Status: Finished!

Lone Survivors

Insulted

“Is everything all right?” Andrea asked as she crawled into her sleeping bag. I was already in my own, just lying on my back and staring at nothing as I revisited my hectic day. It was so insulting. Was Andrea one of those people who had talked shit about me?

“I had a rough day. Apparently people don’t like or trust me,” I said while looking over at the blonde. She didn’t show any reaction, so I assumed she wasn’t one of them.

“You can’t expect to get along with everyone.”

“And I don’t. But I don’t like being accused of being a whore when I’m just trying to help out,” I countered, which caught her attention. Andrea raised her eyebrows.

“Really? A whore? That’s impressive,” she joked lightly. “How did that happen?”

“Apparently my genuine massages for Daryl are actually us bangin’,” I told her. It was pretty ridiculous, now that I thought about it. Andrea and I chuckled.

“Well I say just ignore it. Unless you are actually trying to get into his pants, because then you could use it to your advantage.”

“I’m not!” I replied quickly, feeling my cheeks heat up a smidgen. I had been blamed of enough things today!

“I’m just saying… I got into Shane’s recently, and oh my God, was it good to be back with a man or what…” Andrea moaned quietly. My jaw hit the ground.

“You what?” I hissed in disbelief.

“I won’t bore you with the details, but it was great. And I don’t care about him or anything, maybe just like how you don’t feel anything for Daryl, but it’s still worth a try,” Andrea said as she got comfortable on her pillow.

“I’m not that kinda girl, even in an apocalypse,” I said quietly.

“He’s a strong man. He took an arrow to the side, and a bullet to the head… And he doesn’t even blame me, so he does have a kind heart beneath that rough visage… Not to mention how he searches for Sophia endlessly, even though there’s probably no hope.”

“What’s your point?” I asked sleepily.

“That he’s a better choice than Shane,” Andrea answered after a small pause. That could have been a hint of regret I heard, but maybe I was wrong. I didn’t know her that well after all. We both fell silent and after a while Andrea put out the light. Her breathing slowed shortly afterwards and I knew she safely sleeping. If only I could relax enough to do the same…
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to HotRanger69, everythingburns, and nothingisasitseems for the comments, as well as to all of you who have recced this so far :)

I promise you will all love the next chapter ;)