. Maybe I was imagining this. Maybe this was a dream. But he felt so real. My fingertips touched his face, his fingers still wrapped around my wrist. I smiled against his lips and our faces were now centimeters apart. Our eyes met as soon as they opened and his lips curved into his smirk. "Do you realize how long I've been waiting to do that...?" His words made my heart leap, but all I could do was smile back.

"I think I do..."
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's chapter 3, it is up late (my fault, I completely forgot about posting it). We hope you enjoy it and chapter four is in progress and will be posted as soon as we finish. Thank you.

XxDeath-of-BrokenxX and xGreyAlexander