Status: Finished!

Lone Survivors

Not Hungry

Daryl brought over a bowl with squirrel in it and sat down. He took a small piece out and then passed it over to me, moving his hands closer to the fire. I knew what he was doing, and I refused to go along with it. Just because I had missed my last few periods didn’t mean I was pregnant. Times were tough, and I wasn’t getting enough nutrition. Aside from being super skinny, this was just a way my body was reacting to that, so Daryl just needed to quit freaking out about it. I wasn’t concerned at all, since it was all natural and normal. There was nothing to worry about.

“I’m not hungry,” I told him quietly. Everyone was eating such a small amount of one of the two squirrels he had caught earlier. Half went to Lori because her baby needed it, and the rest was divided up amongst us, Daryl usually getting a bit more because it was his time and energy that was spent hunting. But now he was giving me more, and special treatment was not what I needed. Maggie was raising her eyebrows at me, clearly not impressed with Daryl’s behaviour.

“Well I ain’t hungry, so have my share,” Daryl urged. At least he had the decency to try and hide what he was doing. I ignored him, just taking a sip of my water and looking around the group. They were all silent and watching us. “Mandy…”

“No,” I whispered, pushing the bowl in his direction.

“Just eat it!” Daryl growled, pushing the bowl right back at me. My jaw dropped a bit, surprised at his reaction in front of everyone. I grabbed the bowl and stood up, avoiding Daryl’s eyes that I knew were watching me. Once I had walked behind some people to the other side of the group, I bent down and gave the bowl to Carl and Beth.

“Eat up,” I told the children quietly, earning a grateful smile from them both.

“Bitch,” Daryl said as I straightened up. He was so pissed at me. I gritted my teeth and turned my back, leaving the group for some time to cool off. I understood that he cared, but it was my body and my choice. He just had to respect that.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know, really short chapter, but I think the close together updates make up for it? Hope you all enjoyed reading, and leave a comment with your thoughts (on either the latest episode or my story, just whatever).

jcov__, HotRanger69, Zombiexlollipop, XTeamSammiX, kirsti182, and Average Lifesaver;; - thank you so much for your comments! It's good to see some new commenters! Keep them coming!!!

And to Zombiexlollipop, I thought Daryl yelling that Glenn was Korean was absolutely hilarious - I actually laughed my ass off at that part XD