Status: Finished!

Lone Survivors

Hostile

Rick followed me shortly after I had left, and he put a hand on my shoulder to stop me. I faced him, seeing behind him that Daryl was still sitting at the quiet group.

“What’s going on with you two?” Rick demanded as I kept my eyes on Daryl. “You’re unnervin’ the whole group! You can’t be being so hostile in front of everyone!”

“He just needs to-” I began.

“No! You both need to stop! Sort it out!” Rick hissed. I looked up at my leader, seeing genuine concern. He was being strict for everyone’s sake. “Is there something I should know?” I tensed, realising that now was a better time than any.

“You can’t tell anyone,” I whispered, getting a nod of assurance. “I might be pregnant.”

“You what?”

“He thinks I am, and I think I’m not,” I blurted, wrapping my arms around my waist. “I think I’ve missed my past few periods because of malnutrition, but he thinks it’s because I’m pregnant.”

“Why don’t you eat then?” Rick questioned, sounding a bit confused as he referred to the recent situation.

“Because if I don’t eat, I’ll hopefully have a miscarriage if I am pregnant, and if not, then nothing will change,” I explained. “I don’t want to risk becoming healthier and then having a baby. I won’t be able to handle that!” Rick nodded, clearly becoming lost in thought, so I looked back over at the group. Daryl was staring in our direction.

“All right… We need to sort this out, but the less who know about it the better,” Rick said. Couldn’t agree more. “I’ll get some of us to go and do a supply run as soon as possible. You can ask someone you trust to get a pregnancy test for you. Then we can handle the situation from there.”

“As long as it’s not a risk to anyone, that sounds good,” I agreed.

“I won’t mention anything to Daryl, but please try and keep everything calm. It’s just scaring everyone even more.”

“Yeah… Sorry…” I mumbled.
♠ ♠ ♠
I promise the chapters will get longer soon! And more interesting, depending on what you find interesting...

Thank you Zombiexlollipop, XTeamSammiX, HotRanger69, TheGoodLlama, RoadieEm, and Average Lifesaver;; for the comments on the last update. Special thanks to Grump Bunny for the super long comment :D

Also thank you to all the subscribers, readers and recs - I'm so glad that the stats for this story just keep on increasing so much!